NWR: Kittens AGAIN!!!! Update Two down Two to go!

Online Users: 1,281 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 58

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: NWR: Kittens AGAIN!!!! Update Disappointing News
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

OK OK OK I know I'm a slacker. I need to post pics. But my kittens are one less now as Paint has made her way to a good home! And it's a good friend of mine who took her so I get to visit her!

She now has a house to play in and tons of people to love up on and since she's a friendly kitten - she is LOVING it.

I'm trying to get in contact with someone regarding the boy cat.... And we moved my GF in this weekend who is going to take Tigger and maybe Playful....

sigh I'm going to miss them!!!!! But they deserve good homes and lots of attention and I haven't been able to hold up my end on the attention part....

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I'm personally fretting over a kitten at pet smart (which i cannot adopt -- I do not have the means or the space to support three cats).... her name is Victoria and she has an upper respiratory infection. Poor little thing has a fever (you can tell by looking at her she feels miserable) and her plexiglass is covered with kitty sneeze (not sniffy against the glass.... gobs of snot...I know. ew) I just worry because I know that they will put kittens down if they are sick, and I can't go rescue the little gal. I'm advocating her adoption on FaceBook, but I've not heard a peep from someone who went and got her. Sniff

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Usually in our area, the kittens at PetSmart are now from a shelter. As a kitten with an upper respirartory infection - that's SO common. So I'd be really surprised if they put her down. She obviously didn't get vaccinated soon enough with the distemper vaccine (which covers like 5 different things, 2 or 3 of which are upper respiratory infections).

Hopefully, someone will take her home.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Remind your friend that two kittens are better than one! Then they have someone (other than you!) to play with at 2am! I'd take Blue in a second if DH would let me!

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

My kitty Tiger is driving DH and I nuts in the morning - she likes to sleep on our flat headboard, between our pillows and the wall, but she keeps waking us up early! She'll be laying there and start sticking her paws between the pillows to swat at our hands and arms that we have under the pillows - it hurts! The other day she woke me up by clawing me in the side of the nose, lol... and on days I work, I fill her food and water dish right before I leave in the morning - and she hasn't distinguished between weekends yet so if she doesn't have full dishes come 930am she's all over us - pouncing and claws to get up and fill the dishes, lol...

she's between 12 and 13 weeks right now - i need to find a vet out here to get her next booster shot taken care - she had all the first shots, but i guess there's a follow up one that we need to take her in for.

me and my crazy furbaby

Friends since December 1997
Together since December 2006

September 13, 2008
Legally, I became his and he became mine.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

MrsJ - Sounds like a cat! LOL And yes, she needs booster shots. She'll probably need a distemper and then she'll need a rabies vacc when she's about 16 weeks. Depending on how young she was when she got her first distemper, she may need another one of those too!

Good luck!

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

CareBear - Well Blue is off the market. Someone came by today and wants to take him home! I'm really happy that someone wants him BUT I'm REALLY upset that he's probably going to be gone before I get home from work.

Yep sitting here crying, I'm such an idiot. lol

On another note they are also taking our old fridge in the backyard, so that's cool.
2 Down 2 to go.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

our local shelters are not no-kill shelters . The good thing on her is that she's from Elmore County, not Montgomery County -- I don't know anything about Elmore county Humane Society, but the Montgomery County Humane Society does not TREAT kittens....if they are sick, they are put down.

I do like that PetSmart uses shelter pets for the ones that can be adopted in their stores--to me that rocks the socks off the store. They provide floor spaced for those animals in cooperation with the Humane Societies.

Montgomery's Pet Smart has an agreement for animals from Montgomery, Elmore, and Autauga Counties. Prattville just seems to use Elmore and Autauga -- but they are a bit more picky about the cats taht come, because they know what kind of cats get adopted from them. And of course the price for the animal is dependant on which shelter they are from.

FH said Victoria was looking better yesterday, but I'm still worried about her. She was one of the few to look up from her bowl and come over to the window for attention. (YES, I want to go get her, but my kitten resistance is down right now...and it would not be fair to Gus or Sam.)

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat - Gotcha. That's a shame because a couple doses of cheapo amoxicillin and she'd be right as rain.

Crossing my fingers that she finds a good home!

My DH is home and is trying to get pics of Blue for me before they come get him. I do have a good DH. :-)

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Awww-was hoping to see pictures before they're all gone!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Gee I've got about 14 days worth of people amoxicillin... Didn't work for me but hey I'd gladly give it to a kitty! (Not really serious, I don't think--don't know--I'm high on viciodin after not eating since Saturday--gotta love viral gastroenteritis after 3 rounds of heavy antibiotics! also about ready to go back in for another bag of IV fluids....and I HATE needles!)
I'm glad Blue found a home! Maybe they'll be late and you can see him?! (I hope!) If not I hope DH got some good pics of him for you!
BTW--my cat knew I was really sick before I did! I woke up at 12:30 am Sunday, thought it was my acid reflux--took a handful of tums and went back to sleep. When I woke up in severe pain, moaning, at 3:30 Ziggy was next to my pillow patting my shoulder with his paw.... And once I came home from the ER (we thought it was my appendix--they did too until the CT scan came back) he will not go more than 10 ft from me unless my DH is home! He's sleeping on my foot right now!
Anybody else's cats seem human like this too?!?
I told Opal today that "Mommy's going to the vet, it's ok" and she came up and "kissed" (licked) my hand...

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Aww, care-Sorry you're going through that. I hope you feel better very soon.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

awww... that's so cute Care! My kitty is still super hyper, he's about 6 months old now. :) I love when he stretches up my leg so I'll pick him up. hehe He's like a person that way. It's like he say "hug me!" hehe :)

IMG_7875.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

Re: NWR: Kittens AGAIN!!!! Update on Homes
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Well, we still have Bashful and Playful - two of the tortie girls. Tigger (Momma cat) is ensconced in her new home and loving life. Fortunately, my friend is loving her too so all is good.

Bashful (see profile pic) and Playful are in our house and our two other cats seem to have adjusted. Playful was spayed about 3 weeks ago and Bashful is getting spayed today. We lucked onto our SPCA while they were doing FREE spays! Woohoo!!

DH is supposedly still looking for homes for the two kittens (I need to post update pics - they've grown so much). I'm not. I want to keep them. So I told him it's his responsibilty. hahahaha

They are to much fun and love to cuddle. When my niece and nephew were in town (they are 8 and 7) they had TOO much fun playing with the kittens and tried to get their Dad to bring on home. DH also worked on him. teehee My brother was NOT going for it.

So that's my update for now!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine