Wedding color help!!!

Online Users: 1,340 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

bbaker0525 Posts : 14 Registered: 3/11/09
Wedding color help!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 10:44 AM

I am getting married Oct 2, 2010. So technically its fall but its still summery outside. My problem is I am not a fan of fall. I dont really like pumpkins, leaves or anything else thats fall. Im a spring summer person. So I know I want to have like a canary yellow color. But I am contemplating what to go with it. I thought about orange but then its kinda all nuetral and nothing sticks out. (if that makes any sense LOL) So i was thinking maybe a deep purple with yellow and white. But idk if thatll look ok. Another thing I really want is for my MOH to have something different. So I was thinking maybe put her in a long yellow dress while the other bridesmaids where purple knee length dresses. Im sooo confused on all of this! LOL. I wanted to use a sage green also but my future sister in law is getting married 2 months before me and all her colors are greens and ivory. So I dont want to do anything like her bc she is BRIDEZILLA!! LOL

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Wedding color help!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: bbaker0525

Life will be a lot easier for you if you forget about the notion that your colors must somehow relate to the seasons. There's no reason that you can't do pastels in December or brown in April, if that's what you like. Try to fit the weight of the fabric and the style of the dresses to the climate at the time of the wedding. But, for color, go with what you love. Your purple/yellow combo sounds really pretty. I'd keep the lengths of your attendants' dresses the same, even if you decide to do contrasting colors. Both purple and yellow have many variations--for example, you could use a deeper color for your maids and a more lavender color for your MOH. Yellow flowers for everyone would tie the look together. Contact me through my website and I'll be happy to sent you some flower combo pictures.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

bbaker0525 Posts : 14 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Thanks for the input! Its all a lil overwhelming. LOL. The only thing I have decided on is I want my MOH to be different thatn the rest of the girls in some way. I want her to look and feel important. Besides that and my first dance thats the only thing I have decided!

jessdarval Posts : 5 Registered: 4/21/09
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: bbaker0525

I got married in a barn type building with rafters this is what I did with it (please click on link you might have to cut and paste it). http://www.slide.com/r/eewa-ipK6T8sEJ4enF0JZtOKO-G2oeNQ?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original
I had 22 tables I rented the linens I made all of the flower balls(hanging from rafters with fishing line) in 3 differant sizes(for sale) I did votive candles(for sale) and rose petals on the tables. I also bought terracotta pots and grew wheat grass in them. My girls wore tea lenght tangerine orange dresses from David bridal. We were married right outside the barn I used tiki torches for the isle. I made tissue paper pom pom flowers to hang from the ceiling. We made all our own food. It was a great time! I have a full list of the items I have for sale please email for that list, it is all being sold as a set it is a great price. jessdarval@gmail.com

l_9b799ac91418c85761cba2407b989037.jpg picture by kaysn

l_736cb30ad1a0a17bebb4886a741bbbb1.jpg picture by kaysn

l_c3583b7b8c28a60c1bbfdd0f1265e8dc.jpg picture by kaysn

l_64ed9ab7533f3b0c062ed00bbaad37a5.jpg picture by kaysn

That's my mom this dress the pic is bad it is a great lime green color. The dress has 4 pieces (shrug top skirt and ruffle skirt under) and is a size 16 and is also for sale.

zachsgirl09 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/30/09
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: bbaker0525

My colors are peach. My two bridesmaids dresses are plain satin peach dresses, but my MOH dress is going to have a peach chiffon overlay in the same color. It's just enough for the MOH to be a little different without a clash.

As far as colors, I would go with the colors that you like or feel comfortable with. I wouldn't try to plan the colors around the season. If you go with something you're comfortable and familiar with (like a favorite color) then I think it'll be easy for you to decide things like dresses, flowers, etc.

That's my two cents anyway. Hope it helps!

jjones15 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/21/09
Posted: May 1, 2009 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: bbaker0525

You sound exactly like me! I'm getting married October 3rd of this year. I too hated the idea of using traditional fall colors. My colors are eggplant, kelly green and trims of silver. Everything so far is gorgeous. I will say that finding things in eggplant is pretty difficult. Alot of what I find is actually purple, but they call it eggplant. Bridesmaids dresses have been the hardest but i'm having better luck now. I'm seeing these colors in a lot of bride's magazines lately so odds are good by the time your wedding comes around you will plenty of choices!

FuturamaMama Posts : 6 Registered: 7/25/06
Posted: May 3, 2009 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: bbaker0525

I LOVE yellow. Prisilla of boston I think ran an ad last spring I think (maybe fall) that was a center dress in solid yellow with the two other dresses done in black and white print. It may sound off, but OMG it's gorgeous.Your MOH could be in a b/w pattern and the girls could be in yellow. Just a possibility. Enjoy!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 4, 2009 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: FuturamaMama

i love the idea of yellow and shades of purple together. sounds gorgeous and whimsical.
you have a lot of time to figure all this stuff out, so try not to stress. but here are some pictures to give you inspiration....

they are just random pics I found on google image,but you can see how well the colors go together.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine