Reception Playlist ~ Special Songs for Speical Moments

Online Users: 1,354 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

BellaBeautifulB... Posts : 78 Registered: 8/9/07
Reception Playlist ~ Special Songs for Speical Moments
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 4:15 PM

Hey Ladies~

I have been putting together the songs I want to play at my reception for a long time now...but now I want to start to finalize all the songs. So, I thought I would share what I have so far and I was just curious to see what songs you'll be playing or played at your weddings

Parents entrance:
Could always do We Are Family or Love and Marriage but still looking.

Flower Girl enterance: Isn't she lovely by Stevie Wonder

Bridal Pary enterance: SexyBack by Justin Timberlake. I am not totally sure on this yet. I definitely want something fun and upbeat...idk

Bride & Groom enterance: I am thinking the beg. part (before the words start) of Shook Me All Night Long. I am not sure on this one yet either.

Slide show: You Must've Been a Beautiful Baby~baby pics, Hawiian version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow~group pics, the last set of pics will just be me and FH. I want somehthing pretty and slow. I was thinking Someone Like You by Van Morrison but am not sure yet.

Father/Daughter Dance: You are so beautiful to me by Joe Cocker or I loved You First by Heartland....still looking around a bit though.

Mother/Son Dance: Undecided, but I have been told it will be something by Elvis :)

First Dance: At Last by Etta James

Bridal Party Dance: Start out with The Way You Look Tonight and half way through cut to Footloose and let everyone dance fun and do whatever. This is an idea I got off the boards a long time ago and I am so excited about it.

Cake Cutting: Everything by Michael Buble

Bouquet Toss: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun seems overdone. I am looking for something different. I had a good idea a long time ago but forgot it!! LOL, I better start remembering :) I thought the DJ could play the very beginning of What a Girl Wants by Christina Aguilera while he calls up all the single ladies to the floor.

Garter Toss: Okay this one I have been told takes 2 songs. One for getting the garter and one for tossing it. I am not sure which songs yet. Something fun :)

Last Song: I was thinking Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Buble or I've Had the Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing or The Best is Yet to Come by Frank Sinatra but I don't know. I'll just have to do all these songs at the very end of the night.

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Reception Playlist ~ Special Songs for Speical Moments
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 1:31 AM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

Love your choices! Here are some of mine:

First dance: "Once Upon A Dream" from the movie "Sleeping Beauty" (childhood favorite!)
Father/daughter dance: "My Little Girl" by Steve Kirwan
Mother/Son dance: "Georgia on my Mind"
Wedding party entrance: "Beautiful Day" by U2 (chosen because DH is a HUGE U2 fan and I am a huge John Kerry supporter and this was his presidential campaign song! lol)
Cake cutting: theme from Jaws (my favorite movie- one of the biggest hits of the night, everyone roared with laughter, it was so great)
Last dance: With or Without You by U2 (I wanted to do "I wanna grow old with you" from the Wedding Singer but decided to go the safe route)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine