NWR Current Events Thread

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,414

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: NWR Current Events Thread
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

I will not support that crap either. Hey I have 14 kids - give me my own reality show! You know what? Screw you. The Duggars, this new woman, all of em --- its just not right, theres something odd about it, and its totally irresponsible. She is living with her mommy, the woman has no business having that many children. And if she does get a show like all the other stupid sick shows on TV about families with 8 billion kids - I will not watch one second of it. Im tired of this crap. How about those of us that would really like to have a family, but guess what? We cant afford it and can barely support ourselves. And we KNOW that, so we are purposely not reproducing because its stupid and irresponsible. Where the hell is my reality show? Im so tired of irresponsible people being rewarded for their behavior and becoming "celebrities" in this country. It sickens me.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Just thought of something - I really hope this woman has really good health insurance!

I post on a baby board...there is this woman there who has NO health insurance, and isn't using any birth control method. She's "learning" how to chart (using NFP). But I mean, until you actually understand it (which she says she doesn't ) you use a back up method! Or you abstain from sex. She keeps saying "we know we shouldn't have a child right now, we can't afford it, but if an "oops" happens, we'll be happy". It's like, HELLO? You are basically setting yourself UP for an "oops". You have no money, and don't you realize that even an uncomplicated birth costs thousands and thousands of dollars? I hate people.

Pharm - I'm not an expert on IVF either, from from my understand/reading, most people should only have 2 embryos implanted, and 3 at the most (usually if the woman is older). Never 8. The risk is too high for both mom and babies, since you can't force people to "reduce".

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Hey Bird - This is the latest on the Mom from her mother -

Grandma: Octuplets mom obsessed with kids
The woman who gave birth to octuplets conceived all 14 of her kids through in vitro fertilization, isn't married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teen.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28948599/from/ET/

So at what point is this just pure selfishness? How is she paying for these kids and these procedures?

ChrissLady Posts : 1,352 Registered: 4/5/06
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Found this article on CNN about the stimulus proposal:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/02/gop.stimulus.worries/index.html

While I don't think alot of these things will jump start the economy, I do believe that they will be beneficial in the long-run.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

We knew it was coming....

Octuplets mom gets TV, book offers to tell story
The mother of the longest-living octuplets in the U.S. is being deluged with offers for book deals, TV shows and other business proposals, but has not decided what she might do other than care for her children, her newly hired spokeswoman said Monday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28984255/from/ET/

mrsJLA Posts : 445 Registered: 5/25/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Ok - I heard on the radio last night that crazy octuplet lady told Oprah she wanted 2 million dollars for an interview (something in there about Diane Sawyer too).

This lady needs to be locked up in a looney bin or something. She is obviously "using" these babies for money and has mental issues. WTF.

I would hate to see those children go into the foster-care system, but can you honestly say that they belong with this lady? I just don't get it.

Jaime

Wedding Pictures & Furbabies:

http:\\web.me.com\me182a

Edited by: mrsJLA on Feb 3, 2009 12:30 PM

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

WHAT! No way! 2 million bucks!?!? Thats insane. And you know she is staying hidden b/c some network WILL pay her mucho bucks for her interview. When you know the whole time, Diane Sawyer and Oprah will give her shit!!

Its so sad for those babies. They didnt ask for this.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I've stayed away from the octuplet mom for a couple of reasons. When the news first broke, I thought, great, here we go again -- let's celebrate the miracle of women having litters! I don't agree with these kind of multiple births, I think it's a bad idea, and no miracle of science has ever changed my mind on that.

Then when the news broke that she already had 6 kids, no job, and no husband, my next thought was (honestly!) please, oh please, don't let her be black!!

But other than that, I was just sad. This is a side effect when you support reproductive freedom -- people make choices that are just so not the right ones.

More importantly, though, I realized how completely stressed out she's going to be. This is the kind of thing that even well-off people have problems with, and she lacks the resources to deal with 8 children needing a diaper change. I hope to god this doesn't end with one of those "Mother Drowns Four Children" headlines that occasionally pop up in the paper.

Anyways, today I see her on the Today Show, and she's going on and on, how she'll manage the best she can, and, frankly, while I can't put my finger on it, there is something really not genuine about her, but whatever, I don't care.

And then I saw her fingernails. Her clean, long, perfectly manicured fingernails. Fingernails that no mother of 6 should have. Fingernails that indicate money and time spent on something that money and time should not have been spent on. And I just got so pissed at her. Her priorities are just twisted, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

In other news. . .

I'm so pissed off about Chris Brown. I really hope he's innocent. He is too young and too popular with too clean of an image to have assualted a woman. It makes me sad and kinda horrifies me.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MsD, is she black? I was wondering that myself. I didnt know she was on the Today Show but now I will be going online to read it. What a wack job, I swear. I have 0 kids and I dont even get my nails done! I'd rather take my $35 and spend it on lunch and iTunes.

In other news, did anyone catch 60 Minutes last night w/ the United Pilot? It was a great interview. DH and I were close to tears a few times.

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

No shes not black looks like shes rican or something. but on the news with chris brown he fought with his gf rihanna and injured her. I just wonder what went wrong!!! And I had 3 children single mom before marrying and the only time i got nails hair etc done for me was income tax time if that. that lady is weird
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Plunger Of the Offended in P.O.O.P~"People Offended by Offended People"

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

MrsD- shes white. Score one for the black team LOL.
And shes a freakin moron. I saw her on some news show the other day saying how she has no job and how shes planning on getting some sort of education eventually, and how she lives with her mom, and they asked her how is she planning on raising all these kids without a job and education and she said something like "I can give them something more important - my love. Me. " I thought I was going to puke. And then MisterKelley and I were both like "Yeah - and meanwhile WE will be paying for YOUR kids." OH I despise people like this, and I despise that she is all over Tv and I despise that we celebrate this type of behavior and put it on the covr of magazines in this country. I am a responsible adult female who lives within her means and realizes she may never get to have children because she simply cannot afford them. And I still wanna know WHERE IS MY REALITY SHOW??!!! How about we celebrate being responsible ?

I did see 60Minutes last night and I was pretty much glued to my TV. I love that Sully and the whole crew, it was really fascinating hearing HIM tell the story ya know? And seeing all those passengers hugging him and thankging him was really pretty emotional.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Omg I read her interview online. What a mess that woman. Yup Love will totally help you in this situation. I never heard such a crock of shit. She's as bad as these brides that marry their Bf's that beat them and abuse them b/c "i love him" PLEASE. I just wanna know what went wrong here...its like a perfect storm of bad ethics and no common sense on anyone's part. Her and her doctor. Did the doctor think this is a good idea?! I need to know these things. Even when you watch Jon & Kate Plus 8, they even say they are a fertiility doctor's worst nightmare.....this is just not cool. I feel so awful for those babies.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

ok now im officially pissed
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/

heres the grandmothers story
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,489825,00.html

Edited by: JJsWifey08 on Feb 9, 2009 4:40 PM

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: JJsWifey08

it seems the grandma is fed up and saying she shouldnt have done it. Also bunk beds and shifts for the parents ridiculous. my mom will barely keep one of my children

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Jumping in on this Octuplet talk. The woman is bat-sh!t crazy. Kel- I agree that something about her is off. I saw her for a few minutes on the Today show (and Ann Curry's whole interview airs tonight I think). I'm 99% sure Ann's questions were dulled down so that it wouldn't piss the mom off. She was far too nice with the questions. All the mom's answers were "i love them all". I just wanted to scream "BUT YOU HAVE NO MONEY TO FEED THEM!" ugh, the whole thing upsets me. She also kept referring to her childhood as being 'dysfunctional' b/c she was an only child. But I've read reports that she was a normal kid... cheerleader, had friends, no abuse, parents still married, etc. She apparently suffered her first miscarriage at 16 and "after years of infertility" had her first kid sometime in her early 20's with IVF.

They said she did release the name of the fertility clinic and ONLY had 6 embryo's implanted. I haven't heard if the clinic has released a statement. Also her mom did an interview that I read that basically said "my daughter is crazy and hasn't worked in years". The mom and dad have been supporting crazy & her kids. The lost their other home and had to move into the home they bought for her.

Edit: JJ's posted the links to the article I had mentioned. They showed pics from inside the 3 bedroom house. 3 bedrooms for 14 kids, the crazy mom, and then the grandparents.

Edited by: uno on Feb 9, 2009 3:45 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine