DH got me a kitty for Christmas!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
DH got me a kitty for Christmas!
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 2:03 PM

In the Christmas wish list thread and the Kitty thread (which I cant find on here now) I had mentioned how in college, my roommate had a kitty that I loved playing with and how I really wanted a kitty of my own. Well, DH caved and got me one for Christmas!

She's a low-shed kitty, 7 weeks old, and a little shy right now as we've only had her since last night. She likes hiding under the coffee and end tables in our living room and apparently likes it when we chase after her around the apt - she started meowing at DH last night after I gave up trying to catch her and went to bed, lol... we had a little collar with a bell on it on her, but her neck's so little it kept getting stuck around her arm - at one point she had both arms through it and it looked like a belt so we took it off her for the time being, lol... we named her Tiger cuz her stripes kinda make her look like a little tiger.

hiding on the ledge under the coffee table

sitting on a chair next to DH

hiding under the end table

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: DH got me a kitty for Christmas!
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Awwwwwwwwwwww that is the cutest little kitty!!! I love cats!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

awwwwwwwww YEAH!!!! Soooooooo cute!!! Where'd he get her??

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket
Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax does make you sleepy. it has a sedative effect. sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

Posted: Dec 12, 2008 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

He found an ad in the newspaper a few weeks ago from a couple about 30 min away. they had a litter of half a dozen that they were selling and they were dewormed with their first shots too!

we can't tell if she's crying or just meowing though... it's only been a little over 24 hrs since we got her... i got her to eat some of her kitty food today though - had to make a trail from under the table to her dish, and at one point i sat her down in front of the water dish, as i knew she hadn't drank anything since we got her - she chowed down on the food and water!

and she found the litter box too, so that's been nice - DH was all worried about having to train her how to use it and everything, but with my college roommate's cat, she figured it out right away on her own, and Tiger did too.

we bought her a few more toys too tonight - my mom and sister brought over 2 toys they picked up at walmart, one of which is a little bear on a string that she seems to like - and DH and i got her a set of yarn mice that have catnip in em (the lady told DH that she seems to love catnip!), a little crinkly ball (like the stuff that present bows are made out of) and this thing with a feather on the end, which she seemed to like when I was playing with it with her earlier.

We got her to come out from under the tables a little bit and she doesn't put up such a fight like she did last night when we had to pull her out from under. She's fine once we get her and start petting her, but then she likes to run off, lol...

she's so cute tho! best christmas present I've gotten in a looooong time!

*September 13, 2008 *

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 12:11 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

VERY cute! She looks sweet. I always put a teddy bear with an alarm clock near the place where I wanted my kitten to sleep at night. And usually when I got up to check on them, they'd be curled around it sleeping. I read once that that made them feel safe and like they were back in that purr pile they were used to..

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Too cute!!! giver her time, she will come around. It took my Limerick a few days to get use to my apartment and me. Now he's a huge cuddle buddy!!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

AWWW!! The kitty's adorable! I wish my DH would cave--I want a new little kitten for Christmas!!! She looks like my old Tigger did, and give her time, in no time she'll be curled up on your lap purring away!

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

our once-new kitty is now about 6 months old. He's gettin' big! hehe Your little Tiger looks A-Dorible! :) And yeah, I second the other posters in saying to just give your kitten some time. It's good that you have lots of toys for her, they need that. Make sure to give her plenty of attention. :)

Edit! Did you know that pointsettias are poisnous to cats? My Popeye LOVES knawing on my plants and we didn't know. We figured we had better look after we found him throwing up. So if you have a pointsettia near where your kitten can get to it, move it up up and away!

10/26/08

Edited by: Nalamienea on Dec 13, 2008 12:26 PM

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Oh wow I didn't know that! The only poinsetta we have is a fake plastic/silk one I got at hobby lobby - but that's good to know - I was thinking about getting my bosses a poinsetta for christmas!

*September 13, 2008 *

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

The pointsettias wont' kill the cats, but they will definitely get sick to their tummies. We just dont' have them as my cats WILL eat them.

She's adorable, enjoy!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Awwwwwww- tiger is sooooo cute. Enjoy the kitten stage, it goes by waaay too fast and then suddenly they are randomly huge lol. Get a laser pen. Its hours and hours of good times.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

seems like shes warming up to us - last night she kept coming up on the bed while i was on my laptop and i woke up in the middle of the night to see her laying on the bed with us - this morning she was sleeping on our headboard, using part of our pillows, lol... it was cute! she loves this feather on a stick thing we bought at petco too - she's nearly destroyed it in the 2 days we've had it from playing with it so much! LOL

*September 13, 2008 *

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Kelley - Get a laser pen. Its hours and hours of good times.

I second that...gosh I LOOOOOOOOOOVE playing with my kitties with a laser pen...ha ha they go freaking CRAZY over it...I can never stop laughing....

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket
Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax does make you sleepy. it has a sedative effect. sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

such a cute kitty! makes me really want to get another one!
Laser pens are great, my cat will chase it for hours! she also likes her little foam balls, she rolls them and carries them around in her mouth.

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Aww, she is adorable! Congratulations on your new fur baby! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine