"Double Ring Ceremony"

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
"Double Ring Ceremony"
Posted: May 3, 2009 10:20 AM

Okay, until yesterday, I thought that this was where both the Bride and the Groom exchanged rings, and so almost all weddings had Double Ring Ceremonies.

That's not what it is. It's where the bride's wedding ring is really two separate bands. That was not how we planned out rings (long story -- post to follow on Monday. I want to cash the vendor's refund check BEFORE I tell everyone what they did to deserve a serious rant.)

So now, I have two 2mm white gold bands to go on each side of my engagement ring. Individually, the wedding bands are not very much to look at, and I do not like them. HOWEVER, when they are next to the engagement ring, they really all look stunning. So the total picture is a great look whereas the rings themselves... eh. (The problem was finding a ring that didn't really detract from my ring). But together, I do love the look. Plus, they really look like a great matched set for the wedding ring we picked out for FH. AND the bands will protect the diamonds from wear and tear some.

ANYWHO.

HOW does a double ring ceremony work? Normally, you'd not wear your e ring and you'd exchange your rings, then put it on. But I've got two rings, and the ering goes between them. Anyone done this?

Thanks!

Misty

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: "Double Ring Ceremony"
Posted: May 3, 2009 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I don't know if you are doing pictures before the ceremony, since most photographers like to do something with your engagement ring in photos. Why not have someone, a groomsmen or trusted friend, grab the e-ring from you right before the ceremony and bring it to FH? When he slips on the wedding bands, he can also slip on the engagement ring too, so it will look nice and you don't have to worry about moving things around after the ceremony.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: May 3, 2009 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Dear Misty,

"HOW does a double ring ceremony work? Normally, you'd not wear your e ring and you'd exchange your rings, then put it on. But I've got two rings, and the ering goes between them. Anyone done this? "

Unless you're having closed-circuit TV focusing on your hands at the moment of the ring exhange, and the guests are all watching on high-definition monitors, it really won't matter what slight-of-hand you pull at ring time.

You remove the e-ring before the ceremony, then for safekeeping put it on your right hand. Just before the ring exchange, you slip off the e-ring and hold it in the palm of your hand.

W-ring #1 goes on your finger, then the e-ring, then w-ring 2. If anyong notices (which they wont') that it's taking a bit more time than usual, they'll just chalk it up to jittery nerves.

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: May 3, 2009 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Aunt's plan sounds like it would work fine. However, unless you're planning for the photographer to get a close-up shot of your hand in that second after the ring exchange and are therefore concerned about how it will look, I see nothing wrong with leaving the e-ring on during the ceremony, having your husband slip both wedding bands on at once, then changing them around ASAP after the ceremony is over. I don't have 2 wedding bands, but I did leave on my e-ring during the ceremony and did the switcheroo post-ceremony.

preview image

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 3, 2009 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm also thinking of just before walking down the aisle, putting on one of the bands and then my e-ring. Then FH would just put the third one of the set on during the ceremony. Since the two bands look identical, I'll never be able to tell them apart anyway. They will be sautered together afterwards anyway

I do like the idea of him slipping on three. and doing the order switcheroo too. We have time to figure out how it works best for us.!

Misty

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 3, 2009 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

We sautered mine together. Oh crap. We unsautered them. He just put them both on. I took both off the day before and he had them. They look funky separate, but together pretty nice. I've never seen any like them anyway, plus they were his grandma's. Anyway, no one will notice if you do it however you want.

Aunt is right about that.

They did notice that my SIL's MOH dropped hers!! Cause it was really loud and it rolled, but it was totally cute and one of those moments that makes the wedding unique. And the pictures from then are great!!

so, no matter how you guys decide to do it it'll be perfect anyway cause it's unique to you two. However, if he puts 1, 2 or 3 on I don't think people will notice. Unless he drops htem, and then you'll have some really neat pictures. Those impromptu pictures are always my favorites. :)

Waiting to read the rant, and thinking you are soooo much nicer than me!!!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 4, 2009 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

What I did was switched my e-ring to my right hand in the limo on the way to the church (i think, dont know exactly when) and then after the ring ceremony, we sat back down and I put the e-ring on w/ the wedding band. But if yours doesnt fit on the right hand, then you can have someone hold it for you and give it back after the ceremony.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: May 4, 2009 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Misty - I think the best option is for you, IMO to just wear one of the bands and your e-ring, then have FH put the 2nd band on during the ceremony. That's what we were supposed to do during ours. Except Richard forgot my band so we had to use my e-ring. But whatever you do, do what you want and i'll be perfect!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine