Huge question for organized people!

Online Users: 1,240 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

AlyssaMarie Posts : 32 Registered: 1/3/09
Huge question for organized people!
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 8:00 PM

OK so I have a question. Me and my boyfriend are going to Cali. at the begging of April and one of his friends hinted the other day that he might ask me to marry him then. Well the other day i was trying to figure out what i should pack because he told me to pack for every occassion. WHAT does that mean? I am the worse packer in the world and i need help figuring out what type of things i should pack. Should i pack causal fancy i have no idea PLEASE HELP..

Please and Thank you!
Alyssa

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Re: Huge question for organized people!
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

I would pack something casual, something semi-dressy, and then something dressy - like a dress or skirt.
I hope you have fun and let us know if he proposes!! :)

AlyssaMarie Posts : 32 Registered: 1/3/09
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: MandJ2010

Thank you so much, and i deff will. I am so excited!!!

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

I agree. Pack something casual something semi dressy, and then something dressy. If you think he's going to propose then you should pack something that you feel fantastic in! Good luck!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

You can pack, shorts (if it will be warm) and a bathing suit. Also, a skirt with a nice shirt, jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, dressy shoes, a jacket, ummmm....idk just pack a little bit of everything lol. Best of luck and I hope he does propose! :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I think in order to avoid over-kill, I would look for outfits that overlap. Like if you have a cute top that you could wear with nice jeans and heels, pack all of those, but then also pack a pretty skirt that you could wear that would make the outfit "dressy." Also, this is my FAV tip for packing! Pack all stuff that only requires one colour of shoes/belt - like either brown or black. It always cuts in HALF what I woudl pack otherwise. You'll probably just need two pairs of shoes, something comfy and then a dressy pair of heels. And maybe toss in flip flops for the beach. Pack some shorts and t-shirts too, as I'm assuming that you probably won't be in fancy restaurants and such ALL the time. hehe

Enjoy your trip! :)

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

I would pack what you would have packed had the possibility of a proposal not been mentioned. THEN, I would pack a very simple sun dress that you could wear around with flipflops or put on heals and nice jewelry to dress it up.
I have a little black dress that is made out of jersey knit material. I can wear it by itself and flip flops and look cute of throw heals and a necklace on and it's dressed up enough for a summer wedding (I wore it to two weddings last year). Do you have anything like that?

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: AlyssaMarie

Dear Alyssa,

"Well the other day i was trying to figure out what i should pack because he told me to pack for every occasion. "

Find out what airline you are taking to California, then look up their website. See if they charge for checked luggage. A typical rate is $15 for the first checked bag, one way. It is more for second and subsequent checked bags.

Armed with this info, go back to FH and see if he can be more specific about what activities he has planned for your trip. Thus, you can pack sensibly in one bag and minimize, or even eliminate, your checked luggage fees.

(PS: I go to Europe for two weeks with one checked bag and one shoulder carry-on tote bag. But, then, I know what I'm going to be doing when I'm there.)

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 8:09 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

bring jewlery and heels they can dress anything up!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine