Photographers not to use!!!

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9
Photographers not to use!!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 8:30 PM

We had such tremendous luck with all of our vendors- except Furla Photography in Glenview, IL.  Their service has been beyond the worst.  Our initial photographer- Jewell Living Colour in Northbrook- claimed bankruptcy and took our deposit so we didn't want to mess around and went with Furla b/c of their name. But they haven't gotten anything right. 1. They passed out cards about their website with the wrong picture at our wedding! 2. They told us and everyone else 2 weeks for our pictures would be online. We were married 9/23/06 still not online. Not only are they not online, but everytime we call and ask they say "tomorrow". Then they don't go up and we don't even get a phone call. We had 3 photographers on the wedding day- they all showed up late which really messed things up b/c it was a little rainy, but was clear when they were supposed to show up. They did get us our proofs 2 weeks after they supposedly ordered them then when I went to pick them up- they were missing an entire book. I was flying out that night to visit my parents and show them the proofs- so I had to drive to Wheeling to pick it up myself.
Please learn from our mistake and do not use their service.

Re: Photographers not to use!!!
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had a huge problem with my photographers as well.  I was even threatened by the owner of the company on numerous occasions--and I don't even have any proofs!!!  Nothing-no memoreies.  I have reported A Fine Image in Cambridge, MA to the BBB, my attourney general's office and I tried to complain to the PPA (professional photog. assoc.) but it turns out they were denied membership because they are unethical.  You should report your company as well and take them to court to get your $$ back.

chitowngirlinlove Posts : 17 Registered: 3/12/09
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG, you have got to be kidding. Most of my friends have used Furla and they do awesome work. The company I work for uses photographers all the time and Furla has never dissapointed us. You can check out their web site and see the GREAT work they do. You were so lucky Furla was available for your wedding after your 1st photographer went bankrupt. So many independents are going out of business it's scarry. You even said you hired 2 photographers and Furla sent you 3. That itself shows me that Furla always trys to do whats right. Anyway, All of my friends have been extremely happy and I know I will be too.

Furla Rocks...
Deb & Mike

www.furlastudio.com

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: chitowngirlinlove

OMG, it's like totally annoying when vendors post fake raves in response to negative reviews.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

Who are you calling fake. I am a real bride who is getting married in 2010. What's up with you? And you should check out my photographers site because they are awesome.
And I will say again that most of my friends have used Furla and they have all been very happy.
Deb

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hahahahaha yeeeahhhhh these are more vendors hurray!

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Seriously, nobody cares what you have to say about the photographers. If you were a real bride you would have been here long before now to talk about any of your other vendors or wedding plans.

I vote fake, I have seen way to many of you to believe you are real. Nice try though

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Sure I would been here sooner IF I WAS ENGAGED 2 YEARS AGO. I only got engaged 3 weeks ago and just started doing my research for my 10-2010 wedding. The only reason I posted is because I hired Furla to photograph my wedding and they have been so helpful not only to me but to my friends who also used them. Plus the original post was from 2006 and that girls 1st photographer went bankrupt.

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Apparently if anyone would like, cranky person is happy to send me her engagement photos to prove she's real....sigh. Then I'll "wish I had her photographer for my wedding."

She'd also like to know "who do I think I am?"...that would be someone tired of fake vendor posts.

Oh, and since I have 600 posts, I have no life. Kennys, I'm not sure what to say about you then.

I'm going to go cry myself to sleep since someone thinks I'm mean.

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 8:15 AM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

Normally I wouldn't care about vendors but its REALLY annoying when they pretend to be a "real" bride that is using said vendor... PUHLEASE!

Can't wait to be  a Mrs.

http://www.mywedding.com/shannonandbrandon<magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine