A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Autumn: I'm glad that Ben is going to talk to his mom even though it may not do any good. In my opinion, that shows that Ben thinks of you two as a team. Instead of him just being like, "oh well, just deal" he's willing to make the effort to say, "mom you can't treat her like that."

I totally didn't realize it was the weekend...ha. I've got a bunch of homework to do. Church on Sunday. Spending time with Kevin when he's not working. Who knows what else. You?

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

A drink sounds nice. I could really go for a mudslide right now. OMG I'm so freaking excited right now! 3oh!3 is going to be in Kansas City (about 3 hours from here) next month! They're on tour with like 4 other bands and tickets are super cheap because they're playing at a small club. Then in July Paramore is going to be in St. Louis. Those tickets are like $80 though which kinda sucks. But I'm still freaking excited. Ahhhh! I just texted Kevin & a few friends and was like, "Everyone take off April 14th! We're going to KC!" lol.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

audra2013 Posts : 145 Registered: 6/18/08
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Brighter: Wow that amazes me that someone would say something like that for attention. That could be a really serious situation, not to be messed around with. That combined with the fake suicide, this boy is crying wolf and the one time he really needs help, there will be no one there. That's so frustrating! I'm really sorry you're dealing with something that twisted. No fun at all! FYI I do the movie thing too :)

Nessa: I'm sorry the house hunting isn't that great so far. I'm sure you'll end up with something you love! I'm so excited for you. Will you get the house before the wedding or after? So you're scaring me because I'm a couple weeks behind you and I feel like I'm almost done but then again there are soo many details I overlook. So now I'm scared I'm forgetting stuff! How's the cake hunt coming? Anything else to share?

Autumn: Ya Clearwater is fantastic. Cocoa Beach was my favorite until we went to Clearwater. I didn't want to leave! Man I really really dislike your FMIL. I don't know if I could go thru with it if Josh's family was like that (but I care wayyy too much about what other people think) To me it sounds like she's really disrespectful to some people. I don't care how much you don't like someone, there can always be a certain level of respect for another human and it sounds like she's really missing that. And she needs a sensitivity chip!

KJ: Yikes! I wasn't even allowed to have boys in my room. They had to stay in a family oriented room. I can't believe they did that. Good thing nothing happened! I'm sorry MOH ignored everything. I hope you two can work it out!! It's such a pain having someone drop out. I'm losing other friends because of it too. I really really am pulling for you two to avoid that situation no matter how retarded (and I mean retarded

So today like I said was exactly 3 months till my wedding. Then it hit me today is Friday the 13th. And I was like ' What could go wrong on a Friday the 13th that marks 3 months till my wedding?' WELLLLLL I spoke too soon. Tonight Josh came over and my step dad had just been to a hockey game where he was brought down on the ice and shot a puck to win a bunch of prizes (which he won) So they got home and we hooked up the camera to the tv to look at the pics. When they were done we started looking at other pics on the camera (most were of my son) when all of the sudden a pic of me and my sister in my wedding dress and her BM's dress pops up! Of course my mom who was running the slideshow was looking away and didnt' see it right away so it stayed up until I screamed MOM, but still. I'm a little wierded out, but there are a couple of good points. 1) the pic was sideways so it was harder to see 2) after we took the pic that day i looked at it and was a little upset because you couldn't see any detail on my dress and i was worried you wouldn't see it in the actual wedding pics either, but anyway, the detail was hard to see. But I'm still wierded out a little bit. Kind of dissapointed but -I dunno. It's just wierd! So that's my story!

wedding tickers

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 1:45 AM Go to message in response to: audra2013

Audra: That is kinda funny. I really wouldn't worry about it because in 3 months Josh will have forgotten what it looks like. As far as the detail not showing up. I'm sure that pic was taking fast and with not a whole lot of thought. On your wedding day you'll have a pro photographer who takes time and energy into making sure all the details shine. So don't worry about it.

So I texted MOH and said, "did you read the message I sent you a few days ago?" she said, "yeah. I'm thinking of how to respond." I said ok. Well then I got on facebook and she starts talking to me about random stuff. Its just bothering me that she keeps talking about whatever but not about the real issue. Oh well. I invited her to go wedding dress shopping with me & FH's cousin the week after next (my spring break) but she said she couldn't because of classes and stuff. Kevin just told me to remind myself that she's the one missing out, not me.

Kevin & I are trying to find a roommate now to cut costs down. Even if I find a job, we won't be able to save any money.

EliseKenny09 Posts : 14 Registered: 10/29/07
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 5:19 AM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Hey everybody! My name's Elise, and I'm 18. My FH is 21, almost 22. We've been together for over 2 years and are getting married on 07/08/09.
I just thought it'd be nice to talk to other young brides!
sorry if i mess this up, i'm really bad at using forums!

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: EliseKenny09

Hi Elise! Welcome to the boards :) You're wedding is pretty soon! That must be exciting. What all do you have left to plan? What kind of wedding are you going to have? Oh by the way, my name is Mari and I'm getting married on May 30, 2010.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

I'm pretty excited. and nervous :)
We're having it at my fiance's house in his backyard. My family doesn't support our situation at all, so he's paying for it. It's going to be pretty intimate...our colors are bright blue and orange; we're going for a bright summery/beachy kind of feel. Right now we're trying to pick out wedding bands...it's getting kind of frustrating.
I can't imagine waiting so long! 2010 seems so far away!

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: EliseKenny09

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Thanks for the welcome!
We moved our wedding date, initially we were going to get married in March. I'm glad we pushed it back till the warmer weather.

Autumn: Where are you going? Wherever it is, it sounds beautiful!
What kind of things are you planning on doing for your wedding?

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: EliseKenny09

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Just wanted to say I'm reading. Not responding though beause I'm feeling pretty sick.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 6:13 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Hey girls! Ugh nothing wants to go my way!! House hunting is getting put on the back burner till we can find second jobs so we can save money to put down on the house......FH and I have been fighint since yesterday morning and I just want to leave and forget about it all!! I am so over wedding planning, is it bad I just wanna call it off and use what money we have for a house? Its only 70 days away....

I still need to find a cake person, we have a meeting on Monday, seeing how that goes I may have to set one up with who we already have our date saved and see what their prices actually are, I still need all the decore, my undergarnment/shoes, playlist, ceremony flow, recption flow......I am so overwelmed!

KJ~ I love 3Oh3! THey're from around here. One of the radio stations I listen to helped them get where they are and they're always on there. Also the Flobots and The fray.

Audra~ Awww I am sorry Josh saw you in your dress, but like everyone said I am sure he won't remember and he will be to shocked at how amazing you will look on your wedding day compared to a quick photo at the shop....

Welcome Elise!! Your wedding is so close! I am sorry your family doesn't support you, but it sounds like you are doing just fine.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Autumn: Tampa is amazing. I wish I could live there. being engaged is stressful but worth it. We were engaged for about 6 months before we pushed it back. We had to wait until I turned 18 anyways, so we figured we might as well wait until the weather was better.
My sister had an October wedding, and it was beautiful. I could send pictures sometime if you want :)

Nessa: I am doing fine. I love my FH and losing my family is worth gaining the one I have now.

So what are you girls doing for receptions? I kind of just want to do a desert reception but I don't know how that will go over?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine