Photographers in Northern NJ

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8
Photographers in Northern NJ
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 3:32 PM

Does anyone have feedback on any of the photographers with "The Pros" or "Celebration Studios?"  I am also looking at Harrison Gould if anyone has feedback on him as well.

If you haven't had any experience with these is there anyone that you would recommend?

Message was edited by JFlovesCC on Apr 10, 2007 4:58 PM

Re: Photographers in Northern NJ
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I already used celebration studios, and it was the worst mistake of my life.  The photographer never contacted us before the wedding to go over everything, I wasn't even sure if she was going to show up, and I didn't even have a number to call her.  The videographer was stealing the favors that I had for my guests and pretty much anything that wasn't nailed down.  The photos aren't what I was looking for at all, and to top it off the photographer missed some very important shots.  Now, I'm dealing with the design studio, and if you think what I just told you was bad, you haven't heard the worst of it.  Everyone who was assigned to my account has now left the company, so pretty much no one knows what the hell I'm supposed to get or what they are suppose to do to get it to me.  I'm constantly getting the run around, because there is not one person in the design studio who has a clue, and NO ONE returns any phone calls.  My video didn't have the songs that I requested to be put in it, and the sound is herendous, and to top that off, it skips.  So, if you are thinking of booking celebration studios......DON'T!!!!  If you already did, GET OUT OF IT!!!!!  They also have 9 complaints on the better business bureau, and mine is the 9th.  They are unprofessional and incompetent.  I am probably going to pull my project, request a refund, and do my album myself on shutterfly....which I'll probably like better.

chiquita26 Posts : 11 Registered: 1/8/07
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm hiring MC Production s they are located in Clifton NJ they have various packages to offer bu thte one I'm interested in is the one that hold leather album for 900 proofs, online proofing, magazine flush style album  for 40 pages holding 120 images, thanks you cards, 16 X 20 photo all for $3,790

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Whatever you do, stay away from Celebration Studios.  It was such a mistake using them as our wedding photographers.  The actual photographer we had was great - but after the wedding, trying to get anything from them has been a nightmare!  Nothing was delivered to us in the timeline promised.

We just had our 1st anniversary this past weekend and we still keep getting the runaround from Celebration. We do not get any replies to our emails or phone calls.  They keep saying they will look into it and call back, but they never do.

I filed a complaint with BBB as well as NJ Consumer Protection so we will see if that gets us anywhere.

It just has been a nightmare having to deal with them and if I knew it would be so bad, obviously, I would never have had them as our photographers. I wish I knew this when we were looking for photographers, but at that time, we hadn't heard anything bad about them. Oh well, live and learn.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had a bad experience with Lindelle studio.  .  My pictures were mediocre and less than average at best.  TO make matters worse they were all the same poses. The customer service is a joke.  They were rude and insulting and seemed angry and annoyed that I was complaining about the quality of my pictures.  They say-" We believe in providing our clients with the best photography and video, at the best prices, combined with stellar customer service...”    I was not provided the best photography or photographer and I definitely did not receive stellar customer service, quit the opposite. I have yet to receive even an apology for the way I was insulted and treated.  It was my wedding for God’s sake not just some Saturday night with the gals.     If you can avoid using this Lindelle, please do, you will thank yourselves for it!

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 8:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I looked at Lindelle also, but I ended up not going with them because one of my friends had a bad experience as well. I used Suzanne and Chris LoBue from CLB Photography (CLBphoto.com.) They are a husband and wife team who have been photographing together for over 10 years! Not only are they easy-going and personable, but they will give you as much or as little direction as you want. My husband and I wanted photojournalistic style pictures and they did an amazing job. They spent from noon-11pm with us, making sure to capture action shots as well as posed pics. I told them that I was self-conscious of my arms and my profile, and they were really great about making sure they captured me in the best angle possible. Chris was on the floor, on chairs, etc doing whatever he needed to do to get the shot. I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I recommend doing an engagement photo shoot with whatever photographer you use. This way, you can get to know eachother and see how you and your fiance photograph togather before the big day.

gregallen Posts : 22 Registered: 5/23/07
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

After reading some of the negative comments about so many searching for a good wedding photographer please allow me to ad my 2 cents.

What ever studio you are looking into I would highly recommend talking to them at length and look at their total portfolio. Now days it seems like everyone is getting into the wedding photog market. I know of a couple of guys( not photogs) who hired a model and some friends then shot some images and called themselves  wedding photogs. Frankly if you speak with them at length it will soon be evident if they are passionate about what you are going to show the generations.

And look at a large portfolio. Some photogs only a few 'winners'. A portfolio will sometime only show their best image. I  am one who shows every image to the public. I want my couples to know my style and be assured that i have nothing to hide.before the wedding we talk many times and at great lengths. Even though we are sometimes unable to meet, it doesn't take long to see if the bride/groom/photog match will be a good one. 

Make sure the photog knows weddings. Each type of photography has its specialties. Medical, commercial, and wedding photography are all different. Find someone who can catch the personalities and nuances along with 'sensng' the 'moments' as they unfold. 

I was very disappointed in hearing about the 'big box' studios who sent someone/stranger out to photograph the wedding. Weddings are personal and require a high level of trust.

Sorry to go on for so long but it is a soapbox of mine. I am becoming more and more disappointed in our industry and hope that the mistakes of a few will not tarnish the reputation of those who take it all very seriously.

All the best as you search for the right photog. 

GREG ALLEN

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: gregallen

Greg,

Very well said!  I would like to recommend a book called "The Bride's Guide to Wedding Photography" by Kathleen Hawkins.  This book provides a lot of great insight into the photographer selection process.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

jla13538 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/2/09
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

I too had a bad experience with Lindelle (now MJS Studios). My husband and I booked our wedding photography and videography as a package deal through this company when they were still Lindelle Studios (and operating out of David's Bridal). We were told by the representative that with the upgrades we paid for, that we were getting their most "elite" products. I am an attorney and read the contracts very carefully, so we knew exactly what we were purchasing.

I have to say that our wedding video ultimately came out very nicely, which makes me think that MJS farmed it out to another company (I honestly cannot believe that the same company that made our video produced the pathetic excuses for albums that we just received). So this review deals exclusively with the photography aspect.

Our photography package had promised an album of up to 200 photos. After choosing the 200 photos we wanted in the album, MJS came back to us with their first try at the album. It was a mere 35 pages, with the 200 pictures squished onto the pages--most pages with 8-9 photos on one page. When I contacted them with our proposed changes (mostly just spreading the photos out over more pages), MJS suddenly started saying that our package had a page limit of 35 pages, and we would have to pay $75 for each additional page.

I went back to our contract, and there was absolutely no clause in the contract that limited the number of pages. We had a lot of heated back and forth with various departments at MJS, including one manager who refused to let us even speak to their legal department (which of course makes me think that the legal department was telling the manager that we were right). Regardless, MJS still would not budge, and we finally resigned ourselves to the 35 page-limit.

We just received our album, and while the quality is fine, it does not AT ALL represent the fond memories from our wedding. In order to have larger-size (8 x 10) pictures of our favorite poses, we had to cut out almost all of the pictures from other parts of the wedding (getting ready, the reception, etc.). The 35 pages that we have look fine, but it is not anything close to what we paid for. (We would NEVER have paid over $2500 for just 35 pages).

And that's just the main wedding album. We also purchased 2 parent albums as part of our package and paid $150 for a third parent album. The photos were supposed to be 4x5 (we agreed to that), but we figured they would put them into a nice 6x8 or 8x10 album with a border around the pages in order to dress up the photos a bit. Not so. The parent "albums" are more like flip books with index-card sized pictures crammed onto index-sized pages with absolutely no border, no text on the cover, and no cameo shot showing through the cover (as was promised when we purchased the package). They skimped on the parent albums so much that you even have to turn the whole thing sideways to look at the pictures (i.e. the binding is on the top of the photos rather than along the side). My husband and I are so embarrassed by these rinky-dink flip books that we will be making our own albums for our parents on one of the online photo sharing websites.

If, after reading this review, you are still going to waste your money on this horrible company with horrible service and horribly rude and unhelpful employees, let me give you one piece of advice: only pay for the CD that has all your pictures on it. That way you will save money on the albums and you can just make your own. My husband and I wasted over $2500 on MJS Studios because of their grand promises of exceptional products, and we are now basically doing everything over ourselves and creating our own wedding album and parent albums. BUT, for any photography aficionados out there, be warned... the CD-rom you get with what MJS promises as "high-resolution" pictures contains pictures at only 300 dpi, which as I understand it is the lowest possible "high" resolution you can have.

My advice in one sentence: Unless you want a lot of headaches and badly preserved (or even non-existent) memories of your wedding day, stay far far FAR away from MJS Studios (or whatever company they become next).

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine