tipping

Online Users: 1,285 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

CharlotteAndRyan Posts : 2 Registered: 12/19/08
tipping
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 10:04 AM

Who all gets a tip for the wedding & reception? The pastor? The DJ? The caterer? How do you define who gets a tip & how much do they get?

"At Last... My love has come along..." Laughing

Edited by: CharlotteAndRyan on Apr 9, 2009 12:11 AM

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Re: tipping
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: CharlotteAndRyan

This is a pretty common question around here. You're going to get a lot of different opinions. I actually asked this question too! What I've decided to do is tip anyone who doesn't own their own company. So for example, the photographer, cake person, videographer, and florist do not get a tip because they own the company and recieve all the money I paid them for their services in the first place. Vendors such as the hair dresser, the limo driver, the bartender, and the DJ, I will be tipping because they work for a company and thus do not recieve 100% of what I've paid for the service. What I've learned is that people who work for a company usually rely on tips to make a steady income. HOWEVER, tipping is an optional service that I only give to those who go above & beyond expectations. So if one of the vendors I would normally tip does not provide excellent service, I will not be tipping them. As for how much to tip...that all depends on what you think they deserve. I have chosen to tip 10-15% depending on how much I think the person "deserves."

The officiant can fall under either category. Does he/she run their own business or are they employed through a company? Our officiant is our church pastor & family friend. He is doing our ceremony for free and we will be tipping him generously because of our relationship with him. He will be getting a $50 tip that he probably won't take...but we're still offering!

Hope that helped.

ps: don't feel pressured to tip anyone!!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

CharlotteAndRyan Posts : 2 Registered: 12/19/08
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Thank you so much!! Your answer helped out a lot!! I reall y appreciate it.. thanks again!!
"At Last... My love has come along..."  Laughing

somedaysoon Posts : 32 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: May 18, 2009 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: CharlotteAndRyan

i'm not sure if you still need the help, but... i think if your officiant is your pastor, generally a donation to the church would be appreciated in lieu of a tip. something about tipping a pastor seems off. but i could be wrong...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine