Off with a Hitch--Share your Unplanned Wedding Day Memories

Online Users: 1,341 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 9

TRACYJOHNSONBRA... Posts : 42 Registered: 2/8/09
Off with a Hitch--Share your Unplanned Wedding Day Memories
Posted: Apr 4, 2009 8:42 AM

I was thinking of my wedding almost two weeks ago and my sister's wedding last year and thought I would pose this question. What events happened to make your wedding memorable? The best man did not show up until the time our wedding was to start. We were working on a plan B when he finally did. FOr my sister's wedding my grandma who was suppose to play the prelude went into the hospital two days before the wedding leaving my family with the task of filling in certain things. The madi of honor left the grooms's ring on the piano after she played/sang her solo and had to go back for it.

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Re: Off with a Hitch--Share your Unplanned Wedding Day Memories
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: TRACYJOHNSONBRA...

I had a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic. We got there on a Friday evening, and the wedding was supposed to be on Sunday.
I wasn't supposed to get my period for two weeks, but low and behold, it showed up two weeks early, and I got it the day we arrived in the Dominican. I also started feeling sick on the plane ride, and by the time we arrived, I had a fever of 104. By the next day, I was so sick with bronchitis that I had to see the Doctor at the resort. My bronchitis was so severe that my throat was closing up, and they needed to give me a breathing mask and two steroid shots just to open up my airway. I also got an I.V. and was put on strict bedrest for two days. My wedding had to be postponed until Monday. All my guests were enjoying the beautiful resort, while I was couped up in my hotel room.
I didn't fully recover until two days before we left the resort. I barely ate anything the whole week, and I never had a single alcoholic beverage. So much for all-inclusive.
My husband and I are going to try to make up for it by going on a vacation for our anniversary next year. We can't go this year, since I'm due to give birth in 9 days!

preview image

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: TRACYJOHNSONBRA...

On our wedding day, my husband and his BM forgot MY wedding band. So the whole female side of the family were busy trying to see if any of their bands fit me. NONE did. So we just used my e-ring.

His mom showed up AFTER the ceremony was over. (She's always late)

The BM stayed the night with us the first night...too bad for him we didn't do anything we wouldn't have done if he weren't there.

The groomscake melted before we got a chance to eat it. (It was an ice cream cake).

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 1:18 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

The week before we had a snow storm and got about 2 feet. The reception hall is off a hwy and the plow pushed all the snow into the entrance of the hall. My dad ended up renting a tractor and plowing the parking lot the morning of.

My Dh and mom "rocked the reception" by doing the Cupid Shuffle. It was hilarious because Dh cant dance and my mom is crowd shy.

My brother made both of us cry during his BM speech...

Our wedding actually started on time!! I was shocked!

Married Since December 27, 2008!

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

Haha!!

So many things happened...

A week before the wedding, we found out that the route we had directed everyone to use to get from the ceremony to the reception was being closed for construction the night before the wedding! So DH was supposed to make new directions...that didn't happen until the morning of the wedding!

My MOH and one of my BMs literally LOST me! They dropped me off to get my nails done and went back to the apartment to get our stuff and got lost on the way back. And I'm not kidding--the nail salon was in a strip mall TWO stop lights away from the entrance to our complex.

I got to eat DH's amazing biscuits and gravy on the way to the church. :)

We realized once we were 25 miles away from the apartment and it was time to take pictures that they left my crinoline at the apartment! So all the pre-wedding pictures of me are without crinoline! My friend had to run to the apartment and get it for me! Oh, and the bridal shop was literally right up the street, but NO ONE thought to go get a crinoline from them!

DH and I weren't able to make our escape right after the ceremony b/c his truck was locked. I was not happy!

My little brother (the ring bearer) almost ended up shirtless at the reception, but my mom caught him before he could do it!

lol. Thats all I can think of for the moment!

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 8:30 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Note to self: Pack Crinoline, rings, make huge list of everything that needs to be done. Pack paper bag so I don't hyperventilate!

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

DPN - We HAD everything there. Richard and his BM just forgot it at the condo we were staying at for our honeymoon. If I could do it again, I'd just wear the damn thing and take it off right before lol. You'll be fine even if you forget everything b/c nothing will change that you'll be married.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

thanks pinky! I think the only thing I would be mad about forgetting...is the steps to our first dance LOL

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: TRACYJOHNSONBRA...

The day went by with little smaffos! First, I forgot to pay the limo driver the remaining balance, but he was so sweet about it! Then, when we got to the reception and some of the CD cases were missing CDs! I was pissed about that, but I got over it. Nothing ajor went wrong Thank GOD!!!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: TRACYJOHNSONBRA...

Where do I start:
Wedding was on a Saturday. The week before we had a freak snow/sleet/freezing rain storm, well, the sump pump decided the burst 3 days before the wedding, so the day before the wedding we had to have a new sump punp installed. No biggie.
*I ended up getting my period the day of the wedding, not fun
*MOH gowns alterations were all messed up, so she went to get some quick alterations done about 4 hours before we had to be at my parents for pictures. The alteration place was able to get her gown fixed--somewhat.
*I was leaving my house to go to my parents (moh with me) I locked myself out of the house (good thing moh had a spare to the house).
*On the way to the reception in the limo, I realized that I had to money to tip the limo driver so my sister called her husband to meet us outside of reception with some cash for me.
*Since I had no cash/checks with me I totally forgot that I forgot the pay the DJ. I told him that I had no checks, and since he is a friend from high school, he let me mail him a check the next day.
*When I was dancing, I fell, my shoe got caught under the netting of my gown and I fell flat on my butt.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine