Custom Magazine...ever used it?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Custom Magazine...ever used it?
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 1:50 PM

Has anyone used this?? It seems really cool!

http://www.mybridemagazine.com/

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Custom Magazine...ever used it?
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Neat, but what would you use them for?

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

We were thinking they could be an alternative "Parent Album". And, we could then also give one to the other people in our family that are close, like aunts, siblings, the bridal party, grandparents, etc.

Photographers charge SOOOO much for parent albums, so for $300 you can get 25 magazines of photos of your wedding...which is $14 each (or the hardcover version for $24 each). Versus paying $300 just for ONE parent book!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

I think it seems like a really cute idea. However, as a parent, they might be hurt if they are given the same "album" as an aunt or cousin. Why not get them the magzine and do a photo album on Kodak Gallery or Snapfish for parents too? They are relatively inexpensive. You can get two for less than $50.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

oh, yeah, the magazine would not be the only kind of album they got! I would definately do something a little nicer and more traditional. The photographer we want to use also has these "mini" albums that are the same as the bridal album just mini versions that are only like 4" x 4". too cute! perfect for bringing to the office to show off or throwing in a purse!

And, yes, there is always Shutterfly too! I swear I am their biggest customer, lol, so I have thought of that as well. And, I will probably get them some nice photo enlargements in frames...things that I can do myself but are still nice.

I just think the magazine idea is so cool and different! I kind of want one just for me...but since they come in 25, I would give some to the bridal party, siblings, those close friends that helped out so much but are not in the bridal party, and parents too just so they could have one. :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine