lovebytrain Posts : 1 Registered: 4/1/09
Anyone used JPG Photography?
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:30 PM

Hi! I live in Maryland but I'd like to book JPG Photography, who would
be coming from Philadelphia. I just wanted to see if anyone had
experience with this company to make sure I'm making a good choice,
especially since he requires a 50% deposit on signing and the other
half two weeks BEFORE the wedding. Is this normal procedure, to pay it
all before the wedding?? Anyone using this company or have heard of somebody who did would be very welcome. Here is their website: www.jpgphotography.com

Thanks!

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Re: Anyone used JPG Photography?
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: lovebytrain

Hello,

With your wedding being off-season in Maryland, I'm not sure why you feel the need to import a photographer from Philadelphia. I'm sure you can find somebody local who does not have to travel. I did take a quick look at the website you referenced. I did notice there were three photographers listed. Do you get all three or just one? If so which one? Your photographer selection has a big impact on your final decision.

Next, you asked about payment. You, just like all brides, should understand there is a difference between a deposit and a retainer. The biggest issue is who gets the money if you should cancel? This needs to be clearly spelled out in any agreement/contract you sign. The amount for the initial payment varies by photography studio. Some require as little as $50 while others require thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, there are more and more instances of clients who do fail to pay after the wedding. No matter what it has become fairly standard for most photographers to require full payment prior to the wedding. You should make sure your photographer accepts credit cards so you are protected in case there are any problems. Please let me know how I might further assist you.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

CandJ081509 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/9/09
Re: Anyone used JPG Photography?
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: lovebytrain

Yes! We're getting married in August of this year and can't wait for Joe and his wife Rebecca to shoot our wedding. Two other couples I know have used JPG and they cannot say enough good things about their creativity and skill, attention to detail, and warm personality.

We were also a little taken aback by the large deposit, but we felt that it was worth it in order to secure our date. We have our engagement session in May-- can't wait!

Good luck with your wedding and I hope you decide to book JPG!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine