Valentine's Day!!!???!?

Online Users: 1,356 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

SummerLove07 Posts : 5 Registered: 12/31/08
Valentine's Day!!!???!?
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 8:39 PM

Ok... So my boyfriend and I have been chatting about getting engaged and marriage for a little while now. (we've been dating a year and a half). When we were talking I was mainly just going on about stuff that could in fact change over time, like location and dates and things, even though Im set on a June wedding on the beach. ANYWAYS.

we got on subject of Valentines Dauy and we're going to dinner and he mentioned roses and candy (hes really REALLY bad at keepingsurprises secret ) See he knows I'm a hopeless romantic
He keeps saying how he CAN'T WAIT for Valentines day.. and ruined a surprise by saying hes getting me a ring....

WHAT KIND OF RING.. is it just a promise ring to show his commitment but agreeing to the fact that we may not be ready for a full engagement, or is he actually going to propose...

Heres his little "signs" that I keep watching.
He asks me what kind of ring is my favorite, and asks to see pictures. He is constantly letting me jabber on about anything, especially wedding or engagement related, which happens to be a LOT when I get going. I said I didn;t know if I was ready for an engagement yet and he says "Ever heard of a long engagement?"
#1... Do you think He's up to something?
#2... If he is.. Did I ruin it by telling him I don't know if I'm ready? When in fact I might be but I was just near hyperventilation when he said the word RING?

Help me... Please!

Waiting on my perfect day...

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Valentine's Day!!!???!?
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: SummerLove07

It sounds very promising that he may propose especially since he asked you if you ever heard of a long engagement. But you never know, it could also just be a promise ring. Maybe you can ask him what does he think about promise rings? Ask him if he thinks they are stupid or sweet. That may give you an idea of what kind of ring he is thinking of getting you :)

SummerLove07 Posts : 5 Registered: 12/31/08
Re: Valentine's Day!!!???!?
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

He mentioned getting me a promise ring months ago, as a gift, but said that he wanted to get me something more.. useful. I honestly don't think he looks at promise rings to be smething big, but he knows I see it as a smallish step towards engagement. I also mentioned that Im the more traditional type, and that he has to ask my mothers permission (my father isnt in the picture) and he got a little .. Nervous? Reluctant? and asked if he had to.... ha! Of course he does...

Anyways.... I could pry a bit.. see whats going on... Just as long as I don't ruin in...

Thank you!!

Well.. any tips for sneaking....? ha!

Waiting on my perfect day...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine