Your Future Ring!

Online Users: 1,362 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

Leli Posts : 89 Registered: 1/12/09
Your Future Ring!
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 11:35 PM

I'm pretty unique in what I want for my e-ring, so I was wondering what all of you ladies want? Post pics of your dream ring! I'm curious to see all of yours! Here's mine. I really like hearts, pink, and Mickey! I'm gonna talk to the jeweler about the crown though, 'cause I couldn't figure out how to make that area look nicer. <3 Photoshop! The estimate I got from the first place I looked at was $3499 with all moissanite stones. I'm still waiting on quotes from two other places.
The image “http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/pirateleli/ering.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

VivaLasVegasBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/9/09
Re: Your Future Ring!
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

Here's the ring that we have in mind, the only difference is the teardrop diamonds will be black diamonds (hopefully). I have a thing about black diamonds, I think they're pretty!
DM30500400_EC_75_200zoom.jpg picture by CambriaBride2010

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: VivaLasVegasBride

I just read your profile, and it made me laugh. You should have falling cherry blossoms, because for some reason, it's always flower viewing season in animes!

Cassiopeia Posts : 85 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 1:03 AM Go to message in response to: Leli

RLM Posts : 27 Registered: 10/4/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

This was my original choice from bluenile.com (http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-platinum_8311?parent_oid=8013). I love the round and baguette setting. Choice number two is from my dad's jeweler - Gelber & Mundy (http://gelbermundy.com/items.asp?category=rings&subcat=Diamond%20Engagement%20Mountings ). This one has lots of bling. I can't wait to see which one FH decides to purchase.

Choice #1
Round and Baguette Diamond Engagement Ring Setting and Matching Band in Platinum

Choice #2

wedding website

Franko Posts : 128 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: RLM

Yes they are great rings, I agree, get the best price if you can

I bought our rings @

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 6:28 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

I got my second quote, this time it's $5500. This place has a good reputation of making wonderful custom rings, and so I'm leaning towards this one, even though it's so much more. The other place does have some images of custom work, but I haven't really heard anything about them, and that makes me nervous. I'd rather pay more and have peace of mind.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

Yeah, I agree on the shopping around thing Leli. While my tastes may be a little less expensive, the ring I was originally looking at was just $550. But I found a place that offered a near-identical setting, allowed me to select what metal I wanted, and the size of my center stone. It's a little more but I can upgrade my metal so I know it will last longer.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

Are you going with MoissaniteCo or somewhere else?

"Though the world will tell you it's not smart
Ever ever after
The world can be yours if you let your heart
Believe in ever after"
- Don't settle for less than what you deserve.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

Yeah, MoissaniteCo. I was reading about them on a forum about lab created and simulated gems. They have an awesome reputation, the ladies there were more than happy to post pictures of all their custom, and re-set rings and other jewelry, they say quality and service is good, and also the owner has been very polite and answered any questions quickly, and politely. Doesn't even think it's weird that I'm a girl picking out her own ring. Also, I was originally looking at ovals, but marquis is like my fave shape and they say they will have marquis stones available very very shortly, so I may even wait. (A marquis center rather than the oval would be my dream ring.)

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 12:43 AM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

I think we're on the same forum! I'm totally excited about the enhanced fancy cuts too. That's what I'm waiting on, as well. I was told it could take up to 6 months even, depending on how long it takes the lab to figure out pricing! :(

Ever ever after
Believe in ever after"

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: Leli

Waiting 6 months doesn't seem like that much if it means I can have my dream ring, though! I was kind of settled on the idea of having it in oval, which would have still been pretty.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

You should definitely wait to get the marquise cut. I've actually been e-mailing Mike at MoissCo about my custom ring to see what he quotes me. He's been very attentive to details and really helpful in giving me suggestions. Depending on his price, I might go with him instead of Knox Jewelers (the ones that quoted me $5500).

Ever ever after
Believe in ever after"

VivaLasVegasBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/9/09
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

I love all this wedding ring talk! Yay rings!

Oh and just so you know Leli, you put an idea in my head I could not get out! I started thinking about cherry blossoms and then I talked to my FH about it and he liked it too so now we're using cherry blossoms in our wedding, lol. Thanks for the idea!

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 1:17 AM Go to message in response to: VivaLasVegasBride

I used to watch a lot of anime (I don't know why I stopped), so when you said wedding and anime, the first thing that came to mind was cherry blossoms! I've got an idea!! Why don't you order cherry blossom petals and have people throw that whilest you guys make your exit? That would be awesome. The only issue with that is, I don't think people would be able to throw them very high... Hm. Either way, you could probably find a way to rig something up where they'll be released and have them falling. That would be so lovely. Or, if you guys are going to have an arch, put a bouquet of them at the top. So many cute ideas. I'm gonna look it up to see if anybody else used them.

I got another quote today. This company was very attentive to details and asked more questions than the other two did, so I think I might go with this one instead, with the 18k. The $600 is a $300 design fee per ring (e-ring and wedding band).
$600 plus
14k white gold: $2739
18k white gold: $2935
Platinum: $3895

Talush: Those are very chic looking rings! I like them. :)

Ever ever after
Believe in ever after"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine