My Dream Wedding Gown

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

tweatie2 Posts : 286 Registered: 10/25/07
My Dream Wedding Gown
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 5:32 PM

I absolutely love Reem Acra, Platinum for Priscilla of Boston, and Kenneth Pool.  But I'm not so sure they are in my budget.  Can anyone rank these designers in descending order of cost?  Does anyone know another designer that has dresses similar to these designers, but at a lower cost?  Thanks.

Re: My Dream Wedding Gown
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: tweatie2

I ALSO LOVED THE SAME EXACT DESIGNERS THAT YOU R IINTERESTED IN!!! BUT TO MY DISAPOINTMENT UNFORTUNATLEY THEY WERE NOT IN MY BUDGET....THERE DRESSES ARE ABSOLUTLEY GORGEOUS BUT ARE EXTREMELY PRICY....THEY RANGE ANYWHERE FROM THE LOWEST BEING ABOUT $3000 AND THOSE R THE PLAIN GOWNS AND IF YOUR ANYTHING LIKE ME I LOVED THE GOWNS WITH ALL THE BEADING AND CRYSTALS WHICH THOSE DRESSES START AT $5000.... SINCE I COULD NOT AFFORD THOSE PRICES I WENT TO A BRIDAL STORE HERE AND TOOK SOME CUTOUTS FROM MAGAZINES THAT I LOVED AND THE LADY SHOWED ME THE ALLURE LINE.....AND THAT'S WHAT I WENT WITH!!! ALL OF THE DRESSES ARE VERY REASONABLE AND ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! AND QUESTIONS DON'T HESITATE TO ASK!!!

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: tweatie2

I got a rivini gown (also a bit pricey) but the store that had all those dresses had Watters dresses, a great price and gorgeous.

WharfHouseBride Posts : 514 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: tweatie2

All of these designers have dresses in different price points, usually from $2k to $10k. If you find a dress you like a lot, you could wait a season and then scour ebay and the high-end consignment shops for it. Also, Priiscilla of Boston has the "Vineyard" line which is slightly less formal and more affordable, like $1500-$3k. I've seen dresses by Anjolique and Piccione that have more "couture" cuts, but aren't made from the same fine fabric (silk satin) as the higher-end brands. 

tweatie2 Posts : 286 Registered: 10/25/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: WharfHouseBride

Thanks everyone for your posts.  Keepingmyname, how do I find high-end consignment shops?

Soon to be Mrs. Hurts!!

WharfHouseBride Posts : 514 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: tweatie2

You can search "couture consignment", "designer resale" etc, for shops in your area. There's also a website, bridalchalet.com (I think) that sells samples from the high-end lines. If you're able to get in to a boutique to try on dresses, you may be able to find the same gowns on Ebay or Craigslist. Beware of sellers offering copies of designer dresses, though. If they say they can make a $5k gown for $200, then there's a good chance they're located in China and using unsafe (ie. children or slave) labor and inferior materials. Good luck in your search! 

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: tweatie2

I too love Reem Acra and Kenneth Pool dresses.  But all the ones I liked started at $6500 and went up from there.  So, I decided to go with my $3800 Judd Waddell dress instead.  Amsale, Reem, Kenneth Pool, Anne Barge and Judd Waddell all make good dresses...along with other designers too.

Allure makes a well made dress, and so does Eve of Milady.  Chek their dresses out too.

classydame Posts : 91 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: tweatie2

Try this website: http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/ you can find all those designer names for way less because they are preowned. good deals!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine