Fall,2011 Brides

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 91

Waiting2baSmith Posts : 16 Registered: 1/13/09
Re: Fall,2011 Brides
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

Our theme is going to be Stars, because when we 1st started dating, the first gift that he gave me was a star that he had named for me! It was super romantic, so that it what our wedding is going to be centered around. So are colors are going to be Midnight Blue or Navy Blue and Silver. And it's going to be an evening event!
wedding tickers

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: Waiting2baSmith

That is a really different idea and I like how you chose it because of the first gift he gave you. FH and I started dating near the 4th of July so we wanted to incorporate fireworks or something of that nature in our wedding -we'll see how that plays out though!!

Waiting2baSmith Posts : 16 Registered: 1/13/09
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

Awww.... Fireworks, I love that idea. I think that would be super cute!
wedding tickers

manderz421 Posts : 17 Registered: 2/7/09
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 12:43 AM Go to message in response to: Waiting2baSmith

I am also a summer 2011 bride! My fiance and I got engaged Christmas Eve 2008, and originally we had wanted June 2010, but since I got myself stuck in college an extra year, I will not graduate until may 2010 and as a teacher, no job until september, IF I even get hired! My dad told me he thought I should put it off a year and I was crushed also. But the more I thought about it, I figured he was right. I will not have any money then, so at least I can save for the wedding I want and focus on finishing college. It feels so far away thought, and I just wish we could get married next year. SUCKS! But now I have you guys to talk to!!

JordaninOklahoma Posts : 6 Registered: 2/8/09
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: manderz421

I'm a May 2011, hope you don't mind if I join? Future Hubby Mark and I got engaged December 30, 2008, and our date was set for May 22, 2010. However, he's going to be in college another year, and will be through with all his police training in 2011 instead. I was absolutely devastated. We had already started looking at colors (hot pink and black), decided on an outdoor wedding, and even found a cake that we both fell in love with. So I will be 21 when I get married, instead of 20, and he will be 23, almost 24. This week has just been so horrible, it's like I got excited...then now it must come to a halt for another year. It's hard to wait, but money is a big factor--we have to pay bills :) haha. I'm a nursing student and if all goes well I will be out in December of 2011. We have to get married spring/summer of 2011 because he insists on taking a honeymoon right after our wedding, so it has to be in the summer. You girls all seem so sweet. I'm glad to have found a group that has to wait as well :).

Jordan

BlissfullBride Posts : 32 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 2:59 AM Go to message in response to: JordaninOklahoma

We got engaged in dec too! Well I'm on the brink of being a 2011 bride.. we are planning for it to be 2010 july but I'm working on my masters to be a teacher and with the way things are going in cali.. who knows if I will be able to get a job! Luckily my FH is a Dr. but we're not going to depend entirely on that! ::Keeping my fingers crossed::

"It's best to remember that after the party, it is still just about you and me."

manderz421 Posts : 17 Registered: 2/7/09
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: JordaninOklahoma

JordaninOklahoma, I know exactly how you feel about waiting. I was soo excited and we too had already picked out colors (we're thinking light pink and white, maybe a chocolate brown) but the money and school issue was a bigg factor with us too. I was devestated, I couldn't stop crying! lol silly I know! But I think of this way, I do not have to skimp on anything and can have the wedding I've always wanted. Good luck with the planning.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: manderz421

I couldn't stop crying either honey :)
We are in the same boat.
Then when he started crying when I was crying, and telling me "I just don't want to have to struggle, I want the best for you and our future children someday...so we won't have to worry about bills, etc"
..Then I started accepting it.
It's hard, but it will be worth it in the end!
Any of you can email me whenever you want, jlashley2@uco.edu.

Congratulations to everyone! It's good to make some friends along the way that have to wait as well!

Jordan

aelrod Posts : 92 Registered: 12/5/07
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: JordaninOklahoma

More 2011 brides--awesome! FH and I got engaged in July... 2007!! I am so freakin ready to just marry him already, but you ladies know that. We are also waiting for me to finish school in May of 2011. My brother is also getting married in 2011 so I staked out my month--June. We are getting married on the beach in FL, where we live, but were thinking of doing something other than beachy blue. I like the idea of black and white with just an accent color, probably light yellow. I have seen it done and I just love it! FH doesn't care and he says that I will just change my mind by then anyway... he's probably right lol.

Our wedding is FOREVER AND A DAY away!

TrustLove Posts : 73 Registered: 3/7/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: aelrod

I'm so happy there is a thread for 2011 brides. FH and I have been together for three years and engaged for a little over two years. We had planned to get married July 29, 2010 but money was an issue so we decided to move the wedding back a year. We are planning on a very small intimate wedding with just the two of us and the officiant on a beach in Santa Barbara. I'm glad to know there are other people in the same boat as me.

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

I'm going to jump back in on this one! It feels so good to meet people who are waiting. FH and I are both 18, one big reason for waiting. As well I graduate from college May of 2011, he is an electrician so he doesn't really have to go school much, lucky man. Anyways, I love weddings and have been planning alot. Everyone thinks I'm silly for planning so far in advanced, but I can always change my mind, they are just ideas. We did just buy my wedding bands, ebcause they 50% off and I will spend my time saving up and looking for good deals.

We will be having our wedding at a renovated barn. The ceremony will be outside and if it rains, then it will be moved into the barn. I'm thinking of a simple look with nature inspired, so browns, greens and blues. Not sure which shades yet. These are also my all time fave colors and Fh's too!

What was everyone's reactions? Esp. about the waiting part.

Ours went over quite well. Everyone was really happy that we are going to wait, and happy because we are a good couple. I got a few wtf's though haha.

I would be really sad if I thought we could get married earlier, then have to move it back, so I think your reaction is completly normal. Sometimes I randomly cry because I just want to be married and forget about a wedding and all that jazz.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

FH and I havn't officially announced our engagement to our parents yet, we are waiting until we get closer to our actual wedding date before we tell them. I was crushed and cried when FH suggested we move our wedding date back because of money issues. FH and I are both full time students and by the time we get married I should be done with my BA and applying to grad school and he should be a year away from finishing his BA. It's frustrating to have wait so long I'm ready to be his wife already. How is everyone dealing with the wait.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Thats how I feel! I'm so ready to be a wife. His wife. I don't want to wait, I want to get married in 2010, but it's just not possible--financially. My mom and I were having so much fun planning, but they realize that it's probably best that we wait another year, as do his parents. I'm 19 now, he is 21. It's nice to see some people my age getting engaged, a lot of my friends think I'm nuts. It's just SO hard.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 1:48 AM Go to message in response to: JordaninOklahoma

I'm 19 and FH is 20 and I know it's really important for us to be financially stable before we get married. But some days it just feels like it's never going to happen. The waiting is killing me. I go through these stages where all I can think about is us getting married, I'm just ready to elope (which isn't a far cry from what we are planning anyways). We aren't having a big wedding; we're planning on a small intimate wedding on the beach. It'll just be me, FH and the wedding officiant. We are just trying to wait to get our own place together first.

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

FH and I are actually a little bit behind in our planning. We live in RI and are having a big wedding (big families) and because there aren't that many reception places we have to book aprox 2 years out. We both go to school full time and work full time and we are graduating in May so we don't have extra time to go and look at reception places. We are looking to start building our house in the Spring too ... we want to complete the outside and have the extra year to save up working and adding to the inside that way we dont have a big mortgage. We already have the land so that is a good thing!! We do have to look at plans though!!

FH is planning on going to law school and I am going to grad school so that is why we are waiting - we want to make sure we're done with school and have good jobs. FH will have a year of law school left when we do get married but I will have a job and he is looking to keep his current one through law school.

FH and I are both 22 and have been engaged since December 28, 2007. everyone was exciting when it happened and yes glad that we decided to wait until school was done. Aunts, uncles,and grandparents want us to get married next year but we dont have anything ready or booked and feel it would make us rushed and not ready financially. In the beg waiting was very hard, especially for me, but the time really does go by quick esp. because we were both dealing with school. To all those having trouble waiting - the time does go by quick just dont focus too much on it!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine