San Diego Florists (Bride on a MAJOR budget)

Online Users: 1,293 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

tandv Posts : 4 Registered: 2/16/09
San Diego Florists (Bride on a MAJOR budget)
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 10:54 PM

Hello! If any of you could help me out that would mean the world to me. My wedding is scheduled for May of 2010 in Escondido (North San Diego County). I am looking for a florists who works with budgets. My budget is $1000.

The dream: 200 guests (approx 20 tables). For centerpieces I was thinking about a simple square vase with lavender roses and maybe a black ribbon around the vase. For the bridal bouquet a mix of lavendar & white roses/calla lilies. I need 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 bridal toss bouquet, 14 boutonnieres, 5 corsages, ceremony arch (simple rose/calla lilies decor), rose pedals as aisle runner, aisle flowers, reception/sweet heart table centerpiece, pedals for cake table... My favorite flowers are roses, tulips, & calla lilies. The colors for the reception are black, white, lavender, Ceremony colors are white & lavender.

Is this too much to ask for with my limited budget?

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Re: San Diego Florists (Bride on a MAJOR budget)
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: tandv

I'm not a florist but I dont think the $1000 will get you what you want especially in the San Diego area unless you plan to DIY.

You can try looking for florist who maybe do these kind of jobs on the side or out of their homes as that would be cheaper.

We got 1 bridal bouquet, 1 bridesmaid bouquet, 6 corsages, 7 boutineers, and 10 centerpieces along with a bunch of rose petals and that cost me $1600.00

My arrangements were a bit elaborate though.

Just Married...9.20.08

Formerly BenjaminsBride 

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: tandv

Yeah, I'm going to say that sounds like a lot for your budget. Your flowers are simple, which is good, but it's just a lot of work. I'm thinking the arch itself might be close to your budget number without any of the corsages and boutonniers.

Try looking on costco.com . They have some packages there with prices advertised that get shipped to you a few days ahead of a the wedding. It should at least give you an example of how much florals cost and it'll give you a reference point. :)

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Thanks for the advice ladies.

nimnimsgirl Posts : 28 Registered: 9/19/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 8:11 PM Go to message in response to: tandv

I'm no florist either but you MIGHT be able to pull it off with your budget. But be prepared to do some things DIY. And think simple and small bouquets for your bridal party. I know there is a wholesale flower shop in Carlsbad called Franco's Flowers (or something like that). My friend is getting married in june and she just bought all her flowers for like $600ish dollars for a wedding with 180 guests. If you stick with the three flowers you like and then just throw in some simple greens to your arrangements, you may be able to get everything done. The arch is going to be the biggest cost though.

It's the little things that bring beauty to life...

http://scrapsoflife.dreamhosters.com

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: nimnimsgirl

Thanks. I will check out Franco's.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine