A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

sorry Autumn missed your post!

Going in the morning isn't just good for convenience but it also starts your day with a great metabolism boost. When you see results will depend on what kind of exercises you are doing.
I think next September I am going to start doing Yoga, I hear it's so great and I have never done it properly but I don't really have time to do it before the end of school and I work at a resort all summer and am cut off from society, so no Yoga there! I hear it's great for toning and flexibility.

What kind of exercises are you planning on doing?

I definitely need to hit the track and the water a bit more. I have just been losing weight through food consumption because I have been too mentally exhausted to work out. But I used to be a workout junkie!!! I was a rower so I used to work out like 2x a day with the team and then do my own personal work out everyday.

I'm 5ft6 and feel my best at about 130...but I got to be weighing in at around 155 and was NOT impressed. I'm at 150 now and slowly and healthily trekking my way back to that 130.

MrsChambers Posts : 14 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Autumn- Good luck at the gym! If you need any type of motivaton the gym is where u find it. lol. Last summer when I was going to the 24hour gym I lost 25 pounds in a month. I was feeling so motivated w/ everyone focused on the same goal. I also stopped eating beef and pork. I changed my milk for whole milk to 2 percent milk. So if you are a determined person I think it should take a month or two. On the other hand eveyone is different and with different bodies. What might have worked for me may not work for u.
And we've been seeing each other for a year and 3 months. He had his own apartment and I had mine. We would go back and forth to both apartments. I would stay with him for 2 to 3 months and he would stay w/ me for 2 to 3 months. That was until someone broke into my apartment. After that he stayed over for 6 months. When he proposed we decieded it would be best for him to move in. That's why I don't know why we are just now arguing over the little things.

Brighter- I fell in love with knee length dresses but I'm not against a long wedding dress. It will be 5 bridesmaids and 5 groomsmens. The girls are 3 of my sisters and 2 of his sisters. And the boys are 4 of his brothers and my brother. We have a big family. We plan on having the wedding outside the mansion but the mansion will be open all. Although the colors are pink I do not want the guys weaing pink ties. I'd rather put them is silver ties. Since the wedding is in May we will have a tent set up.

Edited by: MrsChambers on Mar 25, 2009 7:54 PM

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: MrsChambers

Zee* Pink and silver would be really nice colours together! I think it's nice to have more than one colour in your scheme. Also I can't believe you used to drink whole milk! Ever since I was six I have drank skim milk. I still like drinking 1% milk but it isn't preferable. 2%...man it tastes so thick to me!

So I know that with my engagement seriously postponed I really shouldn't be thinking about wedding details, but once you get started how can you stop?

So I know that before I mentionned purple and blue and silver and fairylights and I wanted this gorgeous dinner on steel plates and I just wanted to be like an enchanted fairytale.

Well, in the past few weeks my values have really changed. I have become obsessed with my anthropology class and have gotten into different cultures. I have always been interested in helping third world countries but this class has just made it so much more extreme. It brought me back to my old, laidback, bohemian self that being a University student surrounded my rich kids took me away from. Also, with Greg being in such a traditional family I always pictured a big, fancy wedding with him.

But now I picture something so much more simple. A nice ceremony by the lake in a light summery white dress, flowers in my hair, nice and simple meal, outside or maybe in a rustic resort on the lake. I keep seeing yellow tulips and my bridesmaids in blue. It's so much more...me...

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Brighter: That sounds like a beautiful wedding! Very laid back and natural...which I think is what you're going for.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 3:06 AM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Hi everyone,

I've just started following the thread a few days ago and I think the little community you guys have created is awesome. I wasn't sure if I qualified as a "young bride" though, since I'm 22 (and age is always relative) and not engaged yet. However, did I read it right that at least Brighter and AutumnialisBride are also not engaged? I thought I might be the only Brides.com regular always hanging around, checking all the boards and occasionally offering an opinion or advice without officially planning (or looking back on) her own wedding, lol.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 8:24 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

hi Rose!

22 is still young in my books and we do always say that age is just a number when we try to defend being so young right?

I was very close to being engaged, had many talks with Greg, and of course got really excited and headed onto brides.com to stumble across the community boards.
Anyways, recently I got to thinking about the things that I want to do in my life, and a marraige fits into it just fine, however a wedding and planning a wedding does not. I'm still in school, want to get my masters and I will be doing a lot of working, interning and volunteering in the next couple of years. I talked to Greg about it and he was a little freaked out at first but I think now agrees that we although our relationship is not "too young" and we ourselves are not "too young", that a wedding would interfere with a lot of important things like our education right now. I know that I will still marry him, just not right now.

However, once you get on these boards, oh man! you become an addict! So despite not "waiting for the ring" I am still active on the boards!
I think there is no problem with the three of us "Autumn,you and myself" to be on these boards since we can still offer advice and we can also have questions ourselves that we may need help with.

Aren't you also in a long distance relationship? I am trying to recall from other boards...So am I! So there is another thing we have in common!

Anyways, I'm glad you like our own little community in here! I hope you stop in more often!

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Rose- Dont feel like you cant join in. I am 21 and I will be 22 in October. There are a few non-official brides. And then some like me, who arent engaged anymore. I still stick around because I am close to these girls now and I dont want to leave! We would love to have you.

Nat (21) 

What is meant to be, will be.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Good Morning girls!!! Welcome Rose!!
Wow we are having a blizard today!!! Its been snowing like crazy for about 3 hours and isn't supposed to let up untill tomarrow night!! I wish I could be home with FH snuggled up in front of the fire watching movies and eating popcorn and sipping hot chocolate :( But I am stuck at work......Allwell.....We will be home snuggling tonight, and we may have a snow day tomarrow!!

Brighter~ I love the sound of what your thinking! So romantic!!

thecarrotflower Posts : 34 Registered: 9/8/07
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Hello everyone! For some reason they wont let me add my photos, I have no idea why. I will try again later. I think I got it, the last computer I was using the internet wasn't updates so it should work this time.

engagment ring

and this is the band I have been thinking about. I tried one on like this and it looked really good with the band it was just that the one I tried on was way over our price range.

Brighter- I think what you are thinking about wedding wise now is much more easy and less stressful. To tell you the truth it sounds a lot like what I am going for. Very natural and laid-back. If that is more you than I say go for it a wedding is always more about the girl and I am sure Greg wouldn't mind the change of mind at all.

Rose- It is always nice to have someone knew join the thread. I don't think you are to old at all. I just turned 20 and my older sister is 22 and to me it still seems young. Actually she has always joked about how I am the older out of the two of us. And about not being engaged, I wasn't engaged when I first started being a devoted fan of brides.com. Lots of girls on this thread aren't engaged yet.

Now, about the whole weight thing. I completely understand. All my life I have sat around 120-125 lbs. I am not that anymore...I am not about 135lbs. I just want to lose about 10 pounds and feel like me again, be at a weight where I feel better about myself. I have started walking again and it has really helped. I have been like, "Am I in a rush?" and if the answer is no I decide to walk. I can understand that being a problem in a big city but in my town it isn't to huge of a hassle plus, I am a really fast walker. I just take my tunes my purse and walk to the grocery store or to the mall, or wherever it may be. The one huge thing that has made losing weight easier is finding a way to excersize that I enjoy.

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: thecarrotflower

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

You guys are even more welcoming than I expected! Thanks. :)

Yup, I'm in a long distance relationship too, Brighter. We met and started dating in June 2006, so I thought it'd just be a summer fling while I was home from college. However, August came and things were great so we decided to try long distance (my university is 200 miles from my hometown, where he attends school), agreeing to break up as soon as it became unenjoyable or too much work, which never happened. There have been some tough times, but we've learned to deal with the distance and you could argue that it's made us stronger. We see each other about every other weekend and spend winter and spring break together, and the first 5-6 weeks of both summers so far (he spends the rest teaching in Japan), although we might get the whole summer this year, even living together!

The first mention of marriage came from him just shy of a year together, and the first suggestion of engagement at two years, last June. I was excited and knew that I wanted to marry him, but I also felt for a number of reasons that we weren't ready then, and he agreed. But he had planted the seed and I started researching engagement rings online, lol. That's how I found Brides.com and have been learning and absorbing all the info ever since.

I graduate in Dec. and him in May 2010, both with minors in teaching English as a foreign/second language so our plan is to teach abroad together for several years, as well as serve in the Peace Corps. Prior to leaving though, we'd like to be married, so that puts us at a summer (June?) 2010 wedding, and an engagement likely this summer.

Well there's a bit about me! Figured you might as well have some background as I join your conversations. ;)

Oh and Carrot, I like your ring! Most of the rings in the jewelery stores or posted on these forums don't appeal to me, but yours is unique and very pretty.

As for working out, I started this semester off great but have fallen off the bandwagon! I have to agree with Autumnialis though, walking everyone is turning out to be my saving grace, lol. I think I'll go to the gym tomorrow though, being a Friday I feel like it's not "wasting time" from studying.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Okay...I took notes so I could reply to everything, I hope I got it all!

carrotflower: that band looks like it would go really nicely with your e-ring. Your ring is so unique and beautiful! I love it.

Autumn: Yay! You're student teaching is almost over! I bet that is a big exciting relief! When are you guys going to visit FL?

Rose: Welcome to the boards! My name is Mari. I'm 19 and FH is 18, he's 10 monts younger. I'm a summer 2010 bride too! May 30, 2010 to be exact. FH & I were long distance for the first year of our relationship. I met him at a debate trip where both our schools were competing. I was playing this game with all my guy friends seeing who could get the most numbers. So that's how FH and I met! Neither one of us thought it would go anywhere. But it did. We lived 200 miles away from each other and saw each other about once a month. Now here we are! I do agree that long distance relationships make a couple strong.

Nessa: Ick! Snow!! We're supposed to get some this weekend. So not looking forward to that. Hope you get a snow day tomorrow so you can cuddle with your man.

Today I went to Michael's and bought 4 black photo albums for $7 each! I am making all the parent albums instead of paying the photographer to do it. So these really nice cloth albums were on clearance and I had to snatch them up.

I am falling more in love with the $1,000 dress all the time. Tomorrow I'm going to call some other stores. I really want that dress...its THE dress. My mom doesnt like, did I tell you guys that? I was so irritated at her for not liking it.

I need to pick your brains a little bit too ladies. My coordinator suggested that the BMs hold something fairy tale related at the cermeony. We are trying to think of ways to cut the flower cost back and she suggested having the BMs hold some type of object and then just a few flowers on the object. But I can't think of anything...any ideas?

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

So both FH and I got off early today. I took him and a co-worker an hour and 15 minuets to get home.....On bad days from his work it will maybe take a half hour. It took me almost an hour to get home, and I work 15 minuets away!! It was crazy white out conditions. The radar looks like it should have stopped by now, but its still comming down really hard....Heres to hoping for a snow day!!!

Carrot~ I love that ring!! It is soooo Unique!! I love the band you picked out also, but can see where it would cost to much. What about looking for something that looks like that, but with filigret instead of diamonds....Like just cut in designs...You can get them really pretty, and if done right they can be bright and shiney almost like a diamond....Just and Idea.

KJ~ What about having them hold wands? I kinda see like a star or heart with ribbions, and maybe some feathers or something? Just an idea

Ok after I posted that I went searching, thought this was kind of a cool idea for wands....

Edited by: NessaRae615 on Mar 26, 2009 10:42 PM

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Nessa: I can't believe its so bad there...geeze! That is a really cool picture. Where did you find it at? I had thought about wands but all the google searches I did came up with things that looked childish. Did you just do a google search? What did you type in?

My mom doesn't like my dress becuase she says its too busy and will distract people from looking at me instead of the dress. She also thinks the price is nuts.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine