Live Band vs. DJ

Online Users: 1,245 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Re: Live Band vs. DJ
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 9:15 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

I like DJs because they can play all the radio hits etc. Plus I'm not a big fan of cover bands.

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Re: Live Band vs. DJ
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Before last week I would have said DJ for the same reasons that have already been said. Theres more options, you can play different genres and play to the crowd. Where as a band usually has a set list they stick to.

But I went to a wedding where they brought in a live band. They were FANTASTIC. They were able to play most of the songs we wanted to hear and they did it well also. So if you like the sound of a live band go for it if you can afford it. Most cover bands are so-so, but these guys were amazing. I would suggest going to see the band you want first in a real life setting. At one point there was some instrument trouble but you barely noticed because they corrected it right away. Thats also a good sign of a good band. I think they were called the "Dream Team" from NY

~~~~~~~~
together is a perfect place to be because it's there that you can be delightfully imperfect. and there's nothing closer to perfection than being loved just because you are. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine