Gift for parents 30th wedding anniversary

Online Users: 1,327 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

otasto Posts : 2 Registered: 5/15/09
Gift for parents 30th wedding anniversary
Posted: May 15, 2009 1:35 AM

Does anyone have an idea as to what I could get my parents for their 30th wedding anniversary?

We've always bought them something tangible in the past, but are looking at something with little monetary value and a high personal value :)

Any suggestions?

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Re: Gift for parents 30th wedding anniversary
Posted: May 15, 2009 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: otasto

If you have siblings, what about a 2nd honeymoon that you all can chip in on? We just celebrated my parents 50th anniversary and we had a surprise brunch for them, maybe around 50 people. They LOVED it!

"Be Here Now"  Senn Delaney

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: May 15, 2009 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: otasto

For my parents 25th, they took us on a cruise! It was soo much fun, but Im sure that is above what you want to spend.

My siblings and I got our parents dance lessons. My mom has always wanted to do ballroom and my dad doesnt mind doing things like that with my mom.

Formerly FMR2008 

Married Since December 27, 2008!

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: May 18, 2009 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

My sisters and I pooled our money and sent our parents on a long weekend to wine country. Paid for the hotel and airfare. The rest was up to them. They loved it!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: May 18, 2009 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: otasto

Dear Otasto

I have been married 32 years, and have raised two sons and a niece.

I have, already, enough "stuff". I tell my kids that I don't want anything I need to find a place for, clean, dust or insure.

The best gifts for us "older" people, in my opinion, is something consumable. Do you have any specialty home-cooked dishes that your parents enjoy? That would be low-cost but high on sentiment. It sounds dumb, but I would prefer even a giant bowl of potato salad over something that will need dusting.

otasto Posts : 2 Registered: 5/15/09
Posted: May 24, 2009 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: otasto

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.

My siblings have convinced me to create a memory book. Unfortunately, a lot of our parent's family and friends are spread throughout the states by now. Fortunately, we found a site called CelebrateAHero.com , which lets us invite friends/family to help us with it. Then we can just download and print it ourselves.

I agree with everyone that by that age people have everything they really need, and sentimental gifts are best. Looks like this gift will still also be tangible, but definitely one they will hopefully remember for years. :)

Thanks again!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: May 25, 2009 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: otasto

Dear Otasto,

That sounds lovely. Go for it.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 1:21 AM Go to message in response to: otasto

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine