Why we love Electra Cruises

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,755

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

I was down in Newport this past weekend (on Valentine's Day) trying to get a picture of the Athena for our wedding album and was looking at the Eternity. It is SO big- but it is beautiful! And I love that there are elevators on it. The stairs were really difficult for some of my guests.

Congratulations! I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding! It was pretty quiet down there Sat. afternoon. The Athena was the only boat out- not any of the other yacht groups were out either. I'm sure it got busy at night for VD weddings!

Cin4Joel Posts : 8 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

I'm going to the food tasting today! I'm so excited! Congratulations on setting the date.

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: Cin4Joel

i'm so jealous, the fiance and i were going to go today but we had to change our vday plans to today so we are doing that instead! we will be there next month. Let me know how it goes and who you pick!!! I wanna hear the 411 so I can go in with questions... =)

-Laura

http://www.weddingcountdown.com">
http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/l18gbbrvjw6.png" alt="wedding ticker">

bride030709 Posts : 7 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: britlovesadam

I just saw your post, we are also getting married on the Destiny... on March 7 this year! Have you chosen all of your vendors yet? If not, I'm happy to pass along some of the information on who we are using, we are thrilled with everyone, although we did go with our own florist.

Send me a message if you'd like to exchange info! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: LissettC

I'm getting married on the Destiny next month, and we loved most of the vendors Electra provided, we did go with our own florist, who gave us an incredible deal for a TON of flowers, much lower than the $3000 we were quoted by LaVonne's and Companis.

(Flowers Etc. in Fountain Valley, they carrry the insurance required by Electra, Debbie and Alicia are incredible and sat with me for a couple of hours getting every single detail exactly right. Christie sent you!)

Super happy with Cinderella cakes, we used the Rancho Santa Margarita location, very organized and had a whole section of their book specifically designed to fit within the package price provided by Electra of $1.95 per slice.

We chose Vincent I. (VIPhoto), based on his portfolio, he was willing to work the extra hour of yacht time into his rate at no additional charge, and will give us all photos at the end.

Von is also our deejay, has a SUPER comprehensive website, you just pick the songs off his list, very helpful with organizing the ceremony and reception too.

Could not be happier with Captain Torre Niles, and love working with Linda and Heather at Electra, they have been great during the whole process, since March of last year. They did not raise the prices on us, by the way, despite the change that happened, they honored our original contract.

1donniedarko1 Posts : 5 Registered: 8/19/08
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: bride030709

So I've been lurking here on this forum for almost a year now. I figured it was time to say hello.

I'll be having my wedding with Electra on Electra September 5th. I've read every post here and have been keeping up to date. There aren't a lot of people on here that have had there wedding on Electra so that's been a little hard for me because I feel like I'm going a lot on faith. Has anyone had there wedding on Electra and could let me know how it went? Also I'm currently picking the Pasta Extravaganza, did anyone do that for there wedding? Again I'm going on faith because I'm pretty sure they don't do that for the tasting. I plan on doing the tasting next month and will pick my vendors then. I'm doing the flowers myself and I'm having the cake done by Let them eat cake just the street from the port. I'm also wedding dress shopping for the first time tomorrow, which will hoping be exciting (don't like shopping much normally). Oh and I also have a lot of pictures of the Electra if anyone is interested. Well I guess that's it for now.

-Erin

MandaMurphy Posts : 68 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: 1donniedarko1

Hi Erin,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! =) I initially chose Electra for our wedding, but 4 months prior to the wedding decided on a bigger yacht and someone cancelled their event aboard the Newport Princess for the same day and time of our wedding. I had a small wedding of almost 60 guests which was just perfect for the Newport Princess. But I love the romantic feel of the Electra.. which I fell in love instantly when I saw it.

I think one of the previous bride chose the pasta estravaganza and her guests loved it. Their food is awesome and for the price it is really worth it.. Sorry that i can't offer much help but have fun dress shopping! I had so much fun with mine.. =) Let us know how your dress shopping goes! =)

www.momentville.com/mandamike

EY0724 Posts : 7 Registered: 4/10/08
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

Hi everyone, I'm new on this board. My wedding is about 5 month away!!!
I'm getting marry on the Crystal or what's now called the Eternity. I was orginally planning to have the Pasta Extravaganza too, but after talking to someone who has been in one of the Electra wedding before, he said that they were nice, but takes a very long time to wait in line. He said that it took almost an hour for everyone to get their food. So I think I'm not going to do that anymore, I don't want the dinner to take too long that it cuts into my dancing time. Has anyone heard about this? I'm thinking maybe I'll have a sit down dinner with the Black & White pasta instead.

Also I'm using DJ Taylor, Cinderalla cake, I'm not sure about the flourist yet. I got a quote from Marina flowers, but it is a little over my budget. I'm planning to also get a quote from La Vonne, seems like everyone on this board who used LaVonne loved her. I guess she's more pricy than Marina, but I guess I'm just going to check them out first.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: EY0724

Hi! Saw your post about looking for flowers, and I was in the same boat (no pun intended, haha). I started researching florists outside the provided vendors, and found Flowers Etc. in Fountain Valley. Here's what we got:

Brides Bouquet with 3 colors of roses, peonies, hydrangea and small berry clusters

Four bridesmaid bouquets with 3 color roses and hydrangea

Jr. Bridesmaid Bouquet with same flowers

Grooms boutonneire, four groomsmen boutoneneires, dad's and grandpa's boutenneires

Guestbook attendant small wrist corsage

Pin on corsages for mom and grandma

Ceremony backdrop of all flowers in brides bouquet

3 colors of petals for sides of aisle

Petals for each table

Cake Flowers

Petals for guest book table and cake table

Plus I have crystals that they are tying to clear fishing line (100 of them!!) and hanging all around the room from the ceiling at different heights, and weaving the crystal garlands that I had into the bride's and bridesmaid bouquets.

Total bill (before tax) $867.00

I highly highly highly recommend them. Companis Florist (one of the boat vendors) wanted $2500 for all of this.

Debbie and Alicia helped me, they are incredible!!!!!!!!

EY0724 Posts : 7 Registered: 4/10/08
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 10:13 PM Go to message in response to: bride030709

Wow!! that's a really good deal!! Do they also have the liability insurance that Electra requires & have they had experience working on the Eternity?? I was planning to use Electra's vendors so that they would be familiar with the boat & the settings, but for such a price difference, I think it's really worth seeing them.

I'm also planning to have some crystals & orchids hanging down fishing lines for the altar area, but hanging crystals for the whole area would be amazing!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Thanks so much for the info!!

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Hi girls! I have read through a few pages back of posts, but honestly I don't have time to go through more then that. I am trying to find a wedding location. I had thought about electra when I first got engaged, but was under the impression my mom hated the idea(she gets sick). But now she and my dad are totally for a boat wedding. I would love some information. If you don't mind sharing, how much did you spend? Not including your dressm rings, hair any of that stuff. I am interested to knwo the price for the actual wedding including all flowers, dj, cake and how many guests did you have? According to the electra website, I can spend about 11,000 for 100 guests. Is that accurate? Do you get a rehearsal at all? Is there an additional cost? Will they cover the chairs for you with your choice of color? How much? How does the booking process work? I saw something about going on a tuesday or thursday and meeting with all vendors? Do they have mult. vendors per category and you pick the vendor? Do the vendors charge you an additional fee for things? $400 for a photographer seems really cheap. Is there a catch? What happens if a guest wants to leave early? Or gets sea sick? For those of you who already had your wedding, did you feel clastrophobic at all? Did any of you use all Electra vendors for everything? And if anyone is bored or has time, can you post some pics?? I knwo I am asking a lot, but would really appreciate it if a few people responded. I would like multiple perspectives. Thank you!!!!!

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

MrsWilletToBe Posts : 13 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I pretty much have ALL of the same questions as the post ahead of this. Can someone help us out? I'm mostly wondering about fees that the website and mailing package doesnt tell you about. We are having a small wedding - not more than 50 people.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilletToBe

There actually hasn't been really any hidden costs. If you go down there (and I'm not sure but they might even do it over the phone) one of the ladies (I've been working with Lorainne and she's been fantastic) will basically ask you everything you want and will whip up a quote for you right there. Yes it comes with things like photographer and floral but it's a very basic package -- so you can use the money that comes with your package (a few hundred dollars) towards a package with them because you will want to upgrade, or you can take that few hundred dollars off your quote and bring in your own vendor (make sure they are insured for this type of setting!). What I was guessing from looking at their website and what they actually gave me was very close to what I was guessing -- and it came with more things then I was expecting as well, one of my favorite bonuses? All of your guests are greeted with champagne and strawberries as they board the yacht. Also keep in mind, you get 30% off those prices if you don't do your wedding in the prime months of May-September because those are the most popular. We wanted a wedding date in May but went with booking a later date in April because of the big price difference. Definately just schedule a time to go down there and check out the yachts, they are beautiful and they will gladly help you figure out a quote right there. One last thing $500 will save your date for 30 days then the remainder of the down payment ($1500 for a total of $2000) is due within those 30 days as well I believe.

-Laura

http://www.weddingcountdown.com">
http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/l18gbbrvjw6.png" alt="wedding ticker">

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Hi! My wedding was on the Athena of Electra cruises. My sisters get sea sick, and didn't have a bit of trouble! It was really great. I had 115 guests and beer and wine and my total was around $13.5K or so (with video). A few of the prices are "starter" prices, which you can increase if you want more than the basic package.

Chair covers don't come with it. But it didn't matter. The white chairs were fine. I brought my own decorations and flowers, and went with the basic photographer package. We added a video, WHICH JUST CAME! WHOO HOO! I'll give you the scoop on Sunday! And bring pics to Woody's. See you! I'm excited!

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

A few questions I forgot to answer..

• You do get a rehearsal, they offer them on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings only I believe they said and they are held at I think 5:00.

• The rehearsal is included

• Another thing you get in the package is the officiant (which is the captain) but my fiance and I have our pastor doing the wedding so we will actually get credited $200 for that off of our quote as well.

• They do not have chair covers but they do offer that as an addition. I think it ended up being over $5.00 per chair though which is way more then using an outside vendor.

• They do include linens with the package but only have I believe 5 or 6 basic colors -- black, white, ivory, blood red, forest green, and a navy if my memory serves me correctly.

• The $400 for a photographer doesn't include much, it covers I think about 300 snapshots and they basically just give you the film at the end of the nite and then you're on your own. Since the pictures are the ONLY thing I'm getting after the wedding out of it, I will definately upgrading that package or going with my own vendor based on their prices.

• Yes, there are multiple vendors per category except I believe the cake is the only one that has only one option and that is Cinderella. You can go there anytime without an appointment though and check them out and do free cake testings.

• We had the same question about guests wanting to leave early, and they said we could arrange for the boat to make a stop back if needed for the ones who don't want to continue the party!

-Trust me, these are some big boats (you have to see for your self) so as long as you don't choose one of the much smaller boats you won't at all feel clastrophobic!

Hope this helps a bit, this was all I could think of for now! But my fiance and I were in Newport over Valentine's Day weekend and saw the boats going throughout the harbor and they looked gorgeous -- especially at nite!

P.S. Sorry I don't have final prices for you seeing that all my final vendors haven't been picked yet. I plan on going to the vendor meet in greet in March (depending on the date since I'm out of town) or for sure in April. I think I might bring in some of my own vendors for floral and photography but I want to meet them before I make that final decision. I have heard great things about Electra's vendor's though so I wouldn't sweat it. I am going to use Cinderella Cakes though, their cakes were so yummy and our design is FANTASTIC.

-Laura, the future Mrs. Lewis

[url=http://www.ezticker.com/]
imghttp://www.ezticker.com/ticker/260/1758/20100417/we+become+Mr.+/ticker.png[/img]
[/url]

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/LauraKuntz&BradleyLewis 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine