Your WHITE dress?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Re: Your WHITE dress?
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cute dress Cat!!! When did you order yours and what did David's Bridal do about the stain in your dress? You look gorgeous! and doesn't look like you need any alteration. Congrat'!

wedding web site

byebye Posts : 37 Registered: 7/30/08
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

Some of you are mentioning that your skin tone is too pale to wear ivory or champagne? Generally darker skin tones look the best with white, and ivory and champagne (a real champagne- not a David's Bridal champagne) look better with very pale skin. It depends a little on your undertones, but generally that seems to be the rule, but if you love it when you're wearing it, don't let anyone tell you it doesn't work with your skin, get it anyway!

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: byebye

I don't think I tried on any color other than white.
I had my dress made for me. We replicated a Monique Lhullier gown.

Walkingbackdown.jpg picture by linzrene

Here is me, pale as a ghost at my NEOhio December wedding in a white dress.
kissthegirl-1.jpg picture by linzrene

entrance-1.jpg picture by linzrene

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Oh that's pretty dress Lizz! The 3rd photo looks ivory but that just shows that white looks good on light skin tone too! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos. :)

wedding web site

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I ordered my dress on Jan 3 and they told me it would be in by Feb 15 (hmm... interesting. I'll get back to that point). It got in about 3 weeks later (yay). The stain was in the lace/beadwork.

When I pointed it out to them, they said they'd have their alterations department look at it to see if it was cleanable, but they asked me what I'd like to do about it. I felt like I was willing to give them the CHANCE to clean it (but it was going to get a fine tooth comb review). However, they came back and told me before we even left the store that it could not be cleaned. The manager ordered me a new dress right then and told me I'd have it by March 15.

I got an email from David's on Feb 13 saying my new dress was in. So they did meet the original deadline <G>

I'm going this weekend to see the new one. As to alterations, that one only needed two: The halter would have to be adjusted (that's a given) and a bustle put in (I'm doing a ballroom pick up, aka an overbustle. And the seamstress knew EXACTLY what I wanted because when I told her that, she demonstrated it for my mom who was like "huh?" I was glad I didn't have to explain it- - gave me a bit of confidence in her.) With any luck, this one won't need hemmed either. Hemming was an assumed for me, so the fact that the one I had initially been sent was my length was very exciting. Really, too bad about the stain.

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 6:30 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I love your dress! I tried it on, but because I have a big butt, it made my hips look enormous! I wouldn't be worried. I am sure you will love your dress when it comes in.

I actually wanted white, but it made me look kind of yellow, like I had jaundice or something! So the ivory really looked good with my skin tone and my dress is ivory with pale pink and gold beading and thread.

With you and I defying gravity, they'll never bring us down!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine