AHhhh!!!!! Which State to Move from CA!

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 13

MandaMurphy Posts : 68 Registered: 2/22/08
AHhhh!!!!! Which State to Move from CA!
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:32 AM

The economy is sooooo bad here in orange county. Does anybody have any suggestion on where which state to move to? So far, I'm really looking into Seattle, WA. I really hate to move to Elizabethtown, KY where hubby used to live before he moved out here...

Arrghhhhh!!!!!!! It sucks to feel that I neeeeeeeeed this job to survive and my office is probably going to start laying off.

Sorry, I'm venting.

www.momentville.com/mandamike

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: AHhhh!!!!! Which State to Move from CA!
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

I don't know how much moving would help. The economy pretty much sucks everywhere right now.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

Im partial to Seattle. Im from Washington. Seattle is amazing! It has soo many opportunities. You couldnt go wrong there.

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married! December 27, 2008!

http://alaireandclayton.weddings.com

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

The economy pretty much sucks everywhere. If you have a job where you are, I wouldn't move unless you already have a job lined up in the new city. Unless you're laid off. In that case, I'd move to wherever the job prospects for my field are good. Still, I wouldn't go through the expense of moving unless I knew for certain that I'd be able to find a job in the new city.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

FMR2008, Ohh.. you know which area would be the safest yet convenient and cheap in rent to move? I am looking into Tacoma and Bellevue. Rent are at least 1/2 of what I am paying and pay wise a little higher there too...

ArtBride - My company has been going down hard from the past few months. Let's just say, this isn't one company you want to work in. I've been looking at jobs around here and there's hardly any opening for what I am looking for and the pay is crazy low in CA. Probably because so many people are laid off and employers get to be picky...

I noticed that Seattle has opening for what I'm looking for a lot on a daily basis..

Pray that I get to find something soon!

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

Um. Bellevue would be the more expensive place to live. Its one of the richer communities but is really safe and if you have a family they have really good schools and sports programs. Tacoma you have to be careful of. Depending on the area it can be very unsafe. Burien is nice its also known as SeaTac. North Bend is also nice. Then theres Kirkland, Everett and Renton. I would stay away from Parkland, Lakewood and Spanaway...lots of gangs. Oh and Federal Way not good. My sister lived in Tacoma let me find out from her the exact neighborhoods she would stay away from. I believe she lived in the University District. Oh and another thing about Tacoma is the aroma...AKA the "Aroma-of-Tacoma" its a nice combonation of fish and pullution. Its not everyday, just the bad days!
Oh other places are Puyallup, Sumner, Covington. Those are also nice places.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

Thank you soooo much! I'll make some research tonight.. But if you can check on Tacoma's good area, that would be awesome-nesss!!

You're going to the So-cal brunch? Maybe I can get more information from you then too! hehee

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

Yeah I'll be at the So Cal brunch. Im gonna email my sister right now. The biggest thing I know about Tacoma is the smell and there is a Krispy Kreme. ;)

MrsLizSteplowsk... Posts : 81 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:49 AM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

Albuquerque New Mexico. Great place to live Mountians wherer you can see city lights and they twinkl go to google and type in Albuquerque Lights. I love it here..
SmileFate Loves the FearlessSmile

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: MrsLizSteplowsk...

New Mexico! I pass through NM real quick when hubby and I did a cross country few years back. Only manage to see NM in the night and boy, the lights took my breath away. I have to check on the jobs there!

MrsLizSteplowsk... Posts : 81 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

There is alot of places. ABQ is growing pretty quick. I love it here the weather is nice year around.. Its awesome here. You should come see Albuquerque.. Santa Fe is nice too just more about the money up there. ABQ is bigger then the other towns and cities too. More to do here.. Let me know how jobs are here.. What kinda work are you looking for?

wedding websites

Check out our Wedding Web page

http://KurtandLiz06202009.brides.com

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

What kind of job are you currently doing? Do you want to stay in that kind of field? I have a friend in Orange County and she works in property management. The pay is OK, but you get free or discounted rent depending on what your job title is. Apartment complexes really aren't being hit by the economy because more people are renting these days. You should look into it. My friend works for Arnel but I know the Irvine Company is hiring right now too. If it is something you are interested, I can give my friend your email maybe she can help you get a job. Good luck!

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

hey future mrsshultz,

Ooh, that would most awesome. I'm an assistant controller, I have payroll, HR, accounting and management. Have customer service experience too...

Hey, anything for cheaper rent is awesome haha... my email is amanda_thl@yahoo.com

Thanks!

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

She is going to email you. Her name is Natalie and she will probably say Sam told her to email you. Good luck. =)

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine