Why we love Electra Cruises

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,755

MandaMurphy Posts : 68 Registered: 2/22/08
Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: LissettC

hey there!

Actually, I've used Designs by Marina for my flowers. I admit, her store wasn't the fanciest and that she didn't have a compilation of the work she did but, our flowers came out beautifully, her arrangements were pretty and for the price, you cannot beat that. The quality of her flowers were really there. My flowers came up less than $1k for 6 centerpieces, 1 bigger centerpiece for head table, 3 BMs bouquets, mine and 8 corsages. Rose petals were free and we had lots of them for the tossing, aisle and tables. And the ceremony altar.. hmm.. I guess, for what I paid, I think I got more.

I definitely recommend Gary Barrmore for the minister. He really make my ceremony extra special, connecting all the guests to the ceremony as well. I had Dj Von for the Dj but I'm such a control freak that I chose all the songs myself, so I didn't really leave much room for him LOL But, remember to let the Dj know if you didn't want any special requests being made or etc. I don't think I used any of Electra's vendors besides these few other than Cinderella Cakes.

I brought in my own photographer & videographer = both at $1800 hehe...

I can't think of much right now, will update more later!

www.momentville.com/mandamike

nolnol Posts : 48 Registered: 7/10/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 2:34 AM Go to message in response to: LissettC

i can't vouch for marina, but i can definitely vouch for lavonne's! for just under $2000, we got the following:
23 bamboo centerpieces
bridal bouquet (yellow roses and white calla lillies)
toss bouquet
4 bridesmaids' bouquets (yellow and ivory roses)
3 flower girl bouquets
1 flower girl halo
10 pew decorations
18 corsages (including 2 moms)
21 boutonnierres
petals for our buffet table (couldn't do flower petals down the aisle, as our ceremony was at a catholic church).

pretty good deal if you ask me!

as for dj, we had dj tyler, who was awesome. she played the songs we requested, plus tried to change it up so people would actually get up and dance.

i didn't go with electra's vendors for cake, videographer, and photographer, nor did we have our ceremony on the yacht, but good luck with those!

cutting our awesome wedding cake!

f & c | january 10, 2009

melisza80 Posts : 71 Registered: 3/10/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 2:56 AM Go to message in response to: nolnol

Ohh YEa, HAS ANYONE SEEN A LIVE BAND ON ONE OF THE ELECTRA YACHTS....and HOW DID IT TURN OUT?
ANYONE............????????

Edited by: Moderator on Feb 4, 2009 4:27 PM

MandaMurphy Posts : 68 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: melisza80

nol nol, oooh, you certainly got a good deal at lavonne's! ahhhhhhh....... I heard many good things about Dj Tyler, but she was fully booked around my wedding.

www.momentville.com/mandamike

Edited by: Moderator on Feb 4, 2009 4:28 PM

4everdestiny Posts : 53 Registered: 3/17/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: LissettC

Welcome! I also used Lavonnes and I loved how my flowers turned out. I think we spent about $1200 and got a lot for what we paid for. She was so easygoing and very accommodating to what I wanted. Also, I highly recommend Gary Barmore. He was fantastic! He gave our ceremony so many special touches, everyone complimented the great job that he did. DJ Von was good as well... I too gave him specific instructions on what kind of music to play, so there were no problems there. We used Glenn Currie for photography, but I never researched anyone else~I was hooked once I saw his work. You have plenty of time though, so don't stress. I am sure you will find the right vendors to make your daughter's day special!

Meow22 Posts : 1 Registered: 10/29/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi ladies I just got engaged and have been looking at Electra Cruises! I can't believe I found this thread on here! So my question is why do you love Electra?!?!?!

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: Meow22

I'm so excited to go back again to see the boat :) I feel like going there every weekend! My fiance's mom wants to see the Eternity (formaly Crystal) and we will be staying in Newport for Valentine's Day weekend so I'm sure we'll stop by and have her come down!

I'm also planning on going to the vendor meet n greet this month. Anybody have any questions they think we should definately ask and things to look for?

Thanks ladies, this thread is going to be addicting over the next year!

-Laura

http://www.weddingcountdown.com">
http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/l18gbbrvjw6.png" alt="wedding ticker">

Edited by: Moderator on Feb 4, 2009 4:23 PM

LissettC Posts : 11 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

Thank you all so much for your input re the flowers, DJ, etc. So, here's a rather silly question. When you walked down the isle, who played the music? Was it the DJ or did you have a separate person who played the piano, etc.? Or, did you provide a CD with your ceremony music? Also, I'm curious about Cinderella cakes and the food that was provided by Electra. I've seen some postings where people complained about the cake not looking like what they'd chosen or that the food was not as good as what they had at the tasting. Did any of you experience any such problems?

JuneCrystalBride Posts : 42 Registered: 2/29/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Yes, what is this lawyer stuff about...I got an email from a lawyer saying all my information was going to be used in a case against Electra.... Anyone have any idea what this is about?

THanks!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;6/st/20080601/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-3/k/8e7d/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: 4everdestiny

First let me say that your pictures are beautiful! You were a lovely bride. So here's a question for you, I noticed in the pictures that you had sheer fabric strung across the ceiling. Did Electra provide this or did you coordinate this with the florist? This is something we'd really like to have done where the ceremony will be held---I think it adds that touch of class and glamour, as was apparent in your pictures.

BTW, your hair was absolutely beautiful. Did you use a local hairdresser/make-up person? We noticed that there were some just outside where you dock the yacht. Not sure whether or not anyone has used them.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

Hi Laura. When (and where) is the vendor meet-and-greet scheduled for February? Tiffany (my daughter) and I didn't even know that they had such a thing.

Lissett

4everdestiny Posts : 53 Registered: 3/17/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: LissettC

Aww thank you, that is very sweet of you. =] My own hairdresser actually did my hair for my wedding. He has been doing my hair for more than 15 years. He never even showed me what he was going to do or did a trial, so I had to REALLY trust him a lot! LOL I had faith that he knew what I liked and he took care of me.

The sheer fabric that you see in the photos was included in my package with Lavonnes. I am sure that any of the florists can do it for you if you ask. You can even have rose petals put inside at the front of the alter for an added effect.

Our ceremony music was chosen and given to our DJ to play. We chose Canon in D for me to walk down the aisle, but there are lots of other less traditional songs as well... Our DJ gave us a sample playlist to choose from for different events of the day like seating guests, parents being seated, recessional, processional, garter toss, bouquet toss, etc. so that helped. If we werent too fond of the sample choices then we chose our own. Also the food tasting is a great opportunity for you to meet with the vendors before you choose any. You will get to ask all of your questions and put a name with the face, and you will get to try all of the yummy food too. =] We had a blast at the food tasting and you can also talk to other brides-to-be... Hope this helps!

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: 4everdestiny

You RSVP through Electra. It's one Tuesday or Thursday every month (don't remember which)... all of the vendors that are contracted with Electra have to be there and they also have the food there for you to taste as well to get an idea of their flavors and the quality. I actually just emailed Lorainne today to set up a time to go, I hear it is a ton of fun and I can't wait!

-Laura

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: LissettC

I had a singer for when I walked down the aisle (the processional) accompanied by a guitar. They arranged things with my DJ before hand, and it went smoothly. All the other songs I emailed to my Dj and she had them. There is a music thread somewhere on Brides.com that is great for ideas.

All the decorations, either you or your florist provides.

The food was fabulous! And the our Cinderella Cake was wonderful also. I had a half dozen guests who are vegan and/or vegetarian, and they provided a wonderful separate dinner for them.

I was worried about something going wrong, but my day went off beautifully! We took a gondola from the yacht to the Balboa Bay Club (which is where we stayed that night). That was extra- but well worth it!

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Seems like everyone has disappeared from the thread.

Just wanted to announce though that we actually booked the Eternity almost two weeks ago now...

APRIL 17, 2010

I'm so excited to finally have the day set in stone!

-Laura

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine