Caterers who just don't get it

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

SweetLou32 Posts : 5 Registered: 9/30/08
Caterers who just don't get it
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 7:51 PM

I'm getting married away from home and I've been trying to communicate with some potential caterers what I'd like for our menu. The problem is I want a custom menu and it seems they're not too great at taking my ideas and making them come to life. I'm half filipino and would like to have a unique menu that includes some filipino flavors with an american flare. I gave them some examples of filipino recipes so they can get an idea of the food, but I told them I do NOT want it to be a traditional filipino dish since I have lots of american family. I call it my filipino fusion menu. I approached a couple caterers with this idea and only get back menu ideas with only filipino food that I gave them, no creativity and definitely no american flare at all. It's only asian. I don't know how to explain that I'd like them to mix the two and still make it a cohesive menu? HELP!

Edited by: SweetLou32 on Jan 28, 2009 7:51 PM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Caterers who just don't get it
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: SweetLou32

Dear Lou,

In this tough economic climate, there has got to be a caterer who wants your business enough to work with you.

My suggestion is to make a list of (?) 40 caterers, and send them all an inquiry at the same time. Then, see how they respond.

Don't contact them one at a time. That will take too long. Hit them all at once. If you are getting married in Southern California, there's bound to be a gazillion of caterers "hungry" for business.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine