Has anyone proposed to their guy?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

jbear Posts : 73 Registered: 9/18/06
Has anyone proposed to their guy?
Posted: May 13, 2009 2:58 PM

This is probably going to sound kind of insane.

But bf and I decided that he will propose to me traditionally, and some time after, I will propose to him (inlcuding a ring). We think it will be meaningful this way, even if it is totally bizarre.

Anyway, I want my proposal to him to be romantic, but something that a guy would like. He's not showy at all, so it needs to be something intimate and personal.

Any ideas?

ninkwink Posts : 17 Registered: 5/11/09
Re: Has anyone proposed to their guy?
Posted: May 13, 2009 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: jbear

My boyfriend and I always try to have a date around the time we had our first date. Sometimes I've prepared a special meal and we have candlelight and soft music playing.

Maybe you can do this for your guy. My mom always said the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach so maybe you can cook (or buy) a nice meal and set it out on the table on nice plates and have some wine and nice music and suggest to dance after the meal and then look into his eyes and ask him if he'll spend the rest of his life with you.

Posted: May 13, 2009 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: ninkwink

hmm. that sounds really sweet!

honestly, that's the kind of thing i was thinking of doing. i love to cook for him and most of our best nights have been times when we had a nice meal then just stayed up late drinking and talking on the couch.

i'm just worried it won't be "special enough".

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Posted: May 14, 2009 2:13 AM Go to message in response to: jbear

I wouldn't worry about it being "special enough". To me, it's the question and the commitment that are special, not necessarily the way it came about.

ninkwink Posts : 17 Registered: 5/11/09
Posted: May 14, 2009 8:56 AM Go to message in response to: jbear

Maybe you can add a special element like bake something or having something baked that spells out "Will you marry me?" in it.

Or you can go to a movie and have one of the ushers make a speech at the beginning saying something along the lines, "Cinema 8 asks that you refrain from using cell phones, please keep talking to a minimum, and blah blah blah." And then maybe you should make your phone go off or have a friend in the theater make your phone go off and the usher come by and look sternly at you and your FH and then have the usher say something like, "Is that your phone? Well, you shouldn't have it ringing during a proposal. So anyway, will you marry her?"

I'm sure you could tell the manager of a theater of what you want to do and just do it before the movie starts and slip a kid at a theater a couple of bucks. There's always some dramatic kid working at the theater.

Posted: May 15, 2009 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: ninkwink

hmm... interesting :)

i am so not very creative. i'm not sure if i really want to get other people involved since he's shy, but also... it does seem fun. more stuff to think about...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine