May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

BeaBride0606 Posts : 3 Registered: 4/3/06
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: annakbella

I am using the Theme around how me and my FH met. Ballroom Dancing!!!, I am having a blast with it, some of my friends think I am crazy. The tables are named after dances and music is a big part of our day!!!

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: annakbella

Mo - Thanks for the compliment on the dress :) I love it! I just hope that after alterations it still fits and looks the same.

As for a theme, we don't really have one. We just have our main colors, fuchsia and charcoal gray. Other than that we're just trying to stay more on the modern side of things and how they look. We have the guys in black tuxes with fuchsia vests and ties, girls in charcoal dresses with fuchsia sashes. Fuchsia pocket squares and flowers. My flowers will be white and different colors of pink. Then for the reception we're going to have black tablecloths, white napkins, and centerpieces with white, pink, and yellow flowers. We're really going off color, not so much a theme. Other than that, we're just hoping to have lots of pictures around the reception for decoration.

Question...now that I typed that out, I'm curious. With the girls in charcoal dresses and pink sashes (one of them with no sash) will it be too much pink in the waist area with the sash and flowers? I know that's weird to ask, but I just thought of it. If so, we could always mix in a couple white flowers too..

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

BecBec Posts : 25 Registered: 12/26/06
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

DAS- I love your dress!!! I tried a similar one on but it didn't work for me.

As for the themes...We didn't start with one but we have one now! We chose emerald green and canary yellow. The first thing everybody asked if we were doing a John Deere wedding. We got so tired of the question we decided to go for it. We have tractors to decorate the tables at the reception, and we went with a wildflower look for the the bouquets. My bouquet is yellow roses with white daisies and the BM's all have yellow and white daisies. The flower girls are going to have little monte cristo daisies in their hair and carry little yellow buckets filled with daisies. (They're going to be adorable!) The cake is going to be plain white with a double band of green ribbon and yellow and white daisies on each tier with a simple white porcelain double heart topper. We're not going super overboard with it, just small touches here and there so it's not going to be too redneck. (just a little )

I have some questions - I was supposed to meet one of my BMs to go get her dress today and she never showed up. This is the second time she bailed on a fitting appointment. We are 3 months away from the wedding what do I do? Also his sister is too big to buy a dress from anywhere so she plans on making it and I haven't been able to get her to even pick up the material for her dress! She keeps telling me she call me next week and we can go. How can I kick both of these girls in the butt to get them in gear without going bridezilla? Or is it just time to be bridezilla?

Laughing Beck

~ The love you live is equal to the love you give, so give a whole bunch!

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: BecBec

BecBec I don't know -- that would anony me. I am glad I didn't have that problem with my bms. You are very trusting to let them sew.

So I haven't been motivated to workout(everyone says a wedding will motivate you- didn't work for me). I have been engaged since Sept. and fitting is less than a month away. So not excited!

MoreThanExpected Posts : 158 Registered: 2/13/07
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

Bec - Sorry to hear about your BM. Not really sure how to fix it, maybe if you sat down with both of them and told them how much it is stressing you out, no need to be Bridezilla just yet, but make it clear that you want to have their dresses complete and ready to go by a certain date, then if they miss the date you can go bridezilla LOL.

Pug - I know what you mean about the lack of motivation I finally got my butt into gear a couple weeks ago and my first fitting is next week. What really helped me was I found a dance workout video that is a lot of fun and is actually still effective. Do you like dancing at all? If so I highly recommend Core Rhythms, I'm already feeling more room in my pants.

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tradgedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

-Dean Koontz,from the corner of his eye 

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 12:21 AM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

I totally don't know how a wedding motivates people to work out! I try, but I simply can't find time to do it!! Where do these people fit it in with normal life stuff, work, and planning the wedding?

Anyway, I am very excited because I sent out our invitations today!! It is beginning to seem like it's finally coming together!!

With you and I defying gravity, they'll never bring us down!

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

This has been a long week. My fmil made a sample centerpiece for me to look at (I had prevoiusly said she could make them). It looks like a 1980's centerpiece with blue silk flowers. My colors are royal blue,silver,black, and white. Her husband just had heart surgery this week. I posted my centerpiece in another thread and got some good feedback. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I don't think the suggestions I gave her were understood. She thinks a lot differently than I do, she is the same woman that wore an all white outfit do her daughter's wedding 18 years ago. Maybe that was acceptable then?

MOH is really busy with work and isn't sure April will work for her to hold my shower. I go out of town the first week of April and I prefer to have my shower in April and bachelorette in May. In May it is also David's neice's graduation and I know we will be doing lots of family stuff (unfortunately) that month. My one bridesmaid works with me so she had contacted all the girls to get together. I think MOH was upset, but the times I have seen her she never mentioned my shower etc. My bridesmaid was not trying to take over. So there was/is drama going on with that.

Future sister in law complained that I had nothing under $50 on my registry. I went and looked at it and forwarded it to my mom and bridesmaids. I had just sent them a long vent about fsil. I was ticked because my registry has tons of stuff around $20 or under. My friend got married and they registered for some expensive stuff because some stores will send you coupons after you get married so you can buy what was on your registry that was not purchased. I also have a note on my wedding website that gift cards are appreciated because my fiance and I don't know where we are living yet. So at this time I don't even know what we need for our new place. If we live in a small apartment I won't need a lot. The amount of bathrooms/bedrooms can determine what you need.

I am on my last nerve this week. At this point I wish we would have eloped.

BeaBride0606 Posts : 3 Registered: 4/3/06
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

Pug - sorry to hear about all the stuff going on, your not alone I had that kind of week about a month ago. And it is about to start all over again the next few weeks.

My FH was trying to keep our engagement on the down low at work, due to the fact we are having a small wedding 3000 miles away, but some how, someone found our registry and has told the entire office. I had to calm him down last night. I am not sure how to handle this I feel helpless, my co-workers know that they we not be invited and it is kind of understood. But because of the type of field he works in it may be different. Due to this new development we may have to have a 2nd reception where we currently live.

I am Currently working on my wording for my RSVP cards, and I was wondering if I should include the exact dishes I am offering or just the general name, steak and seafood, poultry, vegitarian and the children's meal. how did everyone word their's?

brettandjenn Posts : 6 Registered: 8/28/08
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Ok, so I know I'm a little late to the party but are ya'll willing to
add another to this message board. I'm getting married May 16, 2009 in
New Orleans, Louisiana. I thought about trying to find a message board
months ago but got hung up with wedding plans and changing jobs and
everything else. I finally took a break tonight and looked for a May 09
board and low and behold I find y'all and found alot of the same
problems, situations and I would really like someplace to ask my crazy
stupid questions and get some reassurance that all is going well, and also to hear and chime in on everyone elses situations. Especially, since we only have a few months left.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 10:15 PM Go to message in response to: brettandjenn

Jenn!! Welcome to the boards!! We're date twins!!! :) Aren't you getting excited?!?! How is your planning going??

DAS- I ordered those shoes at zappos and LOVE them! They ARE comfy! I'm going to get fitted tomorrow and got my shoes just in time to try them on with the dress, I'm so excited!! Thanks so much for the info!!

So I have a LOT of wedding stuff going on this weekend!! Not only am I getting my dress fitted, but I'm blocking off hotel rooms, AND FINALLY getting my invites and putting them in the mail!!! YAY!!! I"ll be so glad when those invites are the mail! I feel like i Haven't done much wedding stuff in awhile, the new job has kept me SOO busy, working 12 hours at least a day, but I'm glad for the money and something to do. Too bad it's keeping me from my workouts though :( I do hope I fit in my dress tomorrow!
Anyway, it's been a long day, heading to bed!! Everyone have a great weekend!!!

"Come What May... "

MoreThanExpected Posts : 158 Registered: 2/13/07
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Great date choice Jenn! I'm May 16th too! And of course it's not too late to join in! Welcome!

We just sent out the invitations and already have 4 responses YAY for quick people LOL

Brooke I hope your fitting goes well, you should get some pictures of you in all your stuff to share, everyone should....OK I just like seeing all of you beautiful brides in your dresses! I like seeing all the different colors/themes everything that people have come up with, there used to be a post all your stuff thread that I loved, but it died off I think we should all post our stuff here

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tradgedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

-Dean Koontz,from the corner of his eye 

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: MoreThanExpected

Welcome to the board, Jenn :) I hope you're having some fun planning and it isn't too stressful!

Brooke - I'm glad the shoes worked out for you. I ordered 2 pairs from endless.com, but I think I might send them back because I found a different pair that might work a little better. I'm 5'8" and FH is about 6'. I don't want to be eye to eye with him, so I need a shorter heel. I'm thinking 2" would be good, so I need to order a pair. Plus, with a 2" heel, I won't need any alteration to the hem of my dress. Good luck with your fitting!!

I actually went for my 1st/2nd fitting yesterday...they did the alterations within a week to make sure that it would all work out without adding fabric, etc. from the whole "take it out 8" fiasco" of last week. I was soooo nervous to try it on because I wanted it to look and feel great and not look different from the original design. The most it was taken out was 4 1/2" in the bust and it looks fantastic!! I was very, very happy with it. Putting it on and having it zip completely with no problems just took all my frustrations and worries away. I don't have to starve myself now! I do have a few pictures, but my computer at work doesn't have an SD card reader so I'll post them when I get home tonight. My only thing now is that I really hope it's flattering...I mean, I fell in love with the sample when I tried it on, but of course it was more fitted because it was too small, lol. I may not like all parts of my body, but I was hoping for a tighter fit in the hip/waist so there is some kind of hour glass shape...I just wanna knock his socks off!

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Here are the pics. I'd like honest opinions about how it fits and how it looks. Really...if I didn't want honest ones, I wouldn't ask!

DSCN0203.jpg dress picture by shaunarae02

DSCN0202.jpg dress1 picture by shaunarae02

DSCN0201.jpg picture by shaunarae02

DSCN0200-1-1.jpg picture by shaunarae02

Sorry they're big pics! I thought it'd be best to post them that way to get a better idea of what it looks like.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

You look great. The dress looks very flattering.

MichelleandRob Posts : 194 Registered: 5/12/08
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

It is a very pretty dress and you look fantastic in it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine