Getting Married on a Tuesday!

Online Users: 1,348 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

GiGiBXFL Posts : 16 Registered: 12/6/08
Getting Married on a Tuesday!
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 11:50 PM

Hello Everyone,

My fiancee and I have decided to set our wedding date for November 10th 2009. However, this date falls on a Tuesday but is the day before veterans day. We agreed this would be a perfect date for us for financial reasons and managed to get great bargains on vendor prices as well as photography because of our weekday wedding. However, the only that I am confused about is how to tell my family who will be flying in from all over. I know many of them will be off the next day (veterans day) but haven't gotten the slightest idea how to explain to my confused guests my reason for the weekday wedding without sounding cheap or selfish!
Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Live in peace and harmony

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Re: Getting Married on a Tuesday!
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: GiGiBXFL

Don't stress about what to tell people, simply tell them your wedding date. I am getting married on a Wednesday - my Fis it the most convenient date for my guests, No, but it is the date that FH and I have chosen and perfect for us. Will we end up having a small wedding - yes, because we're not inviting a lot of people to begin with and we expect we'll probably have a higher than normal refusal rate. But the date is important to us. It was not a fluke thing and we are sticking by it, you should do the same.

You're getting married on 11/10/09 - I think people will jump to their own conclusions anyway as to why you've chosen that date.
When is my wedding

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

There are a lot of people who use the DATE not the day. Perhaps it's because they want 08/08/08 (And I think there is probably someone on here with that) or 09/09/09 or 10/10/10. I know someone who did 7/7/01 She wanted July 7 as her date. It was a Tuesday (and I couldn't go--destination wedding) She also didn't want to wait four years for that date to kick in on a Friday or a Saturday.

Use the date you want, and let the day take care of itself. Some of us say "I want Saturday, what's open" Others of us say "I want this date.... aw man! That's a monday, oh well"

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I wouldn't worry at all, the people that you guys mean the most to will be there no matter what day of the week you choose. :)

IMG_7875.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2008 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: GiGiBXFL

Yea I wouldn't stress out about it. You and your FH picked that date and it's what works best for YOU. I am sure your family will still come to your wedding no matter what :)

independant2406 Posts : 58 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: GiGiBXFL

First off, congrats on finding those discounts!! I've heard that week day weddings can be a real money saver...

Second of all, don't worry about what your guests will think... they probably won't even ask, and even if they do all you have to do is tell them that the date is important/significant to you and your FH... and of course you won't be lying because its going to be your wedding day so of course its significant!! lol.

I've always wanted to get married on St.Patricks Day (the aniversary of when my FH and I started dating... also six months to the day after my birthday which makes it easy on FH to remember the dates lol...) I didn't want to wait til 2012 to get married just so the date would land on a weekend. After hearing you recieved such good discounts I might consider it again and have it on a weekday since it was my first pick.

Again, kudos on the discounts!!

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: independant2406

Thank you all so much for your words :) I feel much more comfortable with our decision. I also feel more confident about everything.

Thank you all so much for responding & thank you for the congratulations :)

GiGi :)

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: independant2406

Dear Independant,

It's amazing how many good deals we've managed to recieve because of it being on a weekday. I don't call myself the best negotiator maybe b/c i don't necessarily feel comfortable about doing it, but it was a lot easier negotiating with vendors, photographers, videographers and DJ's. I don't want to brag but the people we negotiated with are top rated vendors in the orlando area, where it was easier to negotiate a Tuesday date rather than a friday or weekend. I'm excited about the wedding and most of all how much money we are saving, but my guests don't need to know every detail about that! Thanks for the good advice :) and good luck with your up and coming wedding too!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine