help with a maggie sottero

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

crazey091909 Posts : 11 Registered: 2/6/08
help with a maggie sottero
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 9:58 PM

Hi Ladies!

I don't post much (usually just come on to keep me on track and get some new ideas...plus I love looking at everyone's beautiful dresses!!) but I thought maybe someone could help me out with a little problem I'm having.

I ordered a dress that I tried on at David's Bridal but it was too small in size. When it came in in the correct size the fit on it was not like any of the pictures I had seen. Long story short, I ended up selling the dress on ebay (and making back everything I paid plus some!) since David's Bridal would not do any exchanges or store credits.

So I started looking for a new dress and fell in love with the "Sally Ann" and "Sally" styles by Maggie Sottero. (they're very similar, just subtle differences) The problem I'm having is I've called practically every bridal salon within two hours and no one carries this particualr style so I can go look at it in person or try it on. I don't want to order it without getting to see it in person first. So I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a dress from a recent collection or where I could find the year this dress was featured in. I still have a couple more places to call so hopefully I can find something out.

Thanks for any help!!

laneyliz Posts : 36 Registered: 7/19/08
Re: help with a maggie sottero
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: crazey091909

It looks like you can order it from www.bestbridalprices.com. I have never used that site, though, so I have no idea if it is legitimate or trustworthy. Maybe someone else has used them and can tell you if they are good? There is also a www.preownedweddingdresses.com that you could check through.

jbear Posts : 73 Registered: 9/18/06
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: laneyliz

Hmm. Well, the only suggestion I really have is to maybe check craigslist? I check their often for dresses that I like... that way you can go see the dress and try it on :) Plus, if you like it, you might be able to get a really good deal!

jvan Posts : 13 Registered: 10/11/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: jbear

See if a bridal shop can get it in for you just to try on. Some shops offer that service for about $50, which might be worth it if you want to definitely try it on before you purchase!

JenniferLyndsey... Posts : 1 Registered: 8/4/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: crazey091909

I am getting married this July and researched before I went to the bridal salon. Upon arriving there I had no clue what to look at... my mom as like well do you like a certain designer, etc. I said well the Maggie Sottero is a great line, and I really like her Sally Ann. So we asked the ladies there if they carried Sally Ann, unfortunately they didn't but they had Sally there! So I went ahead and tried it on just to see! WOW!!!!!! I was speechless.. it was amazing. It was the 1st and the only dress I have tried on. I never believed the whole saying of you know it when you got it on that's its the one, well it happened to me. They told me that Sally & Sally Ann were very similiar. Sally has a sheer opening at the top where as Sally Ann doesn't. It's a one-piece, corset, strapless, flowing A-line gown. The illusion V-neckline is decorated with Swarovski crystals. The bodice is accented with a ruched hip band and crystal motifs. The soft chiffon creates a sweep train. It is extremely comfortable and the chiffon is to die for. I didn't want anything fluffy and large at the bottom. Just an easy flow and this dress says it all. I am telling you what you see is what you get with this dress. I ordered it in November and it's expected to be here within a couple of days! I can't wait! I ended up getting it in all ivory (Sally is show in ivory/gold) on the Maggie site. The reason I chose Sally over Sally Ann is because the bodice is accented with a ruched hip band and crystal motifs which just sets the dress off! I hope this helped! I honestly wouldn't have needed to go to the store to know how amazing this dress was! But I really didn't know when I went what I really wanted! Trying it on and seeing it in person sealed the deal!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine