Program booklets

Online Users: 1,333 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

CantWait2BMrsW Posts : 31 Registered: 2/13/09
Program booklets
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 8:48 AM

I want to make my own program booklets for my wedding. Not really "traditional" booklets but with little tid bits about FH and I, introductions of the wedding party/our families/officiant, some little love quotes, etc. The problem is I'm not super crafty.....any ideas?

Thanks!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Program booklets
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: CantWait2BMrsW

I wouldn't go super-crazy with this project, as most people won't read the whole thing. If you want to make it the same length as a regular program, there are TONS of DIY program kits available - check Michaels. If you want it to be longer, I'd look at some of the formatting options in Word. There must be a multi-page program setting. Pick a pretty font and color, print it on some cardstock, and you'll be all set.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

nimnimsgirl Posts : 28 Registered: 9/19/08
Re: Program booklets
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: CantWait2BMrsW

Definitely check out Michaels, and even Target and Walmart, for some really great Print-at-Home program kits that make doing them yourself so much easier. But if those print at home kits aren't the type of program you're looking to do, you can either format it yourself in Word, or if you have MS Publisher, they have templates to help you get started with making booklets specifically. It will pretty much already be formatted, all you have to do is fill it in with the text. Print the inside pages of the booklet on text paper (regular printer paper or you can find nice, thin paper that can fit through your printer at any craft or office supply store...or go to www.paperandmore.com) and then create a cover for your program booklet out of cardstock. This will keep your costs lower than using cardstock for the whole thing, and cardstock can be a pain to print on sometimes. Keep the cover simple. Print out your names and wedding date on some text paper, then cut it out and glue it on to the cardstock cover. You can mat it on some cardstock of a different color to add more punch before attaching it to the cover. Add a ribbon and you've got yourself a simple and beautiful program you made yourself!

Jackie :)

It's the little things that bring beauty to life...

http://scrapsoflife.dreamhosters.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine