Engagement ideas please?

Online Users: 1,272 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

hesmineforever Posts : 2 Registered: 2/16/09
Engagement ideas please?
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 3:42 PM

I need some help and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. One of my friends wants to propose to his girlfriend within the next month or two. He is hiring a photographer to act like they are taking pictures just for the 2 of them to have but is really having one there to capture it all on film. Does anybody have any ideas how he can ask her. They are doing this in an outside setting where she thinks they are just getting pictures taken. Any ideas would be great! Thanks for any help.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Engagement ideas please?
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: hesmineforever

It sounds like he already has a plan, so what sort of ideas are you looking for? All he's missing in that plan is the part where he says 'Will you marry me?' and she says 'Yes.'

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Welcome to the boards. I agree with Artbride. It looks like he has most of the plan. I am also sending you a PM (thats a private message)

hesmineforever Posts : 2 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Sorry I should have explained more. He doesn't just want to get down on one knee and ask while the photographer takes the picture. He wants to do something different/fun while they are posing for a picture.

MsMeghann Posts : 147 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: hesmineforever

hi HesMine!

Welcome to the boards! Hmmm...while I do think his plan as it stands is already pretty elaborate, maybe he can write it out in the grass somehow, using sand or rocks, before hand? Then he can work with the photographer to "lead" them to this "great spot." I would stay away from rose petals outdoors, as they could blow away before he gets around to asking her - thus ruining the effect. Or, what if he gets passerbys involved somehow? Although, that could be freaky to the woman he is asking... That's all I can think of! Good luck to your friend!

~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~
Soon to be Mrs. Scherrer
www.MattandMeghann.com

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: MsMeghann

There's always the overtly elaborate Sign-behind-a-prop-plan that flies over head at the PERFECT moment that says "MARY WILL YOU MARRY JED???" hehehe

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

If they are going to a park, this idea might not work, but, if they are taking pictures in town by some really cool buildings, maybe he could put a sign in a window or a store front. When he and the photographer lead her over there, she would notice the sign.

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

Srramlal Posts : 15 Registered: 1/17/09
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: hesmineforever

A friend of a friend I know was proposed to like this...

They went hiking together and when they got to a beautiful somewhat sheltered spot on the hike, he had already set up roses and wine glasses and a picnic and candles and proposed to her like that.

Bridehelper31527 Posts : 5 Registered: 4/18/09
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Nothing like a beach background, gazing into each others eyes. aweeeee so sweet

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine