Shoes...

Online Users: 1,256 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Shoes...
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 2:48 PM

Ok I have a question about shoes. FH has been begging me to wear combat boots for the wedding. I usually wear them anyways so its not a huge deal, but I feel like if I am going to be wearing the dress, and having my hair and make up done, I can do something a little more femine (sp??) But that put me at a loss because I am not very into shoes, I dislike heels because I can not walk in them (I have very weak ankles) so I am usualy in sneakers, or boots. So I was looking through the shoes on here, and I found some REALLY cute victorian style boots, so I googled them and found some much cheaper ones I love. The problem is though, I don't know if I should get white, since it is a wedding after all, and my dress is Diamond white, or if I should get black, and they will get a lot of use. So what do you all think, would black look totaly tacky for wedding shoes?? Oh by the way it is a victorian themed weddding.... if that matters at all. Thanks in advance!!!!

ChristyBride Posts : 59 Registered: 1/7/08
Re: Shoes...
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I think Victorian shoes are a great idea! I would personally go with white victorians as they will match the look you are going for in the wedding. If you decide on black victorians you might as well wear the combat boots your FH wants - they would be a representation of you! It's totally fine to wear fun shoes under your dress. Lots of ladies wear bright red or neon shoes to show off their kooky style.

Another option is to wear white flats for the wedding (like white slippers) and then for the reception you can do the combat boots for some fun pictures. I'm going to wear white fuzzy flip flops at the end of the night if my feet get tired. :)

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

It really comes to whichever you feel more comfortable with, a lot of brides these days are wearing unconventional shoes under their wedding dress and there is nothing wrong with that. I've pondered wearing converse under mine but I'm thinking of just going with a plain flat, I knew from day one that I didn't want to wear heels in my dress because I'd be miserable all day. Do whatever suits your style best and makes you feel good :o)

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

SoonToBeMrsDodge Posts : 70 Registered: 2/7/09
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I actually wanted to wear bright pink heels with my dress even though that sounds crazy! I think it would be really cute and different. I don't know if I'll change my mind or not...I already have changed my mind on my dress! :-\
wedding websites

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I wanted to wear leopard shoes for my wedding but somehow everyone talked me out of it. I was able to incorporate my leopard else where (ribbon around my bouquet and bm bouquet, cake, etc).

I got a pricy pair of high heels. We did our photos before the wedding and by the time I was supposed to walk down the asile, my feet were killling me. As soon as the post ceremony pictures were over, I threw my shoes out, put a slit in my nylons and put on a pair of white flip flops and I was a happy camper the rest of the night.

I would maybe go with something a bit nicer than combat boots at least for the ceremony but maybe wear those for the reception so you'll be comfortable. You can also maybe wear white slippers or something like that.

Just Married...9.20.08

Formerly BenjaminsBride 

Soon2bMrsBlackw... Posts : 43 Registered: 11/12/06
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I want some black victorian boots!!! If you want to wear black vs. white i say go for it! especially if that your theme I wore black heels with my gown and everyone loved them! And best part is you can wear them over and over! I say go for it :)

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Victorian boots sound like the answer. If you choose the white, you probably can dye them black after the wedding, so you can get lots of use out of them.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine