The Best Things in Life are FREE - awesome contests!

Online Users: 1,361 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

ToriiandJoe717 Posts : 3 Registered: 2/16/09
The Best Things in Life are FREE - awesome contests!
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 5:43 PM

Since I have about a good year until our big day, I've taken time both locally and on the internet to enter as many contests as possible! I recently won a free engagment photo session from signing up at a local bridal show!!!

I also make sure to sign up for site's email newletters and offers! Some sites send out three or more discounts a week! One of the sites I subscribe to - myjeanm.com - also just started a video contest with some great prizes. They have some videos up and it's so cool to see other brides being in the same situation we all are! Nothing but hopes and dreams ahead of us - and a strict budget!

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Re: The Best Things in Life are FREE - awesome contests!
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: ToriiandJoe717

So far I've won:

Free wedding consultant during the RD and the ceremony (I was very thankful for this!)
Free mary kay cosmetic make over & $20 gift certificate (probably won't use this, Its a 2 hr drive away)
Free hand painted vase (super excited about designing this, I have to call the lady back tomorrow)

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: The Best Things in Life are FREE - awesome contests!
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: ToriiandJoe717

I signed up for tons of contests, but I didn't win a damn thing. All I got to show for it is a bunch of junk mail. I'm really glad I used a temporary email address when I signed up at bridal shows, because I'd hate for my 'real' email address to get bombarded with spam. The paper mail and the phone calls have pretty much stopped, but every so often I get one. You'd think they'd take you off their lists after the wedding date that you provide them in the same place they got your address.

If I had it to do again, I wouldn't bother signing up for anything. A slight chance of winning a prize isn't worth two years' worth of spam, junk mail, and annoying phone calls.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine