Jazzercise

Online Users: 1,351 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3
Jazzercise
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 9:04 AM

I have been doing Jazzercise, a one hour aerobic and strength training workout, for 3 weeks now. The first week I went 3 times, the second I went 2 times, and this week I have done it twice and plan to go tonight and tomorrow. I am eating healthy and keeping everything low fat.

How long before I start to see a change if I continue to go 3-4 times a week? Once I do I will be able to motivate myself but it is tough to go when you don't see anything! I don't weigh myself, I am going on how I look and how my clothes fit as I don't want to get discouraged by a number.

Jazzercise
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i bet you are losing but you just don't think you are because you thinkk you look the same.

Seriously, get a scale....weigh yourself....it's great encouragement when you are losing. Smile

Jazzercise
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 12:56 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Are you keeping a food journal? I refused to for a long time because I figured I knew how much I shoveled into my mouth. But I've been logging every morsel for about a month now and it really helps. The food I knew was bad turned out to be a lot worse than I thought. My food portions were way off. It can be a bit tedious but I think it's worth it. There are several online food and exercise journals. www.fitday.com www.nutridiary.com www.fitwatch.com

I like seeing how clothes fit AND seeing the numbers on the scale. I also go by being able to increase the intensity of the workouts. I have several DVDs that I had a hard time making it through a few months ago. Now I'm searching for more difficult ones because the others are too easy.

From what I understand...Regardless of the type of diet you follow - low fat, low carb etc It really just boils down to calories in vs. calories out. You have to burn more calories than you consume. A calorie deficit of 3500 calories a week equals losing 1 lb a week. (It doesn't sound like much but losing more than 2 lbs/week is not healthy.) This is a 500 cal deficit a day for losing 1 lb/wk. For example, you can burn an extra 250 with exercise and then eat 250 less to get your 500 calorie deficit a day.

Don't get discouraged just keep it up and you'll see and feel the results!

Jazzercise
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 8:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think I see some results already but I'm not sure. My engagement ring is a tad loose and my FH thought my abdomen looked a little less... even a little encouragement is good, I guess! Smile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine