Make up Opinions... Fake eye lashes or no?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 34

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Re: Make up Opinions... Fake eye lashes or no?
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

I have the perfect mascara for you. I bought it for my wedding and haven't bought any other kind ever since.

Clinique Lash Power Mascara Long-Wearing Formula

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P206900&categoryId=B70

Member and Co-Founder of POOP:   "People Offended by Offended People"

Photobucket 

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: MrsKG

FutureMrsGeorge - That's exactly what I use. I love it too. Does it come in waterproof?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

MrsKG Posts : 115 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Ya know, I dont know...I make sure I dont get the waterproof...lol...but Im sure it does. Most mascaras come in both...

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--Sam Keen

wedding widget

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: May 6, 2009 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: MrsKG

I'll have to check out the Clinique and the L'Oreal, thanks for the recommendations ladies!

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Is it just me, or is waterproof mascara more difficult to work with?

MakeupMaven Posts : 1 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 6, 2009 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Hi Future Mrs. V,
I am a makeup artist so I can't help but put in my 2 cents on the lashes.
-First there is waterproof glue you can use so the lashes will hold up better to crying
-Second- I am a big fan of lashes! You have naturally long lashes, but I would recommend using individual lashes rather than the strip. The individual lashes will help define your eyes especially in pictures because it will make your natural lashes look thicker.

I think you do beautiful makeup yourself- I'm impressed!
I agree you were a little over-bronzed when you had your makeup done, but that is not because of the airbrush, it's because they used the wrong color. :)

I offer free trials if your interested- even if you do great makeup, it can be stressful to worry about doing it yourself on your wedding day. Please feel free to check out my website finestfeatures.com to see my work and let me know if you're interested.

or, let me know if you have any other questions! Congrats!

makeup maven

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

That is it. Has the most romantic scene in it. The lines are something like: "I forgive you." "For what?" "For being so wonderful a guy would rather be in hell just to hang around you than to be in heaven for one minute without you." That is not the exact quote, but it is SUCH a romantic notion.

Misty

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Posted: May 7, 2009 1:32 AM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

I'm going to go with what seems to be the majority and say I like your make-up job better than the pro's, but I like the more natural look. In my opinion, the pro's was a bit too over done. You're beautiful either way and I think your lashes are pretty nice on their own, but if you want fake lashes, go for them.

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 7, 2009 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

I like the professional make-up look (and by no means am I saying the one you did looked bad), but for drama and glamour professional much better : ) ! The make-up artist obviously used bronzer, if you're not used to it-it might seem a bit much. I like the eyes and absolutely love the lashes, but perhaps try to change the blush to be a bit more rosy / pinky, it'll look very pretty!

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

9 MONTHS 'TILL I MARRY THE MAN OF MY DREAMS

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: May 7, 2009 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: CoutureBride27

My 2 biggest problems with the pro make up was that it 1. felt heavy 2. didn't match my skin tone. I should have taken a picture of my jaw/neck area when I got home because the difference was REALLY obvious. She did use bronzer and I'm all for highlighting in the right places to bring out features, but this was way too much and I just looked orange. I ended up using a tissue when I got home and rubbing a lot of it off and putting a transluscent powder over so I wouldn't feel like a pumpkin for the rest of the day. FH didn't like the make up job, he said my eyes were ok, but he didn't like how orange I looked or how heavy the make up seemed. He also said the eye lashes looked ok but he wasn't used to it (not really an issue). I could find a better artist with a heaftier price tag, but I really don't want to go around spending $50 here and there for trials, and being somewhat of a perfectionist or at least picky when it comes to my make up it makes it difficult for me to trust a professional. The last thing I want to do is feel like a clown or not feel myself on my wedding day.

I'm still practicing and expiramenting with different colors, so far my fav is still the gold and brown colors because I think it brings out the color of my eyes, but I'm open to other colors and such.

For the person who made the comment about waterproof mascara being harder to work with, I'm kind of thinking that is part of the problem. I actually used a brush out of one of my regular mascaras for the Cargo "Better then Water proof" mascara this morning and and that helped, because the brush they provide is really bulky and it makes the mascara clump up on it more. I'm still going to look into the L'Oreal and the Clinique and maybe some others, including the possibility of just adding the individual lashes to enhance my natural lashes.

I really appreciate all of thre responses, recommendations, and kind words. You ladies are great!

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

mngawedding Posts : 32 Registered: 7/20/08
Posted: May 7, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

in my opinion, fake lashes felt totally unnatural on me -- i constantly felt like something was in my eyes. i think the fake lashes look great on you, but then so does the mascara, and comfort is a factor on the big day!

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: May 7, 2009 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try using a regular brush in it!

soontobemrsnye Posts : 240 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: May 7, 2009 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Ok I haven't been on the boards in awhile...been lurking but no reponses but I have some good advice. I too felt so over done with makeup after my trial. I felt so caked on and not myself. My husband saw it and didn't like it and said I did my own makeup better. Then my SIL gave me some good advice. She said it looks over done cause I don't have all the other parts of me put together like the dress, hair, veil etc...It was so true. I mean who walks around in an everyday shirt all done up with lots of makeup? I am not a makeup artist so I don't know but I guess I agree your foundation was a little dark but just ask her to lighten it up. Mine was too chalky so the day of, she used less. Obviously I think you look pretty both ways but just take into consideration my thoughts. You want to look over the top and over done in some ways on your special day. Good Luck!

Just Married and loving it!

Pregnancy-DueDate.com - DueDate Calculators & Tickers

luxemakeup Posts : 1 Registered: 5/20/09
Posted: May 20, 2009 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Looking through the images provided, I recommend using a half strip of lashes. As a makeup artist, I do recommend having your makeup applied by a professional. However, I understand that some brides choose to do it themselves and get good results. It's a personal choice and you will be a beautiful bride either way!

Try the Ardell 301 half strip. It's what I use on photoshoots and on brides when I want a natural look, with a little extra pop!

Congratulations! Rachael

Rachael Perrin

Makeup Artist

rachael@luxemakeup.com

www.luxemakeup.com

BostonBrideJuly... Posts : 7 Registered: 5/21/09
Posted: May 21, 2009 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Hi!

You did such a great job on your make-up! I used to be an artist for Stila - here are my tips:

1. I love Mac #9 lashes and Sugar lashes. Both are great and you can trim to size if they are too long.

2. I love the glue from Shu Uemura. Their lashes are too crazy for your wedding, but their glue is the best- you won't have any tear problems with it.

3. To Apply:
- When applying the glue, use a small amount and wait about 1 minute before applying. You want the glue to become tacky so it doesn't slip around. Bend the lashes back and forth so that they will curve more easily.

• Work from outer to inner corner when applying the lash. This way they will be even.
  • Break a Q-tip in half and use the hard end to press the lashes into your lash line

In misc tips, your make-up looked good, but you should pay attention to which areas are matte and which reflect light when someone is using flash photography. Get a sheer, illuminating face product and use it across the "bones" of your face. (top of cheekbone, thin line on forhead, dot on nose &chin) Then make the rest matte with a powder. Blotting tissues are great too. Also, be careful about using a sheerer glosses - when the flash hits it can wash out the color. Go for something more pigmented.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine