A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: KatyG

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Holy wow girls....I leave for a couple hours and all hell breaks loos on here 3 PAGES!!!! Welcome Autum.....I am Nessa....obviously..... I am 22 and FH Bill is 30. We are getting married on may 24, 2009 ,,,,,so close!! We are having a victorian theme in the foothills of colorado. We are going to a little town in Washignton State called Levenworth for our honeymoon. We origanly wanted to go on an alaskan cruise, but realized that would be to much of a headache to try and plan. The town we picked is a cute little german town and FH is very german and loved the idea. We are not leaving for a few days after the wedding (cross our fingers we can afford it) He wasnts to be there on June 7th because there is a beerfest....BOYS!! lol

Oh Audra~ I spaced this earlier.....if you go into Men's warehouse at anytime you will be fine, we got all the tuxes picked out before I even had my dress. The guy we worked with wasn't all that helpful he said heres the book I'll be over here. :uckily FH knew exaclty what he wanted at least tie wise...he just HAS to have an ascot.....wierdo.....and the tux it was shown on is perfect for our morning victorian theme so we decided on that tux, and a simple 2 button notch lapel black tux with a victorian lilac vest and tie.....The thing I really liked about MW is that they can go into any MW and get sized and have the tuxes ordered for yor day sent to whatever MW in the country you want. Which is helpfull because the BM lives in Nebraska, one GM is in Ohio and the other in Cali.

Well I am off to bed...I have to go drive on roads that will more than likely be all Ice thanks to the canadian snow storm today.......

audra2013 Posts : 145 Registered: 6/18/08
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:22 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

My goodness girls. I might be with project and not be able to keep up. I'm officially working 2 full time jobs and trying to plan a wedding that is exactly 5 months away!!! I can't keep up :( Normally I open up two tabs and read the one tab, respond in the other, but I've missed 3 pages so here's what I have from memory.

I saw a couple new girls ...Welcome! I'm Audra, my FH is Josh. We'll both be 19 when we're married. We've been together 3 years...over 3 1/2 when we get married on 06-23-09. Our date was moved up and I was slow to catch up so I pretty much have the entire wedding to plan in 5 months!

I agree with everyone about waiting on the Veterans Day thing, I think the 10-08-10 idea is fantastic. I'm loving all these honeymoon ideas. That's pretty much the reason we moved our date was so we could honeymoon after the wedding- he couldn't take off school because his Major is kicking his butt- but we wanted a fall wedding as well! Now that its in the summer, we're honeymooning immediately after the wedding. We'll stay a night in town and leave the next day, we're not sure where yet.

KJ and Nessa: Thanks for the tux tips. Josh is Italian (his grandfather was in the mob, or the mafia whichever one is Italian lol, I don't know) So he wants to look like an Italian mafioso. He's thinking pin stripes! I have no idea what to say to that. He also wants to wear red and our colors our purple and green lol. Sheesh, and these Italians are stubborn!!

Ok I can't remember what else. I hope I covered most things!

wedding tickers

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:37 AM Go to message in response to: audra2013

To the girls that said they cant keep up, that is fine! But stay with us. I am sure once I start work again, I will be in here less because it will be hard! But just updates and posting every now and then, keeps us happy!

Audra- I know how stubborn those Ital's are! My best friends in high school were both Italian. Steph is half Italian. OMG. But I am even worse so its alright!

So, Chace and I were watching CSI: Miami and randomly the question came up and Chace was like, "Would you kill or be killed?" Which led me to think about it and I said, " I would kill to protect you but I wouldnt kill to protect me." He was like, "What?!" But, its true. The lawyer, the conscentious and the morals in me wouldnt kill someone just to save myself but I would do anything for Chace.

Although, I totally get that men are SUCH jerks sometimes! Oh my. I barely got anything done in my house today. It is STILL so messy. I guess, I got distracted!

Nat (21) Chace (22)

What is meant to be, will be.

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 1:01 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

autumn: Kevin & I have been together for a little over 2 years. Our 2 year anniversary was November 9th.

well, I'm going to be SWAMPED by school work until I can figure out sometime of system. Its basically that I always have work to do: reading, studying, discussion boards. Ugh! I'm looking forward to the challenge though.

So when my MOH can get some time off work we are going to go look at dresses for me. Kevin will be going with us as well. I have a question though, I know its WAY too early to order BM dresses, but when does that need to be done? I'm kind of hesitant to do it until the last possible time because since my BM will only be 13 and her body is changing frequently.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Kj- I guess it depends where you get your dress from?

I think Chace and I need to pick our wedding party. Honestly, we havent even though about it as yet! We probably should get on that. Honestly, I am not even sure I want a wedding party because I dont want to offend anyone. I have a lot of cousins and then there is the issue with my "other" family. What do I do about them? OH! And, I got my mom to let me narrow the guest list down to maximum of 500 people! Yay! I will keep trying to go lower. I am aiming for maybe 200 or less! Ill work her over!

Nat (21) Chace (22)

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 1:30 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 1:46 AM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Yeah. My original guest list was 700-800 people. I have a HUGE family. I was thinking of just my MOH and his best man and then kind of honouring the people I appreciate and would love to have in my wedding party. Off the top of my head, if I included everyone, it would be about 9 or 10 on my side. Wow.

Ok, I am really pissed off right now. Chace walked into our bedroom and there was a bunch of laundry on the bed. He looked at me and said, "Did you do anything today?"

UM. EXCUSE ME?!

Who the hell do you think unpacked your crap and put it where it belong? Who did a month's worth of laundry? Who cleaned up the house? Forgive me for not putting the laundry away but I was at school until 3 and then did all this shit.

He did nothing. He came home and left his suitcase at the front door. I am not your mother nor am I your maid. Instead of saying, I am going to help her, you go out and leave me with all the work. I have a job. I have school. I am busy.

Ugh. I wanted to punch him. I am exhausted and he is telling me this nonsense. Dude. You're lucky I have self-control!

Nat (21) Chace (22)

MrsStanley2be Posts : 4 Registered: 1/20/09
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

I like this forum :) I'm 20 and my FH is 27 almost 28! Who cares, if your in love what does a number matter!

Dominique2089 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/25/09
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:03 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

Hi everyone im so happy to see so many young brides, u guys make me feel so much better but i have a Dilemma Im getting married july 30th 2009 and my FH mother is VERY bossy and she doesnt listen but she is helping me plan my wedding, it's a Nightmare. The only reason i agreed for her to help me plan becuz my FH wanted me to, but Honestly she is driving me crazy she is acting like this is Her wedding Someone PLEASE Help Me!! What Am I Suppose to do??

dominique

TrustLove Posts : 73 Registered: 3/7/08
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: Dominique2089

Natasha: That would be great if you could help me out with Arabic any help I can get with it is greatly appreciated. I've never really seen General Hospital or All My Children except maybe one or twice, my mom is obsessed with them though.

Welcome Dominique. I'm Chaye', I've been engaged for a little more than two years now, and been with FH for three years. FH and I are planning to have our wedding on July 29th 2011.

Dominique2089 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/25/09
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Hey Chaye thanks for welcoming me, have u started planning yet? if so wat r ur colors?

TrustLove Posts : 73 Registered: 3/7/08
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 1:26 AM Go to message in response to: Dominique2089

I've been planning little by little since the minute he asked. My dream has been to have a beach wedding, and so I pretty sure now that where our wedding will be held, I'm thinking about a beach in Santa Barbara. It's going to very small intimate wedding.I'm thinking I'm going to have yellow hibiscus (favorite flower) for me boutique. Not planning on having a reception. What about you. Your wedding date is come up, what are you planning, colors, etc?

seban Posts : 1 Registered: 2/10/09
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

est ce que quelqu'un parle français ? je suis perdu !

Edited by: seban on Feb 10, 2009 4:30 PM

KeeganRae Posts : 3 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: delete

Hi ladies! I've read a couple posts on here & you guys are so cute & supportive... I thought I'd post.

I just got engaged on Saturday (Valentines Day, so romantic :))

I'm 20 & my fiance (still getting used to using that word!) is 23. We're looking at a long engagement... planning on sometime in early 2011. And It's crazy! There is so much to do! But I have plenty of time, so I'm excited to not have to rush. However, since it's so far away (but kind of not!) I don't know if I should REALLY start planning now. I have started cutting stuff out of magazines & looking at dresses online, but I think I'm going to put off any REAL planning for a while.

I am so excited though!

------------------------------------------------

engaged february 14, 2009 ♥ ♥ ♥

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine