A Reproposal or Not?????

Online Users: 1,320 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Blueeyebutterfly Posts : 4 Registered: 5/27/09
A Reproposal or Not?????
Posted: May 27, 2009 3:46 AM

Hi, we were engaged in november 2008, we had the engagement party, bought all kind of things for the wedding, booked everything....basically it was all done. Then we had some minor issues come up mainly with the financial aspect of it and maybe we both had cold feet...with this being said, we both mutually agreed to call off the wedding and the engagement for awhile. We have still been together happily since we called it off. We called it off the first week of April it has now been almost 2 months and we have realized that we want to go ahead with all our plans...But the question is and it sounds stupid but should he repropse?? Can we use the same ring? We are not sure where to go from here, do we put the ring back on and be engaged as if nothing happened or does he repropose and give me the ring or another ring all over again???????? Help!!! How do you get re-engaged lol ??????

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: A Reproposal or Not?????
Posted: May 27, 2009 8:05 AM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

the simple answer is: it is YOUR relationship. You decide the rules. You can use the same ring. If you want him to ask again so you can answer, you can. If you want to discuss it and you decide to put it back on, then that is what you do.

Misty

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 27, 2009 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

Hi,

You've already had an engagement party, so I would really suggest that you don't officially get engaged again, I personally don't think it would be the right thing to do. However, seeing that you've had personal issues, perhaps just celebrate the two of you, go out for dinner or do something nice you both enjoy. And then send out save-the-date cards, this will officially let people know that the wedding is back on, you don't need to explain to others that you've gotten "re-engaged : ) " perhaps just break the news to those closest to you i.e. parents, close family and friends.

I see no need to get another engagement ring, if it's like mine a lot of thought, time and money has gone into buying the ring, so if you like it I'd just wear the same one.

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you!

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

EarlLyan1082 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/11/09
Posted: May 27, 2009 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

yeah i agree...the decision maker is yourRelationship ...however, i think that if you would want to 'refeel' the romance of the proposal, or the ring, just ask him...for me it really does not matter if you use the same ring or not but if you think having a new ring would make it more sweet then you should get one... do what your hearts tell you.... good luck....

Teach Me How to play the Violin

Pulsatile Tinnitus

Dent Master Wales

Slow Computer Problems

Canon PowerShot A590 IS

Are You Looking For a Professional Window Cleaning Service?

Best Fly Fishing Guide Ever!

How to Lose Weight After Having a Baby

Six Pet Turtle Care Tips

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: May 28, 2009 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

Gah - I wouldn't even THINK of getting another ring! Really, you've only been 'unengaged' for a month or two...why get another ring?

And unless you made a big deal about breaking your engagement, I don't see any reason to make a big deal about announcing your 'reengagement'. I'd mention it to your closest family and friends, but everybody else will figure it out when they get a wedding invitation from you. In fact, most people probably won't even remember that you got 'unengaged' for a month. I doubt I would remember, unless you were a very close friend of mine that I saw on a daily basis. And those who do remember will just shrug it off, thinking, 'Hmm, I remember something about them calling off the wedding. Looks like they worked that out - good!'

As for the 'reproposal,' do whatever you want. If you feel like a new proposal will start the new engagement off on the right foot, go for it. If that's not important to you, don't.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: May 28, 2009 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Whatever you do, you should be sure to also click on the links in Earl's post. I don't know of anyone who wouldn't be interested in knowing the Six best ways to care for your pet turtle! Oh, and I'm going fly fishing next weekend..... Thank God I found this thread so I could get those tips from Earl.
LMFAO!

As for the reproposal, I agree with everything Art said!

Member and Co-Founder of POOP:   "People Offended by Offended People"

Photobucket 

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 28, 2009 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

I need my windows washed. I wonder if this service is available in New Jersey.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine