july 2010.... anyone getting married in wisconsin or minnesota? lets chat

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Cuddlybear Posts : 18 Registered: 11/30/08
july 2010.... anyone getting married in wisconsin or minnesota? lets chat
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 11:38 PM

I do not know where to begin with the wedding plans. We have a few things in progress. We do know we want an outside wedding and actually thinking of having it at como zoo in St. Paul, MN, we just need to go visit the place first. Our wedding colors are purple and teal. We are currently working on a guest list. Thats about as far as we have gotten.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

LexiAndClayton Posts : 26 Registered: 12/6/08
Re: july 2010.... anyone getting married in wisconsin or minnesota? lets ch
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: Cuddlybear

I do not know where to begin
with the wedding plans. We have a few things in progress. We do know we
want an outside wedding and actually thinking of having it at como zoo
in St. Paul, MN, we just need to go visit the place first. Our wedding
colors are purple and teal. We are currently working on a guest list.
Thats about as far as we have gotten.

I'm a minnesota wedding, also, from south of the cities. The weddings at the como zoo are always really cool. But if I were you I would check out a few other places as well, keep your options open and make sure your date is open at the places, once you decide. book it. itll fill up fast. If you want to do a reception after the ceremony, check out places for that, and what they offer, as far as food, and space. If you know what youd like to do for food, id start getting that ready too, and getting a number on how big. consider center peices and the little gifts. little details and the bigger ones too, get hold of who your going to have marry you and make sure that it all cordinates with the place you choose. dress shop early, and if your having an outdoor wedding, consider weather, time of year (the shoe you wear...heels sink into the ground...so im going bare foot for mine but ballerina slippers are very comfortable or flats/sandles depends on your dress) def would work on invitations too, cake, photographers, music, what kind of flowers youd like, how much you want to spend on them, if there just in the bouquets or in the center peices as well. after you get your dress thing about what youd like for jewlery and what will go with your dress/ veil, also how your going to have your hair done, and if your going to get your makeup done, if youll do it or if someone else will id do a run through with a salon a few weeks before your wedding to make sure its how you want it done. think about programs for the ceremony, um well thats what comes up off the top of my head theres alot of details and alot of things to do, id start making a list, and a time frame, i know the knot.com helps with staying on task and not forgetting things. or a hard copy of a wedding book planner is always good....hopefully that will help some.

Lexi and Clayton

***Unexpected what U did to my heart <3 ***

Cuddlybear Posts : 18 Registered: 11/30/08
Re: july 2010.... anyone getting married in wisconsin or minnesota? lets ch
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: LexiAndClayton

Thanks for the advice! On Tuesday I met with my Maid of Honor who is also going to be my Wedding Planner since she loves this and would someday like to become a wedding planner. She will be coordinating everything, put lists together, timelines, etc. I value her input and opinions very much. She told me not to stress about anything cuz she will take care of it all. We are going to start meeting weekly. Its sooo much fun planning your own wedding. I am soooo excited!!!!

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life