Pilates for Weight Lost

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

futuremrsks Posts : 57 Registered: 1/6/09
Pilates for Weight Lost
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 9:24 AM

I am going to be getting married in Aug 2010. I haven't been happy with my weight since I have had my 2 kids. I used to be at 114 and now I am weighing in at 142 lbs. I would like to be back to my pre baby weight but wouldn't mind being at 120 lbs either. So a few days ago I bought a pilates work out video and hoping it works. I have also been watching what I am eating. Does anyone know if pilates actually works? Or should I ditch the video and try something else?

CamLovesJmw Posts : 49 Registered: 12/3/08
Re: Pilates for Weight Lost
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

I have bought a pilates DvD a while ago, and I haven't used it for a year or so. I found it hard for me. I know a couple people who love pilates and they do tone your body. I would go for it. There's no harm in trying. If you find that you don't like it, it's alright, you can move on to the next thing. You can always go back to the pilates later...

-chelsea
KissJosh and Chelsea 6 years strongKiss

SoonToBeSwann Posts : 1 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

Pilates is more for toning and sculpting your muscles after you've lost the weight. I would try Tae Bo workout dvds for the weight loss and then do pilates to get long smooth muscles. That way you look toned but not bulky. Hope that helps :)

MissLynne Posts : 4 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeSwann

I love pilates! I have asthma so I can't do a lot of the big cardio workouts, but pilates and yoga are great. I have a bunch of the Crunch videos for yoga and pilates (I can't remember the specific name, but the red one is my favorite), and I just bought one of the inflatable balls that came with a DVD I'm going to try out when I get a free day.

~Lynne

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 18, 2012 6:38 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

A-line Orange Sweetheart Open Back Mini Prom Dress With Sequins
Save up to 38% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $99.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-orange-sweetheart-open-back-mini-prom-dress-with-sequins-p-32107.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine