Help with Invitations

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

jjjmurphy Posts : 10 Registered: 10/14/08
Help with Invitations
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 2:11 PM

I need some help with suggestions for invitations.  I know that there are some very creative people on this website.  I am getting married next July.  My bridesmaids are wearing black and the groomsmen are wearing black tuxes with camoflauge vests.  I think the flowers will be orange and yellow or something along those lines. 

My 10 year old daughter plans on giving a toast about how our love is like a circle - never ending.  I thought I might try to incorporate the circles into the invites, etc if possible.

Below are a few invitations I found -

Any thoughts or other ideas?

ogedoo2 Posts : 3 Registered: 10/26/08
Re: Help with Invitations
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: jjjmurphy

Hi I got married last August and I used Duval Invites (www.duvalinvites.com). They did a good job with our custom invites. Our theme was black flowers with a hint of pick and white. The suite they created for us was amazing. I love adding the circles to you invite.. I hope this helps
-Dorothy 

Tsunami Posts : 17 Registered: 10/13/08
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: ogedoo2

Just browsing the recent threads here and came across your topic. I haven't started researching invites yet so I can't suggest any specific designers. However, I will give my opinion on the invites you linked to. The last invite looked very autumn-themed, but you said you were having your wedding in the summer. I think the first invite was best, but what would make it better is if it was colored to match your wedding's colored themes (i.e. black background with yellow circle, if you do end up with yellow flowers). The first invite has a very modern, clean, simple look to it, so consider whether that matches how your wedding will be.

dryden5 Posts : 330 Registered: 2/4/08
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: jjjmurphy

I like the first one with your colors for the circle.  I think its a great idea to incorperate her toast into the invites
myspace wedding countdown

giblet71184 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/17/08
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: jjjmurphy

Great idea!

jjjmurphy wrote:

I need some help with suggestions for invitations.  I know that there are some very creative people on this website.  I am getting married next July.  My bridesmaids are wearing black and the groomsmen are wearing black tuxes with camoflauge vests.  I think the flowers will be orange and yellow or something along those lines. 

My 10 year old daughter plans on giving a toast about how our love is like a circle - never ending.  I thought I might try to incorporate the circles into the invites, etc if possible.

Below are a few invitations I found -

Any thoughts or other ideas?

http://rockinweddings.blogspot.com/

pjwuebker Posts : 4 Registered: 1/16/09
Posted: Jan 16, 2009 5:39 AM Go to message in response to: jjjmurphy

A custom wedding postage stamp is an easy way add a classical elegance
to whatever design you create. Perhaps a matching stamp for your thank
yous. My online site has several hundred to consider. Take a look and
see what you think. This is the link to the main stamp page. Feel free to comment or vote on any image you find appealing.

MissLynne Posts : 4 Registered: 2/2/09
Video Invitations
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: pjwuebker

My fiancee and I are just starting to look at invitations ourselves, but we got a really cool Save the Date from a company called Storybook Digital. They were DVDs! We got to put together a little script and make a mini-movie spoof of the Matrix where we saved the date. It only took a couple of days, wasn't too expensive, and all of our family and friends have loved it. It looks like a real movie! I definitely recommend them if you live in the Philadelphia area and want a really cool invitation.

~Lynne

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Re: Video Invitations
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: MissLynne

Awesome! I've never seen video save-the-dates (or invitations for that matter) but it sounds like a really neat, modern idea!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine