Keep Each Other Motivated

Online Users: 1,251 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 108

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Re: Keep Each Other Motivated
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Hi!

In regards to my wedding plans, they are actually somewhat on hold. I was planning my wedding with my FH but now I feel as though with the economy, a lot of life upsetting events in the past few months on both our sides and with our young age (we are just 20) it is best to put off the plans and maybe resume it again in a year or so. Thank goodness, FH agreed, we have decided that we are with the right people, it is just not the right time.

However, when I was planning things, I became addicted to this community and I can't exactly leave! I still use the site for inspiration and to offer advice.

I never really paid attention to this part of the site, the Diet and Fitness but then I started entering it more as I became 'slightly' less interested in wedding details and have become more focused on my health.

For my plan: I live in a University dorm during the year, so my options are pretty limited. I usually eat scrambled eggs and a slice of whole grain toast for breakfast, some fruit and a peanut butter sandwich then fish and veggies for dinner. Sometimes they offer fresh made smoothies for breakfast and I always take that opportunity. I had one today! Also sometimes I eat some stirfry on rice which they offer a couple of times a week. I usually have carrots, onions, red peppers and tofu in it with some stirfry sauce (I'm sure it's probably not good for me but it's so delicious, I don't even know exactly what it is) I also have tried to cut out soda, even though I will drink Diet coke with my rum! I have also cut out most sugary juices and subsituted it for vitamin water. Do you guys ever drink that stuff? It just came out about a year ago and I am addicted!

For exercise, about 3x a week I just hop on an eliptical for about half an hour. Once it starts getting nice out I will hit the road and start running again, probably around 5x a week. My Dad keeps telling me I'm not exercising enough but when I am so out of shape it's hard to exercise so often!

To be honest, I have never heard of rice and gravy in my life! However, I am sure it is delicious! Gravy with anything is delicious...I am also definitely a sucker for potatoes and gravy but have decied that gravy will be a "holiday" thing. Like easter, thanksgiving and christmas I will eat gravy with my potatoes and yorkshire pudding.

Aunt Flo is definitely not a good time when you are trying to lose weight! I hate it when I am craving something so badly and trying to resist...sometimes the bad stuff just seems so attainable! I pretty much always end up giving in and then hating it afterwards!

I will try to read up on everybody and see all of your plans, but if everybody would do a quick summary for me that would be awesome!

Edited by: BrighterThanSunshine on Apr 1, 2009 12:08 PM

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

I also want to welcome BrighterThanSunshine!!! You don't need an excuse like a wedding to start getting in shape. Your plan and exersize sound great! Just keep it up. Like I said in another post, the first few weeks are always the hardest, but if you push through it gets a lot easier :)

Gravy.....MMMmmmm.....its been since like Christmas since I've had gravy, and thats what got me in trouble and made me get to this thread pronto LOL The Holidays are my worst! But lets not talk about that....

Since you asked....For our Honeymoon, we are spending about a week in Maui, a week in Bora Bora, and a few days in Oahu. I'm just really excited because I was able to convince FH that this is our one and only Honeymoon, and its the best excuse to splurge our hearts out. We never splurge on anything so this is a nice change :)
Do you see my motivation to keep losing weight and toning up? Ohhh December is sooo far away!

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Oh my goodness your honeymoon sounds absolutely amazing!!!

So I have a confession.

haha and so soon too!

well my FH just sent me a care package (we're long distance) and inside there was a value package of mini eggs...I love mini eggs...So needless to say I probably just ate about 2 cups worth...

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Thank you Brighter!!
What are the mini eggs? Are they chocolate with a candy outer shell? I looove those, so I don't blame you for eating 2 cups LOL! Try to drink some water to flush it out and help you digest. I had some cheesy french fries for lunch so we all mess up here and there. When I splurge, I try to exercize or move around more then usual because of the extra calories.

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

ugh but i ate so many mini eggs that i now feel like a mini egg!

and yes, they are those delicious chocolate eggs with the candy coating...ugh...i still have the rest in my freezer right beside me

FutureMrsBilos Posts : 10 Registered: 3/10/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Welcome to the thread BrighterThanSunshine. It sounds like you know your body well, and have a good plan of attack! Just getting up and actually doing it and making smart choices is the harder part =) I normally start trying to get in shape and lose motivation to keep going pretty quickly, but this time I've kept it up past the point of when I would normally quit. I'd have to give the credit for that to this thread - it definitely helps me, so I think you've come to the right place.

SweetSunset your honeymoon sounds ideal to me! You are right; it is your excuse to celebrate each other so why not go all out. I can't wait until mine gets closer so that it feels more real!

That Easter aisle is hard to avoid, and I love doing the holidays! I have nobody to make Easter baskets for anymore so I always make a huge one for myself and my fiancé. Thank goodness he usually eats the bulk of it. I already made mine at the beginning of March though, so it is already gone. Although I am still making my way through my cookie cake, at least it motivates me to workout that much harder! I had a good one today and I feel great after it.

I am so ready for the snow to stop coming down. Any time I get up the gumption to go for a run, there is a foot of it on the ground and all motivation goes out the window. I can barely walk on snow let alone run, I'm sure I'd break my neck! My workout plans consist of yoga with my fiancé in the evening, belly dancing on fittv just about every time it is on, and light weights for my arms. I was jogging on my treadmill until it decided not to work. As for food, I have been avoiding junk food, but no strict diet plans... not yet anyways.

BridalBlogger Posts : 6 Registered: 3/17/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBilos

Hello Everyone! It has been a while since I wrote so I wanted to check in with everyone. I started training for the half marathon a week ago. I ran 2 miles every other day for the first week and I have been running 3 miles every other day this week. Next week I have to bump it up to 3.5 miles so hopefully I will be ready. I decided that on the days I don't run I am going to do the Shred video. I did it for the first time last week and it kicked my butt! I did it again this morning and it is pretty hard. Has anybody on this board ever done the Shred video before?

I hope everyone is doing well and staying on track!

Bridal Blogger

Advice for brides from a bride!

Bridal Talk

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: BridalBlogger

Bilos* I totally agree with you on two things. Firstly, getting the initial motivation is the hardest part. Secondly, this snow needs to go away! I miss my feet pounding on the pavement! Why am I Canadian?

Blogger* I don't have experience with that Shred video but I do have experience with the kind of training that you are going through. I am running one in October! Or November. October 31st/November 1st! I'm really excited about it! Right now I am just getting myself into better shape. When I get into better shape I will be more motivated to get out there and running longer distances. The longest I have ever run is 15 K and the longest I have run in the past few weeks is like 8 K haha...and that took me like an hour...embarassing!

MrsPJM3 Posts : 129 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Sunset~ the honeymoon sounds awesome. We are watching the price of ours right now and so far every week it has gone down. Not sure when we will book I am thinking by the middle of the month. But it's gone down enough so far that we can go an extra day with the money we've saved yea!!! We are going to an all inclusive resort in Cozumel for 5-7 days.

Bilos~ Bellydancing that sounds like so much fun. Way to go! I can't do anything at home I'm just not motivated to much laundry and mom stuff to do.

Brighter~ It sounds like you are making the right decision on your wedding. And there is no time like now to begin working on becoming healthier for any reason but the main reason is to feel and look good all the time not just wedding day.

Blog~ How do you people run like that??? Wow! I can't run/jog to save my life I swear I'd pee all over myself thanks to having babies :) I can walk at a fast past 3.5 ;to 4 mph on the treadmill but thats it. I walk every year in our Race for the Cure 5K and our Relay for Life but run no count me out on that one. Someone on here was talking of doing the shred I can't remember who now maybe Jess I think it was mentioned on page 2 or 3. Good luck!!

Mini eggs are awesome I haven't bought any easter candy yet but I will I have to do baskets for both my boys and my fh. My kids will get regular stuff lots of candy and little things fh and I will get a movie passes and 1 chocolate bunny is what I'm thinking. Neither of us need the candy and I would end up eating both of ours.
So yesterday was so hard!!!!! I ended up eating lunch in the cafeteria way to much fat but they had cinnamon rolls my fav. I also had some chocolate and I tired to convince myself that since I only had 2 and they were the mini bars and dark chocolate it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I did have training session last night legs and abs and she kicked my butt. We upped all of my weights and reps and I can feel it today. I also called my mom when I got home last night and talked to her for and hour while I walked around the house. My dining room, living room, kitchen and den all connect in a big circle so I walked lots of circles. I figure I was moving it was helping!! I also had lots of water so maybe as Sunset said it helped flush out all the crap I ate yesterday.
Today much better so far!! I was planning on taking fh for a walk around the block tonight but we are having severe thunderstorms. I don't know what it's like to have all that snow but I do know it seems to rain non stop in my neck of the woods.
Make it a great one Ladies
wedding web site

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Goodmorning Ladies!!!
How is everyone doing? I am doing great I'm watching what goes in my mouth keeping my water up and working out. The weight isn't coming off but my shape is firming up and that's my main goal! However my blood pressure is still way out control. They began me on medication on Friday and it makes me feel funny I go back this afternoon to recheck it. And when I say high I mean it was 168/108 for an average 33 year old who doesn't smoke or drink that's high. It's high period by my dr seems to think the exercise and water and watching salt and things keep it from being higher than it is.
So for now I'll keep everything up and see where it goes! Make it a great one ladies and don't forget to check in!!
wedding web site

Jessica696 Posts : 38 Registered: 6/4/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Hey Ladies!

I am so sorry that I haven't posted in awhile! I have been without a computer for the past 2 weeks! My Fiance has been gone to training for the past two weeks and i have been eating a lot lately!!! Today I went grocery shopping and for this week i bought lean cuisine meals, salad, and yogurt. I know there isn't much of a variety, but I have to start being strict on myself. I plan to walk at least a mile tonight, so we will see!

Good luck girls!
Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

Good Morning Ladies!

I haven't posted in a while. Last week was super long we had state testing at school and I had an aunt pass away and we had a teacher pass away. So not a fun week. I did manage to work out twice last week but I haven't gotten in as much water as I would like a day. This week I am hoping that changes. I went to the gym last night. Worked legs and rear and I'm feeling it today. But good news the scale went down again. I am beginning to notice a difference myself and we all know we are much more critical of ourselves than others are. Fh booked our honeymoon last week 5 nights in Cozumel. So I'm glad I'm working out I defiantly want to be that bikini. My blood pressure is some better the medication seems to be working I just hate that I'm on medication.

Ok so how is everyone doing? Some of us are getting really close to wedding day I know mine is like 87 days away. I know I've been out a few days but come on ladies let us know how your doing.

Good Luck!! Keep working hard.
Lesley
wedding web site

FutureMrsBilos Posts : 10 Registered: 3/10/09
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Hey everybody!

Brides.com wouldn't let me access forums for the past week... so I haven't been able to post. Anybody else have that problem? Maybe my computer just decided to be annoying about it... oh well.

I've been doing great this week. I normally drink a lot of water, but I've made an effort to drink even more a day, and not have soda. I've been eating better as well, stopped myself from buying bad for you things at the grocery... except I picked up a bag of jelly beans and a mini baby ruth package for Easter... couldn't resist =) I got to the end of my yoga "training" cycle, and am now on the three routines you rotate through. I've kept up with the belly dancing as well. I also decided to check out that 30 Day Shred video, and I am on day three. It completely owned me on the first day, but it is getting a bit easier to do each time!

I'm sorry to hear about your rough week MrsPJM. Great job not shutting down though, even if it wasn't your most productive week you still got in those few workouts. Fantastic news about seeing some changes in yourself! Your hard work is paying off. I'm not sure I see any differences in myself yet, but I definitely feel like I have more energy.

How did your lean cuisine and yogurt go last week Jessica? I had to start being a bit more strict on myself about food as well; I kept giving myself the excuse "well I worked out so I can eat whatever I want".

How is everybody else doing? Hopefully having good weeks! We can do this.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBilos

Hello Ladies! How is everyone doing? Ms. Bilos how is the shred video going? Brighter are you getting in some exercise? Jessica are back in gear? And everyone else where are you and how are you?????

I am great! I just signed up for my second round of sessions with my trainer who has upped my workouts and once again they are kicking my rear end. My blood pressure is leveling out unless I have a conversation with my ex. It's amazing how high it was after I had gotten off the phone with him. So far I have kept up my water and watching what I eat. I have 80 days till Do day!!! I can't wait.

Come on ladies check in we can't keep each other motivated if we aren't here.
wedding web site

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Sorry ladies it's been a while since I checked in. I had been doing really great with workouts, water and weight. But then my blood pressure shot back up I ended up in the er yesterday and I have to go back today. I have headaches alot almost daily so now they are thinking the headache could be causing the bp and not the other way around so I am going to my doc today to get a referral to a neuralogist (sp). So I'm not sure how this will effect my workouts. I was to be measured again tonight but I doubt I"ll get to the gym. I am very excited about the results I see I'm curious to see how much there really is so I really want to go get measured.
So where is everyone and how are you???
wedding web site

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine