APRIL 2009 BRIDES!

Online Users: 1,235 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 973

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Re: APRIL 2009 BRIDES!
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

Michelle- Thanks. I always just want everyone to be cool and comfy. I know I turn into a psycho witch if I'm too hot so I can see the same drama with her. lol

Ruby, That cracks me up about your cake. I told FH that the one thing I didn't care about one bit was the cake. Since he's a restaurant manager, he was more than thrilled to pick out cake flavors. Did your FH pick those out or are those your faves? Just curious. Our flavs are FH's faves except for the top layer, coconut, which is my dad's fave.

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

KPM Posts : 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush - Would have died if I sneezed or puked! It was oral surg and I was so afraid of disrupting the clot! Actually ate something that resembled real food today! Yeaaaaaaaa!!! Feel as thouhg I've had my feet knocked out from under me today though. Heading back to reast some more.

FH and I stuffed envelopes last nite. Have 13 invites left to stuff - other than that... they are all printed and completed. Including stamped. Waiting to mail. I still want to add hotel and directions in there... will do that on the side I figure before FH mails them out

Heading to the couch.

Hugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggs everyone!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: KPM

So, I decided I am going to just kill FMIL. That woman has taken it upon herself to have a bridal shower for me when I said "NO BRIDAL SHOWER PERIOD". So, my mom calls me saying "I though you didn't want a shower." I say "I didn't." It's not that I am trying to avoid people, but I work on Saturdays, and I'm using pretty much all of my vacation time for the week of the wedding. She said that Barbara has one planned and has invited her friends, has planned on having it at her church hall, and wanted to know mom's list of people. I flip. I really flip. I told her that I already said no, and for my mom to call her back and tell her she'll be short a bride because I work on Sat and just won't be there. Now, FMIL is pissed at me saying I'm being "difficult." Shoot me.

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

Michelle,

I got my scoops here: http://www.hotref.com/chrome-candy-scoops-wedding-favors-p-2320.html

They are very plain, put I'm going to add some cute ribbon and they will be fine. I found another site, groovycandy.com, I think that has heart shaped ones, but they're like 3 bucks a piece with a minimum of 14.

Mush~ FH actually only specified that he wanted the chocolate brownie. He was deployed when I did the cake tasting with my BFF and we chose the other two layers. I don't think you're being difficult about the shower. Maybe FMIL thought you meant 'oh no, I really don't want a shower, but I really DO want a shower?"

KPM- glad you were able to eat today!

So, I got my invitations today and I HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are awful. The whole reason that we ordered these is because they matched our STD's and we wouldn't have to make them ourselves. So, the vellum is not even close to being clear, it's murky and not see through at all. I was so upset I almost started crying at work, where I had them delivered. But, FH and BFF appeased me and told me everything would be okay. FH and I drove half an hour to this bead store, dug through their stock and finally found little lion and elephant charms, which we are going to put on the invites. We also bought CLEAR vellum, and FH is going to cut it to size at work tomorrow. We are going to tie zebra print, and thin red ribbon around the invite, glue the charm on the ribbon, and seal it with his family crest in wax, so you kind of have to unwrap it. I have to figure out how to black out the names, but I will post before and after pics soon. So much for being easier!!!!! Should have made my own to begin with!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

LilMrsSunshine Posts : 195 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Hey laides!! I have moved to Houston...well physically Mentally I am lost. I dont even want to think about the wedding. I finally get here and realize there are like a million things FMIL and FH have not taken care of. Therefore I am not happy but I did want to let you guys know I've moved and I'm still alive. I really really wish I could go to sleep tonight and wake up in May when its all over!!

MichelleandRob Posts : 194 Registered: 5/12/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Ruby: I think those scoops are cute. After all, who is really going to pay attention to the scoops when there is candy around??

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

LilMiss- Glad you survived your move. It's all downhill from that....trust me.

I also agree with Michelle that my focus would be on the candy.....not the scoops. lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

Lil Miss - Welcome to Houston!!! I'll shoot you my number and when I had down that way sometime I can give you a buzz. Have to go down to figure out some things with our wedding site in Richmond.

I'm feeling much better. Working on maps today. What a pain!

Now to concentrate on loosing weight and a million other things.. lol

Mush - your FMIL will be the redfaced one when everyone learns you won't be there!

Michelle - Sounds like your dad is a trooper! Give him a hug from me when you see him next.

Ruby - I have a feeling your modifications to the invites will be wonderful! I understand the disappointment - but you will have something that is uniquely you!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: KPM

I'm not too worried about the scoops, I think the focus should be on the candy too. Plus, the scoops were way cheap and I'm hoping our venue buys them from us along with the candy containers we bought.

Next major project, order veil, find hair/makeup person.

Lil~ glad to hear you made it okay!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

stfballplayer7 Posts : 271 Registered: 3/17/08
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

MOH and BM dresses came in yesterday. All I need to do is find a day when I can get everyone together and choose shoes (FHs' mom said that she would buy evertone lunch when we go out shoe shopping, she's been really nice laately.. hmmmm). I think that I'm going with flats for me bc if I wear heals I will be taller than FH, and I don't really want that. As for the MOH and BMs shoes I need to see what they are comfortable in and what looks good on them.
My sister, also my MOH, has had ZERO attitude lately which is a HUGE thing for her. We are getting together this Thursday, if the weather is okay, and we're gonna look for a Spa in out area for our Bachlorette party(my BMs are underage and I want my FG to go with us),a place for her shower (she wants to throw me one), a good place for tanning, and if we have time possibly go and look at shoes.
We have the invitations done. I just need to stuff and buy stamps for them... I put the address labels on last month. lol.
FH has decided that he wants his mom and gram to cook for the reception. We are going to have a laid back reception. I said as long as I have chicken I'll be okay I guess, chicken is one of my favourite foods ever. lol.
I still need to decide on center pieces, all my other flower arrangements are picked and set with the florist... I just need to decide on the centerpieces, which is for some reason really hard for me. I am having a memory vase for my grandpa's mom, my grandmum's mom, and FHs grandpa. I have decided on getting 3 picure frames(one for each of thier pictures and possibly another one for my sister to put a poem in).
The wedding cake is ordered. I still need to decide on a Groom's cake, which I am going to surprise him with at the rehearsal dinner. I have it narrowed down to 2 different ones, one choice is a Baltimore Ravens one(his favourite football team) and the other I was going to see if they could make it look like his truck('79 or maybe it's an '80 Chevy Stepside) aka his "baby". For the rehearsal dinner we have decided to go with a fun and relaxing one. So we went with bowling. We just need to decide on which bowling alley to go with.

On a not so good note:
My cousin, alao my FG, found a dress she really liked at David's Bridal. When we were down a few weeks ago they said we could put it on layaway and get the one on the floor with half down, or we could wait and call down when we have all the money with a credit card number, and the number for the dress and Tiara she wanted and we could get it new which would be in in 8 weeks. My aunt called down and the lady told her that we couldn't do that, as long as they had it in the store we HAD to take the one that they had in store. When we were down it was frayed at the bottom from everyone else trying it on. They will not offer us a discount for the worn dress or anything. If we are paying full price we want a new one, or atleast one that isn't all frayed. Even if we did get that one they told her that she couldn't have it for like 18 weeks now. I'm seriously sorry for ranting, but this store is 2 hours away and I think it is rediculous(spelling?). Even before they were not very helpful. I had an appointment way before Christmas that I sat up well in advance, when we got there they told me where the dresses were and my family and my wedding party had to pick my dresses and take them to the dressing room. The only thing they did was help me in the dresses and out of them. As soon as I was done they refused to help my MOH and BMs with their dresses, even after I had a set appointment and we were the only ones in the place...
But we have my dress, the MOH dress, and the BMs dresses from another WONDERFUL dress shop. We are on a search for another FG dress.

All will turn out well in the end, I'm sure. = ]

THE FUTURE MRS. B.R. HERB  4/13/09

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: stfballplayer7

Short and sweet....
my MOH backed out last nite. To many things going on in her life, including her daughter having surgery the week of our wedding.

I'll update once I get it figured out......

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: KPM

I found scoops! My daughter and I were at JoAnn's today and they were on the 2 for $5 aisle!!
I would post a picture, but this website is not cooperating with me. Anyway, they are very plain but I can jazz them up a little bit with some ribbon. 12 scoops for $15

KSM: I hope everything is working out ok for you and your MOH situation.

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

This site has been crabby with me today. Congrats on the scoops.

KPM- I'm sorry about your MOH. My original MOH dropped out on me too.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

here they are

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

Michelle, those are very nice! Congrats again on your find.

Question for you ladies: Who's writing their own vows? FH decided that he wanted us to write our own vows. Now, when it comes to any normal paper or letter, I am awesome. For whatever reason, I keep F'ing up what I want to say. I've written it all down. I just can't make it sound beautiful. lol

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine