Funny Wedding Ceremony

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Nichelle1984 Posts : 8 Registered: 12/23/07
Funny Wedding Ceremony
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 11:40 PM

Hi Everyone!
My fiance is very concerned about our ceremony. He doesn't want it to be super serious, he wants to have fun with it and have it be funny. I'm excited about that but the only ideas I have been able to find only are "Here ya go mimic Dr. Seuss" or the old "I will put the seat down, change the toilet paper" type stuff. Which isn't really our style. I want to have fun with it but I also want the ceremony to still be meaningful. We are rather non traditional. We play World of Warcraft and role playing games although we are not having a "themed" ceremony, it's very simple. We don't have to worry about religious constraints because it is a completely non-religious ceremony. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Nichelle

dannysbabydoll Posts : 28 Registered: 1/7/09
Re: Funny Wedding Ceremony
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: Nichelle1984

the only thing i can think of is have the offiliant say something like pretend to be surprised tonight. but me and my FH are haing a funny reception. because the ceremony is for the family anyways ao we are making that a little traditional. but for the reception when we make our grand entrace we have playing "hot in here" by nelly. and we are having a ton of OUR music. not that boring traditional stuff.
I hope this helped!

"Now join hands, and with your hands your hearts."

William Shakespeare 

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Funny Wedding Ceremony
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: Nichelle1984

Dear Nichelle,

Here is my suggestion. The humor has to come from within you. You don't want someone to write gags for you that don't fit your personality, your relationship or your history.

Ask a good friend to help.

The three of you, in the privacy of your own home, act out some wedding scenarios. The other person takes the role of the officiant, you are the bride and FH is the groom.

Now, have an evening where you go nuts and think of all kinds of things that could happen. Keep a pad of paper handy, and write down the really good stuff. Go crazy. Say stupid stuff. A bottle of wine might help things along.

Then, later, pick out the "good" ideas and trash the bad.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine