My ring is gone :(

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 6

FitzMcgee Posts : 13 Registered: 12/11/08
My ring is gone :(
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 2:39 PM

I was browsing rings online the other day when I came across my favorite yet. I was at work, but I was planning on going home and bookmarking it so my boyfriend might accidentally run across it O=) I noticed on the site it said "Temporarily out of stock. Check back later" or whatnot; I thought nothing of it.

I went home and searched forever but couldn't find it! Do you think they take it off the site if it's out of stock? Will they put it back on when they have it? It was so beautiful and so perfect and now it's gone :(

I'm a newbie learnin' the ropes :D

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: My ring is gone :(
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: FitzMcgee

Whew - I saw this and was worried that you had LOST your ring or something! Glad that's not true.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. First off, you could just call the jeweler and ask. Secondly, you can always go to another jeweler and have them make the same design (provided you remember enough of it to describe it to them). No big deal. And even if you can't find this exact ring, I'm sure you'll find something similar at another jeweler. Even if it's an unusual style, there are really only so many ways to put a diamond or diamonds onto a ring. If you keep looking, you'll eventually find something similar that you like.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

FitzMcgee Posts : 13 Registered: 12/11/08
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

While I really liked that ring, I guess I'll have to coninue the hunt. And who knows, maybe it'll pop back up one day.

I'm a newbie learnin' the ropes :D

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: FitzMcgee

Is there another place perhaps that has that ring or something similar to that ring?

Erika322 Posts : 6 Registered: 12/30/08
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: FitzMcgee

I used to work in the eCommerce dept. at the company I currently work for. When an item goes out of stock, it usually is taken temporarily offline until the manufacturer/vendor makes inventory available. The item is then added back online. That's usually the way it is handled, anyway.

good luck! :)

--Erika

Jeter Posts : 17 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 2:34 AM Go to message in response to: FitzMcgee

Not sure where you work or what kind of computer you work with - but if you use the same one it might be possible to look at your browsing history. Then you will see the website you looked at. And always send yourself any links you like or mark it in your favorites. I learned that the hard way when I lost the bouquet I wanted.... live and learn right!?!?

Of course in your search you may stumble across one you like even better!

sweetpeas Posts : 31 Registered: 11/3/08
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: FitzMcgee

In my opinion, while you found this ring that you love, you should try it on to make sure it is the one. I found lots of rings online that I thought I fell in love with, but when I tried them on in person, I didn't like them as much as I thought.

As for the being out of stock thing, I do think that they are probably just low on the inventory and will put it back online when they make more. I've seen that done on the Helzberg website.

Best of luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine