Long stem roses instead of bouquets

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

areagan85 Posts : 21 Registered: 1/12/09
Long stem roses instead of bouquets
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 5:00 PM

Okay, so I am getting married in May. I love roses so that is the flower that we are using. Our colors are Apple red (from Davids Bridal) and black (odd I know for a May wedding, but those are the colors I have always wanted to use for my wedding). I was wondering what some of you thought about my bridesmaids carrying white long stem roses instead of bouquets of flowers? They will each have a long stem rose with a ribbon tied around the stem. Then my maid of honor will have a red long stem rose instead of white. My bouquet can be an actual bouquet of red and white roses.. or should I carry a few long stem roses? I am pretty un-decisive on this so some opinions would really be great! Thank you in advance!

wedding countdown

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Long stem roses instead of bouquets
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: areagan85

Oo! I love this idea! I think it's very pretty. :) Buy some fany red and black ribbon to wrap around the stems so that no one gets poked! I think your bouquet should be a simple one with the red and white together. Maybe you could have a few berries or something in there too?
Or I really like this one with the stephanotis (is that what those little white flowers are called? Hehe). That would tie in nice too!

http://www.beginningtwoend.com/download/red%20rose%20and%20stephanotis%20bouquet.jpg

OOoooooooo or these roses are stunning too for you to carry. I think if your girls are doing just single roses though, yours would look better if it was smaller than this one. But dang, isn't that COOL?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_HGMmXCDfBq0/RxGOooPzJbI/AAAAAAAAAFk/L4ERB3bjoEg/msp_redb_1.jpg

Would you leave the leaves on the single stems, or peel them off? The leaves might be pretty in there with... hmmmmmm... :) Let us know what you decide!

IMG_7120.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Thanks for your input! I can't view one of the pictures you posted. It was the second one. Can you repost/send it to me? I do think I would leave the leaves on the roses for more of an effect. Also, I will be using silk roses not real ones that way they can be kept. I do like the first picture you posted, those little flowers are cute!!

wedding countdown

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: areagan85

This is the pic that wasn't showing up for you (or me either). So I went to the website and pasted it here...so hopefully it'll work now.

wedding widget

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

I wasn't able to see it on here but a friend went to the link and sent it to me! I love that bouquet, it is gorgeous!!!

wedding countdown

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: areagan85

aren't those red and white roses BEAUTIFUL??? I'm convinced they're what you need now! hehehe

Thanks for reposting for me Iheart :) Not quite sure what happened to that picture because I see it fine

IMG_7120.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

It is really odd because I couldn't see it until after I went to the website, and then it showed up for me in your post....

Crazy acting picture but an awesome find! If my wedding was red those would be mine!

wedding widget

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

I do love them!! I saved the picture to my computer so I can try to get one similar. I want fake roses, but so many people are trying to talk me in to having real ones in my bouquet. Maybe I can find fake roses that look like that! thanks again!

wedding countdown

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine