how to bustle

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3
how to bustle
Posted: Jan 5, 2005 4:53 AM

I am trying to get information on how to bustle a dress. If it is possible, I would like to try to do it myself since I am on a very tight budget. If anyone knows of any websites that offer step-by-step, or if anyone else has sucessfully done this themselves...any info would be appreciated.

how to bustle
Posted: Jan 5, 2005 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

usually you use covered buttons for the bustle, which also requires loops for the buttons, but i think there are also other ways to do it. i would absolutely, positively go to a seamstress to do it for you, because you could ruin your gown. think of it this way, you only paid 50 bucks for it, so you are way ahead of the game! maybe you could find some other ways to save on money to make up for the alterations.

how to bustle
Posted: Jan 5, 2005 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with superfly. Go to a seamstress. And if your set on not having them do it then maybe ask them how you can. Thats what i did for a part of my dress that was pretty easy to do...they told me how to do it. Try that. Good Luck.

how to bustle
Posted: Jan 5, 2005 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Agreed. I'm all for saving money, but this is one time I'd want to have a professional do it. In addition to covered buttons, I've also seen bows. There were small hidden ribbons that came undone and tied through a loop that was also hidden. Think of the weight of your dress though. A seamstress will know what to use to ensure that nothing tears off, snaps, etc. She'll be able to hide any sign of a bustle until you actually need to use it. Call around and price different places. Go with the cheapest, but ensure quality.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine