Bridesmaids Luncheon

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

annakbella Posts : 13 Registered: 1/14/07
Bridesmaids Luncheon
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 12:55 PM

Hello ladies, getting married a month from yesterday (eek!) and just sent out the evites for a casual, bridesmaids bruncheon at my house. I was wondering if anyone else is throwing one soon so we can just commiserate (I feel like I've done all of my BMs work plus my own on just about everything) and also maybe to get some tips?

My girls don't all know each other that well and I was wondering if anyone had any fun games for 6 people to play that would help break the ice and get everyone acquainted without feeling like we're at sleepaway camp. Also, any tips on brunch finger foods? Any suggestions or just comments on your own BM luncheon would be great! Yay for May!!

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Re: Bridesmaids Luncheon
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: annakbella

You could do a Belgian waffle bar.. just get a waffle maker and whip up some batter. Then put out fresh fruit, whip cream, real maple syrup, peanut butter.. whatever is good on waffles! Fresh waffles are always my favorite part of brunch.

As for games.. depends on how outgoing they are. If they are shy, they may not want to play any games. But this is an ice breaker I did at work recently that was fun.. just get everyone to submit to you a "fun fact" in advance about themselves that they wouldn't mind sharing. Then put them all on a piece of paper and have them guess who matches to each fact. It can get funny conversation going, but works better with more people. Might not be good if your bridal party is 3 pp or less.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Thanks Steff - that is a perfect idea, especially since we have a waffle maker already (trying to keep the cost as low as possible). I did think of that sort of idea for a game, but a couple some of the girls are still in their mid-twenties partying stages and I'm really hoping to do something that everyone will find fun and keep everyone laughing and talking. I'll probably just end up making jello shots!

22 days until your wedding - so exciting!! Are you feeling ready?

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: annakbella

Jello shots are definitely fun! I always like mimosa too, or you could do a nice "breakfast" martini.. something with OJ maybe? I don't know if this is lame.. but our friends always have fun playing Cranium Pop 5 when we are drinking..

Yes 22 days, I can't believe it! When in May is your wedding?

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

I think that sounds like a great idea! I would defantly do Mimosas and waffles!!! And for a game how about a board/trivia game? All of the Cranium games are fun, and my friends and I have a game called Buzz Word, that is a blast, and gets better with more drinks.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Such great ideas, I'm actually getting excited now! Thanks so much and if anyone thinks of anything else I will definitely appreciate anything (I'm sure everyone can empathize with having a planning-fried brain at this point). I'm glad that you mentioned the Cranium games b/c I had originally thought of Taboo but then thought it might not go over well, but I think I'll have it on hand for sure!

My wedding is May 16th, so yesterday when I realized it was the one month point I definitely starting feeling the heat. Especially since all of my BMs are, let's just say, a little less organized and anal than I am so I'm pretty much being a psycho micro-manager. But at least I'm owning it!!

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: annakbella

Ok, so I've got a full menu ready and I've gotten a ton of "would you rather" questions and just happened to see that games were on sale @ Target today so I got Apples to Apples. I'm praying that everything works out but the two BMs who I was forced to ask to be BMs by my FMIL are being so lame about coming. It's like hello, this is for YOU!

The two are related to my FH so I have to be nice but one of them was SO hungover at my shower that she was almost still drunk and she had the audacity to sit there right in front of me and tell the other girls and her mother "NO" and complain when people asked her to do things! I'm SO fed up, I absolutely have to vent! Then there is my MOH who, after the shower just completely checked out and now I'm finding out all of this shady stuff she's been doing to my other BMs. Anyone else having issues? I feel like everyone else is just all sweet and pleasant with their girls and I want to strangle mine, but I like throwing parties so I'm doing this stupid luncheon!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: annakbella

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine