plus-size bridesmaid

Online Users: 1,290 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0
plus-size bridesmaid
Posted: Jan 14, 2005 3:43 AM

I am having a difficult time trying to pick out bridesmaids dresses. I have 2 junior bridesmaids (both 11 years old), 2 bridesmaids who are thin (size 6) and one plus-size bridesmaid. I am unsure of her exact size, but I would guess around a 24-26. I am having a hard time trying to find a gown that she will be comfortable in. I don't want to discuss this with her in much detail because I don't want to hurt her feelings or make her feel self-conscious. The only request that she has made is that she is able to wear a normal bra with her gown b/c she is uncomfortable wearing strapless bras. I've decided that since I have such a broad range of sizes and body types that I'm going to pick a brand and material and let each bridesmaid and jr. bridesmaid pick out whatever style they like the best. I know that I want black, cocktail-length dresses, and besides that I don't really care as long as everyone coordinates. Does anyone have any advice on where to find a gown that my plus-size friend will be comfortable in? I don't want her to wear a maw-maw looking gown. She's young and fashionable and I want her dress to reflect that. I'm really looking for a brand that offers jr. bridesmaid dresses as well. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm about to go crazy!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine